ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 39
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:12 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
We're all getting old, Billay.

Sigh.
Fuck that shit I'm in the gym 5 times a week boss best way to prevent getting old is to MOVE!
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:14 PM 10-25-2022
We're all getting old, Billay.

Sigh.
No shit. I pulled a back muscle grabbing a coke can the other day.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:14 PM 10-25-2022
Thanks Penz I will try and check foot placement. Also thanks Stro I do incorporate leg machines into my workouts might have to do more so if the pain happens again
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:47 PM 10-25-2022
I read this last night and found it interesting... think the guy is pretty legit (author of Overcoming Gravity), even though he kind of talked himself into circles. :-)
https://stevenlow.org/overcoming-tendonitis/

He breaks down the different stages of tendon issues and some of the misconceptions, and has quite a bit on recommended rehab.

I tried resting my tennis elbow for a while and lately have just said fuck it... and despite the elbow, it's felt great to get back to the gym (I'm also terrible at resting everything, even though I haven't had much time for working out).

Did something to my knee a couple of weeks ago, too, because of course I did... :-) ...but, nothing too serious after taking it easy for a few days, just some tightness/swelling lately after leg days.
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 11:22 PM 10-25-2022
Bearcat get some elbow sleeves, they really help with tennis elbow.
[Reply]
Stro39 09:02 PM 10-26-2022
Dr Austin Baraki (Barbell Medicine person) had tennis elbow and couldn't conventional bench for years, he moved to reverse grip bench that didn't give him an issue. Also allowed him to set new PBs as it was a totally new exercise for him!

There's usually a way to continue training through injury somehow.

Lower weight/higher reps also usually a good place to try.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:41 PM 10-30-2022
Did some DoggCrapp (DC) training since summer and man it's been a great change of pace. I hadn't used any DC principles for about 15 years. I ran a simple Upper/Lower, 3x per week split, with it. One week was 2 upper sessions and 1 lower, the next week was the opposite. Rest/Paused sets can be just brutal.

Was nice to train differently and the extreme stretching is pretty intense.

Looking to add some weight into winter but my joints need a break from DC. Trying to determine where I should go for a good strength/mass building routine this time.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:00 PM 10-30-2022
Did some DoggCrapp (DC) training since summer and man it's been a great change of pace. I hadn't used any DC principles for about 15 years. I ran a simple Upper/Lower, 3x per week split, with it. One week was 2 upper sessions and 1 lower, the next week was the opposite. Rest/Paused sets can be just brutal.

Was nice to train differently and the extreme stretching is pretty intense.

Looking to add some weight into winter but my joints need a break from DC. Trying to determine where I should go for a good strength/mass building routine this time.
Interesting, hadn't ever heard of the extreme stretch before, just that stretching afterwards might help build muscle.

I'll give it a shot next time I'm done with my 20 reps of 170lb skull crushers!
[Reply]
lewdog 09:13 PM 10-30-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Interesting, hadn't ever heard of the extreme stretch before, just that stretching afterwards might help build muscle.

I'll give it a shot next time I'm done with my 20 reps of 170lb skull crushers!
Good idea. That should fix your tennis elbow!!!
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:38 PM 11-01-2022
Good idea. That should fix your tennis elbow!!!
:-)

Ethier reads ChiefsPlanet! :-)

(well, not exactly the same thing)
[Reply]
lewdog 07:46 PM 11-01-2022
:-)

Ethier reads ChiefsPlanet! :-)

(well, not exactly the same thing)
Not the same thing at all. DC extreme stretching (static stretching with weights) is an entire different beast.

https://revolutionaryprogramdesign.c...eme-stretches/
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:01 PM 11-01-2022
Not the same thing at all. DC extreme stretching (static stretching with weights) is an entire different beast.

https://revolutionaryprogramdesign.c...eme-stretches/
Yeah, I know, I Googled what you posted the other night... same 30k feet concept of stretching with resistance = good, but not going to run out and set 500lbs across my chest either.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:07 PM 11-01-2022
Yeah, I know, I Googled what you posted the other night... same 30k feet concept of stretching with resistance = good, but not going to run out and set 500lbs across my chest either.
Doesn't have to be heavy weight for the extreme stretching. I'll use 30lb DBs for the chest fly stretch and getting to 60 seconds after your chest work is damn tough. You'll be shaking like a leaf.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:10 PM 11-01-2022
Doesn't have to be heavy weight for the extreme stretching. I'll use 30lb DBs for the chest fly stretch and getting to 60 seconds after your chest work is damn tough. You'll be shaking like a leaf.
Shit, that's probably what I'm best at in the gym!
[Reply]
penguinz 08:25 PM 11-01-2022
Hold it until it feels like it is going to pop. Cry while contracting, take a deep breath and do it again.

I can't wait until I can get back in the gym in mid March.

My kid has challenged me to the 1000lb club.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 39
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Up