ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 26
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
frozenchief 10:05 PM 12-05-2021
Why can’t we catch the ball? Kielce, Pringle, and Tyreek all dropped catchable passes. those drops really screwed our offensive production. Tyreek’s ‘drop’ led to an interception.

What is going on? Are Kielce and Tyreek injured? What do we do for this season? Drafting or free agency are good answers for next season, not this one. the dropped passes aren’t such an issue with Denver but come playoffs, they will be really large.

I have no idea what is going on or why this is happening now and would love to hear any comments/suggestions.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:15 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
One read, eyes on the rushers and head down. It' wasn't pretty from my seat. Maybe I am off though.
No, you're spot on.

All of this can be right at the same time.

Are the WR's letting him down at times? Yes.

Is he throwing balls inaccurately? (especially behind and in the dirt) Also yes.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:16 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Right now Gordon is getting open on about 14% of snaps, which is one of the lowest rates in the NFL.
I am not surprised but don't understand why he is starting.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:22 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
No, you're spot on.

All of this can be right at the same time.

Are the WR's letting him down at times? Yes.

Is he throwing balls inaccurately? (especially behind and in the dirt) Also yes.
No way I have been told he is a perfect passer by KC_Connection
[Reply]
davewan 09:44 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Mahomes could be better, and needs to be.
I have resisted this conclusion all season, but we're at a point where it has become undeniable. Mahomes is as much a problem as are the drops. Last night he was 15-29 for less than 200 yards, an INT and no touchdown passes. For the third game in a row, the Chiefs offense scored an early TD, only to go an extended stretch without so much as sniffing the end zone again. Telling series? The Chiefs get a turnover and start a drive inside the Denver 10 yard line and come away with FG.

The offense is a steaming pile of canine feces right now. And the sad part is, they keep talking about fixing it. Let's face it, the offense is what it is. We're 12 games in. The offense simply won't look like the 2018 or 2019 version for more than a game here or there this year. It's broken and won't get fixed this season.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 09:48 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by davewan:
I have resisted this conclusion all season, but we're at a point where it has become undeniable. Mahomes is as much a problem as are the drops. Last night he was 15-29 for less than 200 yards, an INT and no touchdown passes. For the third game in a row, the Chiefs offense scored an early TD, only to go an extended stretch without so much as sniffing the end zone again. Telling series? The Chiefs get a turnover and start a drive inside the Denver 10 yard line and come away with FG.

The offense is a steaming pile of canine feces right now. And the sad part is, they keep talking about fixing it. Let's face it, the offense is what it is. We're 12 games in. The offense simply won't look like the 2018 or 2019 version for more than a game here or there this year. It's broken and won't get fixed this season.
Finally someone who tells it like it is.
[Reply]
davewan 09:49 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am not surprised but don't understand why he is starting.
The Chiefs don't run plays for him to get him open. At 6'3" and 225 pounds, Gordon's potential as a threat would be best exploited in slants where he can catch balls in space and gain YAC, plus go routes where he can elevate and "out-physical" the DB to catch balls up high. Have the Chiefs called even one play for him like either of those?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:51 AM 12-06-2021

If those aren't dropped and his stat line was 24-32, 270 2 TD's total are you still freaking out?
[Reply]
davewan 09:58 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Why can’t we catch the ball? Kielce, Pringle, and Tyreek all dropped catchable passes. those drops really screwed our offensive production. Tyreek’s ‘drop’ led to an interception.

What is going on? Are Kielce and Tyreek injured? What do we do for this season? Drafting or free agency are good answers for next season, not this one. the dropped passes aren’t such an issue with Denver but come playoffs, they will be really large.

I have no idea what is going on or why this is happening now and would love to hear any comments/suggestions.
Hill is being misused because when Mahomes throws to him, it's not in any catch and run situations anymore. Kelce is running the routes that should result in chunk yardage, but more often than not, the Chiefs aren't getting those chunk yards because Kelce's hands are unreliable. And you watch the guy's body language, it almost looks like he doesn't really care.

Pringle dropping the ball twice, let alone once last night was surprising. He has been so reliable in whatever role he's asked to play that I have to think last night was an anomoly. On one of the two drops, he just looked like he failed to secure the ball first before running.

Side note: what is it about the Chiefs running backwards after catching the ball? DeMarcus Robinson does it every single time he catches it. Tyreke does it a lot. Thornhill on the INT last night too. I swear, just go forward when you catch the ball. Stop trying to find extra yardage by running backwards. It's almost never there.
[Reply]
Oxford 10:13 AM 12-06-2021
Need to hire Cliff Branch and Fred Bilitnikoff as receivers coaches
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 12-06-2021
There was a conversation last week about the Chiefs defense being 'soft' until Ingram arrived. I dunno how much merit it had - but it was an interesting discussion.

But now I'm wondering if maybe the drops aren't a result of the offense being a tick on the soft side. They're getting punched in the mouth - a LOT. Kelce's getting hit hard out there and Hill's just getting a lot of volume and taking a lot of contact in his own right. Pringle has never been asked to do this much, nor has Hardman.

Some of these drops (most of them, really) are 'focus' drops where they just don't complete the catch before they start trying to move with the ball. Could it be a 'footsteps' problem? Is Kelce just getting a little tired of getting hit? Sure looked like his drop last night had a lot to do with trying to avoid contact as he was catching it. Hill seems to be trying to be looking to get into space as he secures the ball to avoid a blow as well. And I'm pretty positive that Pringles drop was because he was sensing a hit coming.

Are some of these pass catchers just tired of getting whacked around a bit and it's impacting their focus at the catch point?
[Reply]
-King- 10:57 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There was a conversation last week about the Chiefs defense being 'soft' until Ingram arrived. I dunno how much merit it had - but it was an interesting discussion.

But now I'm wondering if maybe the drops aren't a result of the offense being a tick on the soft side. They're getting punched in the mouth - a LOT. Kelce's getting hit hard out there and Hill's just getting a lot of volume and taking a lot of contact in his own right. Pringle has never been asked to do this much, nor has Hardman.

Some of these drops (most of them, really) are 'focus' drops where they just don't complete the catch before they start trying to move with the ball. Could it be a 'footsteps' problem? Is Kelce just getting a little tired of getting hit? Sure looked like his drop last night had a lot to do with trying to avoid contact as he was catching it. Hill seems to be trying to be looking to get into space as he secures the ball to avoid a blow as well. And I'm pretty positive that Pringles drop was because he was sensing a hit coming.

Are some of these pass catchers just tired of getting whacked around a bit and it's impacting their focus at the catch point?
Yeah Hill isn't used to having on top of him literally every time he catches the ball so he's anticipating it and losing focus. Kelce has less space too. Used to be he would catch the ball, do the 1 juke he ALWAYS does that somehow still works 100% of the time and get a few yards upfield. Now there's two line backers waiting to hit him soon as he gets the ball.

We desperately need to take some of the pressure off of them somehow.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:01 AM 12-06-2021
The Chiefs don't run plays for him to get him open. At 6'3" and 225 pounds, Gordon's potential as a threat would be best exploited in slants where he can catch balls in space and gain YAC, plus go routes where he can elevate and "out-physical" the DB to catch balls up high. Have the Chiefs called even one play for him like either of those?
I can agree with that. They don't run enough slants in general. I'd like to see lob passes to Gordon in the red zone but they don't trust him enough.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:02 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah Hill isn't used to having on top of him literally every time he catches the ball so he's anticipating it and losing focus. Kelce has less space too. Used to be he would catch the ball, do the 1 juke he ALWAYS does that somehow still works 100% of the time and get a few yards upfield. Now there's two line backers waiting to hit him soon as he gets the ball.

We desperately need to take some of the pressure off of them somehow.
Run the ball, tighter formations and bunch WR's. Scheme guys open fast.

We are doing it better now but it seems we have about half a game worth of these plays.

Or, if we want to keep our spread look send everyone vertical except the RB and have them clear it out and dump it fast. You can run this multiple times from slightly different looks and formations.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:08 AM 12-06-2021

Thank you.

Finally someone who admits that Mahomes shares the blame.

I have no problem saying other people are to blame as well. But acting like Mahomes is above it because our heads are up his ass is just disingenuous and wrong.

He's a problem.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:10 AM 12-06-2021
We are in the bottom half of the league in rushing attempts. We need to run the ball more when it's working. Passing last night was not working and running was but we continue to stop running. It's stupid.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 26
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up