ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 39
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
lewdog 09:04 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
What's your daily routine looking like Lew? I just took a 5am shift at work. I get off at 2pm and hit the gym have everything prepped by 5pm so I can just grab and go. In bed by 10pm and with such an early schedule no drinking during the week and I've found my cravings to eat like shit are less. It's worked out well thus far.
My daily routine?

On workout days I get up at 4 am and I lift 4x per week. Fasted lifting at 5 am until 6:15. Leave for work at 7 am. Work until 3:30, sometimes 4:30 on long days. I get to bed at 9 each night. I take walks with my son on weekend mornings and that's about the only cardio I get outside of HIIT I do for 10 minutes on occasion.

I eat super clean during the week and no booze. Saturday I eat and drink what I want but that is the only day I stray from eating clean, although Nov-Feb I work on eating more carbs/calories and look to gain 10lbs over those 4 months before leaning out more into summer again.
[Reply]
olout 11-15-2021, 09:36 AM
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
ThaVirus 09:57 AM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by DanT:
That sounds very much like plantar fasciitis, which I've dealt with. A couple of things that have helped me were to use the green SuperFeet insoles in my running shoes and make sure my other shoes have good support. Also, you'll want to stretch your calves before getting out of bed. To do that, dorsiflex your feet and also rotate your feet around the ankles. This only takes a second or five and it's now a habit for me when I get out of bed, which is frequently! There is a sock (Strassburg sock) and other devices (e.g. night braces) to help keep your calf muscles stretched while sleeping. Those are helpful for many.

Ice also helps. A nice trick is to put about 18 ounces of water in a 20 oz plastic soda bottle and then freeze it. When frozen, you can put it in a sock and then roll your foot over it repeatedly.

Also see, for example,
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...t/drc-20354851
I just stopped doing standing calf raises with a barbell on my back and haven't had any issues. I've still been jogging to the gym, incorporating some sprints, doing seated calf extensions, etc.

One thing I have changed is I've made an effort to keep the movement slow and deliberate. I have a tendency to bounce the weights and I think that cheats your calves out of some work by recruiting your Achilles'. I've noticed some size gains but it is a slow process.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:31 PM 11-15-2021
Been getting 15-20k steps a day not having a car rules
[Reply]
loochy 08:37 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Been getting 15-20k steps a day not having a car rules
I work at home, but I'm in my computer chair all day. I need to rig something up to put my laptop on my treadmill. Ideas?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:42 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
I work at home, but I'm in my computer chair all day. I need to rig something up to put my laptop on my treadmill. Ideas?
Say less

LifePro FlexStride Plus Blue Under Desk Elliptical Trainer for Home & Office - Calf Leg Foot Pedal Exerciser - Seated Compact Elliptical Bike Machine - Exercise Equipment w/Adjustable Resistance https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HPPBPLT...5ZAK4N60G56P13
[Reply]
lewdog 08:44 PM 11-15-2021
Are you a fucking n00b?!?!?!

https://www.flexispot.com/all-in-one...hoCm3sQAvD_BwE
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 09:06 PM 11-15-2021
My new gym has a lot of Arsenal equipment, hands down the best I’ve ever used.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:09 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Are you a fucking n00b?!?!?!

https://www.flexispot.com/all-in-one...hoCm3sQAvD_BwE
:-)

[Reply]
lewdog 09:15 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

Holy fuck if that's not awesome!

[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 09:32 PM 11-15-2021
What do y’all do for a living? I am really getting frustrated with the lack of activity in my office job.

Is the bike desk a decent option?
[Reply]
loochy 09:36 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsOne:
My new gym has a lot of Arsenal equipment, hands down the best I’ve ever used.

I've never used it, but I saw a lot of it in John Meadows videos. What's your favorite machine?
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 11:56 PM 11-15-2021
I've never used it, but I saw a lot of it in John Meadows videos. What's your favorite machine?
I don’t have a favorite, they are all great for different body parts. The leg equipment is great for different angles. The multifunction is the best to do shrugs on. The OH tripress works your tris really well. The side/front delt raise is super smooth. The donkey calf machine is very cool. I could go on and on, they are on YouTube to see how they function.
[Reply]
meleknistra 04:31 PM 11-16-2021
I bought myself a peloton this year. Had a little confusion with all the different settings, found the way how to contact peloton here and it all works well now. Use it minimum 2-3 times a week, sometimes more often
[Reply]
loochy 08:35 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by meleknistra:
I bought myself a peloton this year. Had a little confusion with all the different settings but it all works wells now. Use it minimum 2-3 times a week, sometimes more often
Bike or tread?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:49 AM 11-19-2021
Lew since I'm getting in so many steps should I crank up the calories a bit?
[Reply]
Page 20 of 39
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up