« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:17 AM 04-14-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Agree with the top 3.
IMO Veach is #1, and nobody else is close.

The Eagles borrowed a page from the Rams' "win now or bust" philosophy, and the Bengals?? I guess Tobin gets some credit for making the obvious choice with multiple top 5 picks. We'll see how good he really is when it's time to pay those picks.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 04-14-2023
Schneider should be alot higher IMO.

And no, Philly didn't go win now or bust. THey're pretty well set up for a while.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:23 AM 04-14-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:

The Eagles borrowed a page from the Rams' "win now or bust" philosophy, and the Bengals?? I guess Tobin gets some credit for making the obvious choice with multiple top 5 picks. We'll see how good he really is when it's time to pay those picks.
I will say that the Bengals also have made some smart choices elsewhere. Higgins is a second rounder as is Boyd and Hubbard is a third rounder. They also have done pretty good in FA also with players like Reader and Hendrickson. I agree that they have benefitted from drafting Burrow and Chase high, but that team is more than just those two, so credit where credit is due.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:26 AM 04-14-2023

Roseman deserves some credit for pulling the plug on Wentz, whom he paid (and everyone was on board with after he lit shit up) and subsequently imploded.

Hindsight is 20/20 so it is easy to forget it took massive marbles to pull the chute on that ginger fuckbag and draft a goddamned running QB that played 4 years for 2 schools.

Yeah, they kind of went win now, and damn if it didn't almost work. They have work to do, but so does virtually everyone else in the league.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:29 AM 04-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Schneider should be alot higher IMO.

And no, Philly didn't go win now or bust. THey're pretty well set up for a while.
Schneider has had some really horribad drafts. And they have hacked up the QB position right nice.

Plus there is this

He's done some nice things, and boy did he turn the dial to rape on the Donko Bitchcunts. But he has ot materialize that into a good team.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:31 AM 04-14-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Roseman deserves some credit for pulling the plug on Wentz, whom he paid (and everyone was on board with after he lit shit up) and subsequently imploded.

Hindsight is 20/20 so it is easy to forget it took massive marbles to pull the chute on that ginger fuckbag and draft a goddamned running QB that played 4 years for 2 schools.

Yeah, they kind of went win now, and damn if it didn't almost work. They have work to do, but so does virtually everyone else in the league.
Let's be honest though. He didn't draft Hurts in the first. I highly doubt that he was drafted to be the QBOTF. It looks like it worked, but now he will have to try and sustain that success when Hurts stops being cheap. But he is a very good GM.
[Reply]
O.city 08:41 AM 04-14-2023
Schneider has had some really horribad drafts. And they have hacked up the QB position right nice.

Plus there is this

He's done some nice things, and boy did he turn the dial to rape on the Donko Bitch****s. But he has ot materialize that into a good team.
He built a SB winner, tore it down, has rebuilt another playoff team.

Has had whiffs for sure, but shit, they all do.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:53 AM 04-14-2023
The Seahawks are a weird as hell case, their team was bad and they basically had an all time draft followed with a couple of good ones then a bunch of bad ones...

They tear it all down and respond with another outstanding draft, it's like WTF, so you draft great when you have to?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-14-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Let's be honest though. He didn't draft Hurts in the first. I highly doubt that he was drafted to be the QBOTF. It looks like it worked, but now he will have to try and sustain that success when Hurts stops being cheap. But he is a very good GM.
He drafted him in the second, so he certainly took some assets to get. He took a shot. Maybe not THE shot but he took a shot.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:57 AM 04-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
He built a SB winner, tore it down, has rebuilt another playoff team.

Has had whiffs for sure, but shit, they all do.
Yeah, I think he's good, but probably not top 5. There's just too many really bad rosters out there.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:58 AM 04-14-2023
Roseman is just really aggressive and takes chances most GMs won't, he trusts himself enough and probably is sure he won't get fired.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:04 AM 04-14-2023
He drafted him in the second, so he certainly took some assets to get. He took a shot. Maybe not THE shot but he took a shot.
Oh no doubts he took a chance and it paid off.
[Reply]
warpaint* 09:07 AM 04-14-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Not just a future first, multiple 1st rounders from a team that will likely be drafting high at least for the first pick.
Real life isn’t a video game.

AR was a good choice though that guy blows hopefully the Raiders draft him.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:12 AM 04-14-2023

I mostly agree with this. Except for the part about borrowing from the Rams philosophy. The Rams were trading away picks like crazy and paying a quarterback and others. Philadelphia has traded away Wentz for a first and rolled with Hurts, and they have a top 10 pick this year from the Saints for trading an extra first round pick last year for this one. Yeah. They traded for and paid AJ, but that's just smart to do when you have a quarterback in a rookie contract. None of that is close to what the Rams did.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:15 AM 04-14-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I mostly agree with this. Except for the part about borrowing from the Rams philosophy. The Rams were trading away picks like crazy and paying a quarterback and others. Philadelphia has traded away Wentz for a first and rolled with Hurts, and they have a top 10 pick this year from the Saints for trading an extra first round pick last year for this one. Yeah. They traded for and paid AJ, but that's just smart to do when you have a quarterback in a rookie contract. None of that is close to what the Rams did.
Fair enough. They obviously didn't copy the Rams approach, but they definitely borrowed from it.
[Reply]
Page 102 of 112
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106 > Last »
Up