ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>FOX & MacFarlane's The Orville
lawrenceRaider 09:45 AM 09-11-2017
I enjoyed it for what it was. Had me chuckling the whole time with the blatantly stolen Star Trek bits. Will watch again next week.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:47 AM 09-11-2017
WTF did I watch last night?
[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:53 PM 09-11-2017
All I have to say is that it was just okay. I was expecting a more Galaxy Quest style of show however it really is just Star Trek with Seth and company. Too much concentration on the two main characters failed relationship.

The first season or two of Next Generation was pretty meh as well. At least we don't have the super wiz kid saving the day each week.

I like the idea of a bright future instead of the bleak one that the reboot and DS9 had. Maybe it will get better, maybe someone will actually punch Seth in the face a few times.

I'd like it if they could go a little more Farscape...
[Reply]
notorious 02:03 PM 09-11-2017
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
All I have to say is that it was just okay. I was expecting a more Galaxy Quest style of show however it really is just Star Trek with Seth and company. Too much concentration on the two main characters failed relationship.

The first season or two of Next Generation was pretty meh as well. At least we don't have the super wiz kid saving the day each week.

I like the idea of a bright future instead of the bleak one that the reboot and DS9 had. Maybe it will get better, maybe someone will actually punch Seth in the face a few times.

I'd like it if they could go a little more Farscape...
My Man!
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 02:45 PM 09-11-2017
Will give one more week to this suckfest.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 10:12 PM 09-11-2017
Just watched it on the DVR. It was okay. I chuckled a few times, but I have to admit, I was expecting more funny.

It will be interesting to see if it can hang around long enough to get into a groove.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:39 PM 09-12-2017
I mean, it was the pilot episode. The timing isn't there yet with the actors, nor is the writing. It was entertaining enough for me to go back and see where it goes. I wasn't expecting Yesterday's Enterprise level of good or anything.
[Reply]
JD10367 05:03 PM 09-12-2017
Didn't think it was as bad as some are saying. Yes, it's a bit more of a serious take than expected. But, honestly, "Galaxy Quest" has already been done so they have to do more than make it "Ted or Family Guy in Space". The effects are honestly better than anything from the Trek TV universe, Adrianne Palicki was really good in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.", the woman playing the doctor was good as the last police captain on "Castle"... it probably won't last with it's strange mix of serious and lowball humor but, as was said, I do like its take of "regular joes in space". As much as I loved the Trek TV shows, they were just so serious and full of themselves for the most part.
[Reply]
007 10:47 PM 09-12-2017
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Didn't think it was as bad as some are saying. Yes, it's a bit more of a serious take than expected. But, honestly, "Galaxy Quest" has already been done so they have to do more than make it "Ted or Family Guy in Space". The effects are honestly better than anything from the Trek TV universe, Adrianne Palicki was really good in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.", the woman playing the doctor was good as the last police captain on "Castle"... it probably won't last with it's strange mix of serious and lowball humor but, as was said, I do like its take of "regular joes in space". As much as I loved the Trek TV shows, they were just so serious and full of themselves for the most part.
Its interesting you thought of Castle. I always associate her with 24.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:48 AM 09-13-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
I always associate her with the Larry Sanders Show.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:49 PM 09-13-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
Even in 24 I still saw her as Kassidy Yates.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:11 PM 09-12-2017
Just finished watching it. I really enjoyed it. Wasn't perfect, but it was fun.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:40 PM 09-12-2017
I want Seth to find his footing because of what Paramount is doing to Trek's actual franchise.

I'm gonna wait and see with this one.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:55 AM 09-13-2017
I never thought there would be a more boring show than Star Trek Next Generation - the Orville as set a new bar.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:30 PM 09-17-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I never thought there would be a more boring show than Star Trek Next Generation - the Orville as set a new bar.
Your opinion is both idiotic and wrong
[Reply]
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up