ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Was Mahomes 2022 season the most impressive ever by a QB?
RunKC 07:24 AM 06-08-2023
Heard this from Nick Wright and had to explore it.

Mahomes lost Tyreek and was not going to “be the same guy” without him. Wel except he had 5k yards, 41 TD’s, 12 INT’s and another MVP. On top of that he had A clean sweep in the playoffs ( 7 TD’s/0 INT’s) on one leg beating 3 of the best rookie QB talents in the league in a row.

He also broke the streak and won a SB while winning MVP which hadn’t happened since Kurt Warner.

What other QB seasons can compare to that? I guess you could bring up Manning in 2012, but he got his ass beat by Seattle in the SB. Brady had his best statistical year but got beat by the Giants.

Maybe Kurt Warner?

Does anyone else compare to this?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:27 AM 06-08-2023
Considering the schedule, personnel we had, his stats and the offense being the league leader in everything. League MVP, SB MVP and Champ. Yes.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:29 AM 06-08-2023
Yes, although it seemed low-key. Possibly due to all of the close games, and the offense not seeming as flashy as it once was due to the defenses playing against the deep ball.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 07:30 AM 06-08-2023
I think it probably stands alone due to the fact that many statistically great seasons don't end in a championship. I suspect Mahomes could one up it in the future.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 07:31 AM 06-08-2023
More rounded yes
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:39 AM 06-08-2023
Chris Simms said the same thing.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 07:48 AM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Heard this from Nick Wright and had to explore it.

Mahomes lost Tyreek and was not going to “be the same guy” without him. Wel except he had 5k yards, 41 TD’s, 12 INT’s and another MVP. On top of that he had A clean sweep in the playoffs ( 7 TD’s/0 INT’s) on one leg beating 3 of the best rookie QB talents in the league in a row.

He also broke the streak and won a SB while winning MVP which hadn’t happened since Kurt Warner.

What other QB seasons can compare to that? I guess you could bring up Manning in 2012, but he got his ass beat by Seattle in the SB. Brady had his best statistical year but got beat by the Giants.

Maybe Kurt Warner?

Does anyone else compare to this?
Marino’s 1984 season was pretty incredible
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:03 AM 06-08-2023
If you include the postseason and narratives (losing Tyreek, playing on a HAS for 90% of the playoffs), yeah, I'd say he's got a strong case.

Off the top of my head, the strongest contenders would be 94 Steve Young, 96 Favre or 16 Brady. Maybe there's a Joe Montana season that I'm not familiar with because it was before my time.

Otherwise, I don't think I'd quite put Mahomes' 22 regular season up there with the other greats like 11 Rodgers, 04 Manning, 84 Marino, 13 Manning, 07 Brady, 18 Mahomes, etc.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:04 AM 06-08-2023
That year Brady had Moss and they only lost in the SB was pretty amazing.
[Reply]
O.city 08:07 AM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
If you include the postseason and narratives (losing Tyreek, playing on a HAS for 90% of the playoffs), yeah, I'd say he's got a strong case.

Off the top of my head, the strongest contenders would be 94 Steve Young, 96 Favre or 16 Brady. Maybe there's a Joe Montana season that I'm not familiar with because it was before my time.

Otherwise, I don't think I'd quite put Mahomes' 22 regular season up there with the other greats like 11 Rodgers, 04 Manning, 84 Marino, 13 Manning, 07 Brady, 18 Mahomes, etc.
I think statistically, there's been some regular seasons that were better, but when you add the whole thing up....man he was really good.

When you start looking at advanced stats.....he really blew apart the league.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:12 AM 06-08-2023
It was certainly the most spectacular I've ever seen. The way he completely reinvented himself in one offseason was nothing short of incredible.

The sick part is, he's going to be drastically better this year.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:32 AM 06-08-2023
Oh no what will the pants pissers, piss their pants about
[Reply]
digger 08:36 AM 06-08-2023
You think that was good, just you wait to see what he does next...
[Reply]
Seanathon 08:46 AM 06-08-2023
2018 - Mahomes was a Ferrari on the autobahn and by his own admission he wasn't even reading defenses yet. He was just going out and playing. I think that season will be as close as we will ever get to seeing what raw, unchained talent looks like. As a refined, educated decision making quarterback I think this year was the most impressive.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:02 AM 06-08-2023
Dan Marino in 1984 was lapping the field statistically.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up