ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Messi to Miami???
petegz28 04:53 PM 06-07-2023
Lionel Messi chooses Inter Miami, MLS over Barca and Saudi Arabia
https://sports.yahoo.com/lionel-mess...ztDgQw9TNwxWDd

In a monumental move that could alter the course of Major League Soccer, Lionel Messi has decided to sign with Inter Miami.

After days of momentum and a years-long pursuit, MLS and Miami won a three-horse race with Barcelona and Saudi Arabia to sign the world's greatest player.

Messi announced the decision Wednesday in an interview with Mundo Deportivo, which confirmed earlier reports. No contract has yet been signed, and no details have been announced, but it is reportedly a complex 2.5-year deal with a total value well over $100 million.

"I made the decision that I'm going to go to Miami," Messi said in the interview. "I still haven't finalized [the contract] 100% ... But we decided to [take this path]."

In a statement, MLS said that "work remains to finalize a formal agreement," but it concluded: "we look forward to welcoming one of the greatest soccer players of all time to our league."
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:34 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The MLS has had world class players join them in the players declining years. Hadn’t made a difference in soccers popularity.
So many things that are simply wrong with this. Beyond that fact that there is not a single metric that soccer has not grown wildly in this country that aside...

Declining years?

Lionel Messi had 21g/20a in 41 apps for PSG this season.

This photo is from 6 months ago from winning the World Cup in one of the greatest performances and games in the history of the sport. What are you talking about?

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 06:39 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
So many things that are simply wrong with this. Beyond that fact that there is not a single metric that soccer has not grown wildly in this country that aside...

Declining years?

This photo is from 6 months ago from winning the World Cup in one of the greatest performances and games in the history of the sport. What are you talking about?
Good luck arguing about soccer with Good Ol' Boys from the Midwest who only drink American beer.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:40 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Wonder how low the other offers were.

He wasn't good at PSG and they had an option to keep him for a 3rd year but cut him. That offer is just slightly less than his PSG contract after 2 poor seasons. Cant imagine he would choose MLS over Barca if it wasn't like double the money.
He "wasn't good at PSG"

What?

Only two players got 15 goals and 15 assists in Europe's top five leagues this season. He was one of them.

[Reply]
jd1020 06:43 PM 06-07-2023
Messi scored 32 goals in 75 appearances for PSG over 2 seasons. He scored 38 goals in 47 appearances for Barcelona in his final year on the team. Definitely not in his declining years.

He had 16 assists because he was Robin to Mbappe's Batman. Why was the GOAT all of a sudden #2 if he isn't declining?

Not sure why you are so bent out of shape that father time is coming for Messi like everyone else. He's a couple weeks away from his 36th birthday.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:02 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:

Declining years?

Yeah I read that he was declining, but he literally led Argentina to a World Cup championship and played like the best player in the world. Wtf are people talking about?
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:04 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Yeah I read that he was declining, but he literally led Argentina to a World Cup championship and played like the best player in the world. Wtf are people talking about?
Hey not liking soccer and shitting on it? No big deal.

But lets not just spout of hot takes that have no basis in reality just to be a part of a conversation and listen to yourself talk.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:07 PM 06-07-2023
Messi scored 32 goals in 75 appearances for PSG over 2 seasons. He scored 38 goals in 47 appearances for Barcelona in his final year on the team. Definitely not in his declining years.

He had 16 assists because he was Robin to Mbappe's Batman. Why was the GOAT all of a sudden #2 if he isn't declining?

Not sure why you are so bent out of shape that father time is coming for Messi like everyone else. He's a couple weeks away from his 36th birthday.
Messi is literally the best player in the world. Look at any ranking of best soccer players and he is #1 in every single one of them.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 07:11 PM 06-07-2023
The Saudis are letting me down. The MLS doesn't deserve Messi.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:16 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Messi is literally the best player in the world. Look at any ranking of best soccer players and he is #1 in every single one of them.
Riding the wave of the recent World Cup will do a lot for a guy who is the GOAT. Still doesnt mean he's better today than Mbappe. Probably put Haaland above him too.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:22 PM 06-07-2023
The MLS has had world class players join them in the players declining years. Hadn’t made a difference in soccers popularity.

My son’s soccer club has over 1,700 kids trying out this Friday. That’s just his club which is one of several Premier clubs in KC. You’re high if you think soccer is not rising in popularity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 07:23 PM 06-07-2023
Riding the wave of the recent World Cup will do a lot for a guy who is the GOAT. Still doesnt mean he's better today than Mbappe. Probably put Haaland above him too.
Messi is a better playmaker than either. Both are better goal scorers right now than Messi.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:23 PM 06-07-2023
Going to be interesting to watch all of this play out.

Miami has been disappointing and at times outright bad their stadium is pretty dumb as well.

I am interested to see how much he actually plays I doubt they trot him out on turf and there are international breaks.

They would not come to Kansas City until next year unless something truly unthinkable happens in the post season.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:28 PM 06-07-2023
A lot of ignorance in this thread. Messi is Brady and mahomes combined.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:29 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
MLS is still terrible soccer.
Still more entertaining than the Raiders, unless of course when they are playing and getting beat down by KC.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:30 PM 06-07-2023
Why does it keep expanding in the US?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up