ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>4th-tier Men's Team Destroys US Women's Soccer Team 12-0
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:48 PM 06-06-2023
https://thepostmillennial.com/4th-ti...ges-over-women

Seven of the 12 goals were scored by Wrexham in the first 20 minutes.

Over the weekend, the US Women’s National Team was crushed by the men’s Wrexham AFC team in a 12-0 defeat.

Wrexham, a Wales-based team owned by American actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney, is part of England’s fourth tier League Two. Both teams were made up of current, former, and special guest players.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:58 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I dont think women shouldnt play sports, just that they should stick a fucking sock in it when it comes to compensation when even women dont support them and most are entirely subsidized by the men.
this is important to you why?
[Reply]
jd1020 03:04 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
this is important to you why?
Its a topic that has expanded beyond the scope of sports and has become a national battle cry for feminism and I'm tired of hearing about it because its as fictional as bigfoot and alien visitors. Companies like Google who actually audited themselves ended up giving men raises because they found out that men were actually underpaid and not women.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:30 PM 06-07-2023
Its a topic that has expanded beyond the scope of sports and has become a national battle cry for feminism and I'm tired of hearing about it because its as fictional as bigfoot and alien visitors. Companies like Google who actually audited themselves ended up giving men raises because they found out that men were actually underpaid and not women.
It's hard for me to imagine how you get to the point that this is something that infuriates you so much.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:39 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's hard for me to imagine how you get to the point that this is something that infuriates you so much.
Infuriated? Mother fucker I'm laughing my ass off because of how the ignorance of the topic led to the exact opposite of the desired outcome.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:11 PM 06-07-2023
Its a topic that has expanded beyond the scope of sports and has become a national battle cry for feminism
and that bothers you why?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:14 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
No disagreement on any of that. I would add that one more thing that separates men’s college teams and professional ones is that an average college team might have a handful at best players who make it in the pros. On a pro team all made it and they only get bumped when a better pro beats them out.

Won’t make this a DC topic, but your first sentence is a reason why there are concerns over transgender men playing in women’s sports.
it's a pretty radioactive topic, and I'm happy to sit it out. But I'm fairly certain I would be pissed off if my daughter was competing against a trans girl and got injured.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:39 PM 06-07-2023
and that bothers you why?
Why does what I'm saying bother you?
[Reply]
tredadda 07:41 PM 06-07-2023
it's a pretty radioactive topic, and I'm happy to sit it out. But I'm fairly certain I would be pissed off if my daughter was competing against a trans girl and got injured.
Agreed on all.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:48 AM 06-08-2023
Why does what I'm saying bother you?
Because you are speaking the truth.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:04 AM 06-08-2023
I can't stand them. They don't even wear the flag on the uniform. The fucking national team hates America and won't wear the flag on the uniform. How is that allowed? Would any country do that but our fucked up one?
[Reply]
penguinz 07:22 AM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I can't stand them. They don't even wear the flag on the uniform. The ****ing national team hates America and won't wear the flag on the uniform. How is that allowed? Would any country do that but our ****ed up one?
Many countries don't have their national flag on the jerseys.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:50 AM 06-08-2023
Something tells me this thread isn't because someone loves soccer and randomly chose a game to make a new thread of... hmmmm.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:44 AM 06-08-2023
It’s a way more complicated issue. First, who gives a fuck if they’re inferior athletes to men. Anyone with half a brain knows they are. This is all about if they get a fair share of the revenue they pull in. And unlike the wnba they pull in a lot of money. Especially when you consider they created practically a new category for endorsements. Brands like Nike hit the jackpot.

And I think it can be easily argued that they weren’t. The equality argument is dumb because the USMNT pulls in much more. But just as any players Union does they exploited the narrative that USMNT lost a lot of money by missing qualifier years ago. That’s the USMNTs damn fault. And arguably a big part of that is the sketchy relation ship they had with SUM which I’m still furious about their role in screwing over the USMNT by prioritizing MLS over putting the best possible national team together. Understandably, USWNT had to be furious that a lot of their revenue was going into MLS.

They were probably underpaid before. Arguably they are overpaid now but the men’s team doesn’t care because where this is a side hustle for men (they get paid a shitload from their pro teams), this is a primary source of revenue for women. So neither side seems too care too much.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:08 AM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It’s a way more complicated issue. First, who gives a fuck if they’re inferior athletes to men. Anyone with half a brain knows they are. This is all about if they get a fair share of the revenue they pull in. And unlike the wnba they pull in a lot of money. Especially when you consider they created practically a new category for endorsements. Brands like Nike hit the jackpot.

And I think it can be easily argued that they weren’t. The equality argument is dumb because the USMNT pulls in much more. But just as any players Union does they exploited the narrative that USMNT lost a lot of money by missing qualifier years ago. That’s the USMNTs damn fault. And arguably a big part of that is the sketchy relation ship they had with SUM which I’m still furious about their role in screwing over the USMNT by prioritizing MLS over putting the best possible national team together. Understandably, USWNT had to be furious that a lot of their revenue was going into MLS.

They were probably underpaid before. Arguably they are overpaid now but the men’s team doesn’t care because where this is a side hustle for men (they get paid a shitload from their pro teams), this is a primary source of revenue for women. So neither side seems too care too much.
My main take is that it's just sad to get overly combative about it regardless. It's like being pissed off that Lamar Jackson now makes more than Mahomes. Why in the world would you ever care about people wanting to get paid as much as possible? That's just how the world works.

And again, it's even sadder when you take a glorified exhibition game and try to link it back to the pay issue for the actual team. To use the comparison again, it'd be like the Chiefs destroying the Ravens in a preseason game in which neither of those guys played and then using it to bring up the contract issue between them again.
[Reply]
loochy 10:04 AM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
To use the comparison again, it'd be like the Chiefs destroying the Ravens in a preseason game in which neither of those guys played and then using it to bring up the contract issue between them again.

No, it would be like a team called Chiefs Legends, made up of former mid-tier talent players and front office personnel and celebrity fans of the Chiefs, versus Ravens Legends with the same sort of makeup.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up