ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>4th-tier Men's Team Destroys US Women's Soccer Team 12-0
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:48 PM 06-06-2023
https://thepostmillennial.com/4th-ti...ges-over-women

Seven of the 12 goals were scored by Wrexham in the first 20 minutes.

Over the weekend, the US Women’s National Team was crushed by the men’s Wrexham AFC team in a 12-0 defeat.

Wrexham, a Wales-based team owned by American actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney, is part of England’s fourth tier League Two. Both teams were made up of current, former, and special guest players.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:08 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Wait just a damn minute...are we saying men are better at sports than women? That's crazy talk!
What if they put on a wig and say they are a woman? Or does the dynamic change?
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:10 PM 06-07-2023
Ok....lol slow down, people.

1) This was a 7v7. Soccer is an 11v11 sport. This is like comparing a game of 3v3 pick-up basketball to an NBA game.

2) The team is comprised of a couple of retired USWNT players and some randos. The whole 7 player team was not made up of former or current USWNT players. Their goal keeper for example, never played for the USWNT. Calling them the "USWNT" is pretty ridiculous.

3) Heather O'Reilly, their "star" retired player, is 38 years old for example. The other star, Lori Lindsey, (retired in 2014) is 43 fucking years old, dudes. :-)

4) It's a 7v7, so it should be obvious that they werent playing by official rules either. Things like slide tackles, offside etc were banned. Again, NOT A REAL SOCCER GAME.

5) this tournament was won by "Newtown Pride FC". A f'n amateur team from Sandy Hook. What exactly do you think this was? :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:12 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This is almost like getting excited for which team won the Big Slick game. The tournament didn't have any actual current players as far as I know. It's just for fun.
Yeah it's just that dipshit Raiders fan/Clay worshipper posting his usual dumb shit. There were former players playing. It wasn't current team vs current team.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:13 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

1) This was a 7v7. Soccer is an 11v11 sport. This is like comparing a game of 3v3 pick-up basketball to an NBA game.

2) The team is comprised of a couple of retired USWNT players and some randos. The whole 7 player team was not made up of former or current USWNT players. Their goal keeper for example, never played for the USWNT. Calling them the "USWNT" is pretty ridiculous.

3) Heather O'Reilly, their "star" retired player, is 38 years old for example. The other star, Lori Lindsey, (retired in 2014) is 43 ****ing years old, dudes. :-)

4) It's a 7v7, so it should be obvious that they werent playing by official rules either. Things like slide tackles, offside etc were banned. Again, NOT A REAL SOCCER GAME.

5) this tournament was won by "Newtown Pride FC". A f'n amateur team from Sandy Hook. What exactly do you think this was? :-)

Yeah, this same thread is in DC and I pointed out that it wasn't even the current teams. This is just stupid as shit with stupid as shit posters. I'm not even sure what the point of the thread is.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:15 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
What if they put on a wig and say they are a woman? Or does the dynamic change?
Nah, then they're just a bundle of sticks who dominates their league.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:15 PM 06-07-2023

3) Heather O'Reilly, their "star" retired player, is 38 years old for example. The other star, Lori Lindsey, (retired in 2014) is 43 fucking years old, dudes. :-)

Correct on all. Now had it been for real and had all the players been active, would the results have been significantly different?
[Reply]
tredadda 12:16 PM 06-07-2023
Nah, then they're just a bundle of sticks who dominates their league.
Ok.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 12:16 PM 06-07-2023

Never let facts get in the way of posting a cringey incel-ass troll thread
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:26 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Correct on all. Now had it been for real and had all the players been active, would the results have been significantly different?
I'm not claiming that women would beat men.

Im claiming that trying to pass this off as an example of the USWNT losing to some randos from Wrexham, like what's being implied, is a complete bunch of bullshit.

This was in no way indicative of that AT ALL and not even worthy of being discussed.

When your star player is a 43 year old woman who retired 9-10 years ago, i don't think that really counts as attempting to field a competitive team.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:29 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
I believe these were former US women's players. Not the current team in training for the World Cup.

That's not to say the current team would win though. But they'd hopefully do better than 0-12.
Current Wrexham would beat current USWNT. I have little doubt. However, that's not at all what happened here and I'm not sure why it was being passed off as such.

Edit: Never mind. OP is a rerun, so it's actually pretty clear.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:31 PM 06-07-2023
I'm not claiming that women would beat men.

Im claiming that trying to pass this off as an example of the USWNT losing to some randos from Wrexham, like what's being implied, is a complete bunch of bullshit.

This was in no way indicative of that AT ALL and not even worthy of being discussed.

When your star player is a 43 year old woman who retired 9-10 years ago, i don't think that really counts as attempting to field a competitive team.
Of course which is why I agreed with your post. Was just curious.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:35 PM 06-07-2023
Wait just a damn minute...are we saying men are better at sports than women? That's crazy talk!
That's silly. Khabib is a million times better of a fighter than Frances Ngannou, and he would DEAD if he fought him.

There are plenty of women who are "better" at sports than men, but would be simply overpowered in direct competition.
[Reply]
Kman34 02:38 PM 06-07-2023

Yeah was going to post this yesterday but I’m on vacation.. it’s amazing how many people on CP shit on women’s sports. These athletes are probably better at their sport than 90% of the guys who post here.. This thread is nothing but a “look at me I think women should not play sports and make me a sandwich “ thread…
[Reply]
jd1020 02:42 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Yeah was going to post this yesterday but I’m on vacation.. it’s amazing how many people on CP shit on women’s sports. These athletes are probably better at their sport than 90% of the guys who post here.. This thread is nothing but a “look at me I think women should not play sports and make me a sandwich “ thread…
I dont think women shouldnt play sports, just that they should stick a fucking sock in it when it comes to compensation when even women dont support them and most are entirely subsidized by the men.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 02:44 PM 06-07-2023

3) Heather O'Reilly, their "star" retired player, is 38 years old for example. The other star, Lori Lindsey, (retired in 2014) is 43 ****ing years old, dudes. :-)

This wasn't a real Wrexham team either. The main striker was a fat retired former pro who is 46 and hasn't played professionally for 10 years.

The rest were a bunch of unsigned players.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up