ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>4th-tier Men's Team Destroys US Women's Soccer Team 12-0
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:48 PM 06-06-2023
https://thepostmillennial.com/4th-ti...ges-over-women

Seven of the 12 goals were scored by Wrexham in the first 20 minutes.

Over the weekend, the US Women’s National Team was crushed by the men’s Wrexham AFC team in a 12-0 defeat.

Wrexham, a Wales-based team owned by American actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney, is part of England’s fourth tier League Two. Both teams were made up of current, former, and special guest players.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:56 PM 06-06-2023
Men are such pigs. Have you no respect for women's volleyball?

Girls Volleyball GIFfrom Girls GIFs

[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:02 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It makes High School Football and basketball a pretty rough watch.

And the highest levels of womens athletics baaaarely meets that threshold.
I prefer watching women's volleyball to men's simply because the power in the latter makes the sets to spikes really repetitive compared to the variety in the women's game.

Women's college hoops were always a tough watch for me, I tried to get into them during the Griner days -- but each game seemed to be just putting 3 defenders on Griner and beating the absolute shit out her to try to keep the game close.

The Clark run this year was fun, even watching LSU blow them out was a good time.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 04:15 PM 06-06-2023
Softball and volleyball are great women's sports.

After that, it goes downhill rapidly.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:17 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I prefer watching women's volleyball to men's simply because the power in the latter makes the sets to spikes really repetitive compared to the variety in the women's game.

Women's college hoops were always a tough watch for me, I tried to get into them during the Griner days -- but each game seemed to be just putting 3 defenders on Griner and beating the absolute shit out her to try to keep the game close.

The Clark run this year was fun, even watching LSU blow them out was a good time.
I'm that way with mens tennis. The points are so short that I actually prefer women's tennis. Granted, I don't watch tennis much anymore so maybe I'm just out of date. But that used to be the case.

And honestly, a lower level of soccer is oftentimes more entertaining than extremely high levels because that level is just so damn good that precision is more likely to be rewarded than sheer spectacle. It's not often that you see some truly awe-inspiring play made at super high levels of mens soccer because those guys are just so in shape and so smart that 'trickeration' won't get you far.

But it's still more common than women's because women lack the threshhold athletic ability to make those remarkable plays. Whereas lower level mens stuff, some of that insanity can be rewarded (think about those first attempts at G-League basketball with 'Chocolate Thunder' passing between his legs and shit) because it's not the athleticism that's lacking - it's the precision.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:21 PM 06-06-2023
About the only women's sports i actually watch: Backyard brawls. Lulz.

[Reply]
tredadda 05:45 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
the difference in athletic ability between men and women is staggering. The strength to speed ratio is simply an uncrossable chasm. But the same is true for men's college sports vs. men's professional. That doesn't make college football or basketball boring. That's not the point.
No disagreement on any of that. I would add that one more thing that separates men’s college teams and professional ones is that an average college team might have a handful at best players who make it in the pros. On a pro team all made it and they only get bumped when a better pro beats them out.

Won’t make this a DC topic, but your first sentence is a reason why there are concerns over transgender men playing in women’s sports.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:09 PM 06-06-2023
Alot of folks got riled up about me saying womens sports are trash
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:24 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Alot of folks got riled up about me saying womens sports are trash
No, you told us you could smoke Caitlin Clark in basketball.

And I reminded you who you were and your athletic ability.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:19 PM 06-06-2023
I think women's hockey is decent to watch. Not saying women can play hockey on the same level as the men, but it doesn't look as bad as it does in basketball or soccer.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 07:26 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Softball and volleyball are great women's sports.

After that, it goes downhill rapidly.
Don't forget about tennis.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:37 PM 06-06-2023
In the amateur long-distance races that I've run, women tend to hold up pretty well against the men. Their average times are slower and their winning times are generally slower, but not by a large amount. I ran 122 half-marathons over a ten-year period, and I think a woman actually won one of the races outright, and there would often be some women in the top 5 percent of finishers.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:56 AM 06-07-2023
Didn't the current USA women's team get beat by under 15 boys?

If there was a quicker way to shut up that dumb bitch who started screaming about "equal pay" for women's soccer and how she would like to see the men's team play against the women, I can't think of it. There's a reason no one watches you and you don't make as much money.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:07 AM 06-07-2023
This is almost like getting excited for which team won the Big Slick game. The tournament didn't have any actual current players as far as I know. It's just for fun.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:14 AM 06-07-2023
OH HELL YEAH!!!
[Reply]
jd1020 06:21 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This is almost like getting excited for which team won the Big Slick game. The tournament didn't have any actual current players as far as I know. It's just for fun.
The former USA women's goalie who played in this game didn't look like she was having fun.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up