ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>LNBS: This will end up one of our best WR groups in some time.
BossChief 11:03 PM 06-02-2023
Next to Tyreek, Toney might be the most talented WR we’ve had in a very long time. He’s up there with anyone. If he can stay healthy, he has a chance to have close to 1300 receiving yards and maybe as many as 15 touchdowns. Hopefully our training staff has been able to help with his durability.

Rice is going to end up an upgrade to Juju by game 10.

Skyy Moore flashed the ability to get open almost instantly and outside of punt returns has very dependable hands. I think he ends with 750 or so yards and 5-7 TDs.

MVS is one of the fastest players in the game and teams are going to be putting more focus on the shorter passing game to stop Kelce, Moore and Rice underneath from killing them and that’s going to open up some opportunities for big deep strikes to MVS.

Justyn Ross has been getting a lot of praise, so far. Who knows what kind of impact he could have after having a year with the playbook and his foot testing out very strong this summer. He could get opportunities to shine if one of the top guys goes out for a few games and he shows he can be exactly where they want him yo be.

Richie James is a dependable and underrated player. I actually like his playing style quite a bit and think he’s a good fit here.

Watson had a few decent impact games last year and helped us win some big games. His big play in the playoffs was a great way to start with some energy.

John Ross is very very fast, so there’s that.

This group will also be aided by teams spending resources on defense to stopping Kelce and that’s going to open up tons of single coverages for these guys. Let’s not forget who’s getting them the ball, either.

I honestly think Pat is going to have a 5k 50td season again.

If the group is/stays healthy, he might get close to breaking both records of

5477 passing yards
55 passing TDs
[Reply]
scho63 04:28 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
plz mail these to andy rite nao so he can start coaching them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did this morning and he replied "Go fuck yourself".

Can you believe the balls on this guy? :-)
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:57 PM 06-06-2023
Reid will continue to field returns until there is a fumble in a critical game that prevents Mahomes from going on a game winning drive, and Mahomes puts his foot down. He's literally the only person other than Clark Hunt who can change Reid's mind.
[Reply]
Bump 05:27 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
It's not some magical feat the Chiefs did. It had to happen sooner than later as the majority of teams are going to be paying their QB insane $.

Chiefs got lucky and are the first. Hopefully they keep the trend on their side for at least the rest of the decade.
the great drafting has helped a lot
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:29 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
the great drafting has helped a lot
It's EVERYTHING.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:48 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Can you just imagine the things that were said about Antonio Brown when he had 16 catches for 167 yards his rookie year
Expectations are a tad bit different when you're a 6th round draft pick....
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:36 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Oh, so you're afraid that he's going to drop from unquestioned best TE in football to only a top 5 TE.

Jesus. What a massive weakness for our offense that will be.

*shivers*
Well I'm more afraid of not having a healthy Kelce in the post season.

Yes, he's been an iron man. But he takes a lot of abuse on the field and as he gets to the end of his career it would be nice to be able to do some load management and use him more selectively and not drive him into the ground during the regular season.

And if his regular season is a little more manageable, who knows maybe it would make him inclined to play an extra year or two.

When we had Hill and Kelce, it felt like we would be okay losing one for a few games with an injury as long as we had the other. Does it feel like KC could do okay without Kelce for an extended period?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:45 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I wish I shared your optimism.

I'm hopeful for Toney as well, but he ONLY HAD 170 yards last season!!!

I think we're all getting a bit overexcited about his potential.
I guess it depends on how you look at it. He was a high draft pick. He obviously has freak athletic talent.

You can look at a few highlight plays and easily see how in a Mahomes/AR offense he could be a top 10 WR in receiving.

On the other hand, his injury history is huge. And in addition to injury, it seems he never wanted to play for the Giants which raises at least some flags about his commitment to football. Although obviously he seems pretty excited about being in KC, so far.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:05 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

Yes, he's been an iron man. But he takes a lot of abuse on the field and as he gets to the end of his career it would be nice to be able to do some load management and use him more selectively and not drive him into the ground during the regular season.

And if his regular season is a little more manageable, who knows maybe it would make him inclined to play an extra year or two.

When we had Hill and Kelce, it felt like we would be okay losing one for a few games with an injury as long as we had the other. Does it feel like KC could do okay without Kelce for an extended period?
In June of 2023? No, of course not. Not as fans, who see a game a week for a third of the year.

The question is, do you trust Veach, Reid, and Mahomes?

I do.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:15 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

Lmmfgdao.

This isn't LeBron, champ.

Every single game matters. So no, you're not gonna see Travis Kelce flexing some massive pussy muscles and not playing in games that are in question.

If you can play, then you ****ing play. Period.

Sorry Patrick, Trav won't be playing at all in the second half. We have post season to worry about.

Sorry Chiefs fans, especially those in attendance at Arrowhead, but Trav needs some LeBitch style load management, enjoy watching the backup play instead of the best tight end in football.

**** all the way off out of here with that pussy ass mentality.

Can't play? Retire.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:25 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

Hope this bears out.

But let’s remember NYG played a pretty weak schedule last season, and more importantly, James played about 80% from the slot, so he had free releases the majority of the time. He also almost never faced the best DBs. Like maybe a handful of times.

But who knows? Maybe he really is the second coming of Steve Smith.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:34 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hope this bears out.

But let’s remember NYG played a pretty weak schedule last season, and more importantly, James played about 80% from the slot, so he had free releases the majority of the time. He also almost never faced the best DBs. Like maybe a handful of times.

They threw the whole playbook at Moore last season, rather than just one position. So while that likely slowed his usefulness early, he should be well prepared now. So if you can move those two around to get the match-up you like, we should be fine.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:37 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I wish I shared your optimism.

I'm hopeful for Toney as well, but he ONLY HAD 170 yards last season!!!

I think we're all getting a bit overexcited about his potential.
Sometimes you have to play the young guys, and when they don't have much of a track record, you have to project potential into production.

That doesn't make you a homer, it's just the way it is. We're paying Mahomes, so we have to go young at different areas. This year, it's the WR corps. That's okay. In fact, it's the best way to make sure we can keep contending every season, without having to gut the team to clear the cap anytime in the near future.

It's going to be okay, man. I promise. It's going to be a LOT of fun.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:47 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
They threw the whole playbook at Moore last season, rather than just one position. So while that likely slowed his usefulness early, he should be well prepared now. So if you can move those two around to get the match-up you like, we should be fine.

I didn’t mention Moore?

But okay.

IMO, we don’t need James to be anything more than what he was slated to be, which is a decent rotational depth player. Unless Toney goes down for more than a couple weeks.

Otoh, Skyy has to hit. We invested in him, and now we’re expecting him to become the second-best WR. Possibly become the primary WR if Toney can’t go a full season. Which has about an 80% chance of happening.

He had one decent month in 2022, November, when he caught 11 balls. The two months after that, he effectively disappeared. When he should’ve been the most comfortable in the offense.

If Skyy struggles, well then it looks like James is next man up. And then we’ll see if he’s just depth, or he’s the next Edelman, like that graphic above wants us to believe.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:16 PM 06-08-2023
I didn’t mention Moore?

But okay.

IMO, we don’t need James to be anything more than what he was slated to be, which is a decent rotational depth player. Unless Toney goes down for more than a couple weeks.

Otoh, Skyy has to hit. We invested in him, and now we’re expecting him to become the second-best WR. Possibly become the primary WR if Toney can’t go a full season. Which has about an 80% chance of happening.

He had one decent month in 2022, November, when he caught 11 balls. The two months after that, he effectively disappeared. When he should’ve been the most comfortable in the offense.

If Skyy struggles, well then it looks like James is next man up. And then we’ll see if he’s just depth, or he’s the next Edelman, like that graphic above wants us to believe.
I know you didn't mention Moore. I was referring to the fact that James played mostly in the slot in NY. Moore is mostly thought of as a slot receiver by those outside the organization, although that's not what the Chiefs say.

I agree that Moore's development is pretty important. The team seems to feel good about it, so I'm feeling good about it, too.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:24 PM 06-08-2023
Hope this bears out.

What it says to me is that we have a reliable pass catcher in James that will get you first downs. Also James is going to face the same or worse DB's than he did with the NYG because they had no WR's last year outside of him. He was the leading WR for the NYG.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up