ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>LNBS: This will end up one of our best WR groups in some time.
BossChief 11:03 PM 06-02-2023
Next to Tyreek, Toney might be the most talented WR we’ve had in a very long time. He’s up there with anyone. If he can stay healthy, he has a chance to have close to 1300 receiving yards and maybe as many as 15 touchdowns. Hopefully our training staff has been able to help with his durability.

Rice is going to end up an upgrade to Juju by game 10.

Skyy Moore flashed the ability to get open almost instantly and outside of punt returns has very dependable hands. I think he ends with 750 or so yards and 5-7 TDs.

MVS is one of the fastest players in the game and teams are going to be putting more focus on the shorter passing game to stop Kelce, Moore and Rice underneath from killing them and that’s going to open up some opportunities for big deep strikes to MVS.

Justyn Ross has been getting a lot of praise, so far. Who knows what kind of impact he could have after having a year with the playbook and his foot testing out very strong this summer. He could get opportunities to shine if one of the top guys goes out for a few games and he shows he can be exactly where they want him yo be.

Richie James is a dependable and underrated player. I actually like his playing style quite a bit and think he’s a good fit here.

Watson had a few decent impact games last year and helped us win some big games. His big play in the playoffs was a great way to start with some energy.

John Ross is very very fast, so there’s that.

This group will also be aided by teams spending resources on defense to stopping Kelce and that’s going to open up tons of single coverages for these guys. Let’s not forget who’s getting them the ball, either.

I honestly think Pat is going to have a 5k 50td season again.

If the group is/stays healthy, he might get close to breaking both records of

5477 passing yards
55 passing TDs
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:30 AM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
My only problem with MVS is that he can't catch for shit.
You need a new TV.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:34 AM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Toney has 591 yards in 3 years. Yet so many expect him to be over 1,000 this year. Baffling.

Skyy for whatever reason had very little trust not only from the coaches but from PMIII. Skyy played 16 games and had 250 yards.

Those two have almost no chance to lead this team in yards at WR.

MVS at 687 last year since no Juju would be the obvious choice. Next is Richie James who had 589 yards with a terrible QB in NY. He outperformed Toney in the Giants coaches mind.

Have to think Rice is going to have a severe learning curve before he gets entrenched in the rotation based on Reids track record with rookie WRs.

Watson is a jag.
Keep making yourself look more and more ignorant on this subject.

Toney has played only two years.

Everything in your post that is actually factual backs up my statement that if MVS is the leading WR KC is fucked.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:38 AM 06-06-2023
I wish I shared your optimism.

I'm hopeful for Toney as well, but he ONLY HAD 170 yards last season!!!

I think we're all getting a bit overexcited about his potential.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:44 AM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Keep making yourself look more and more ignorant on this subject.

Toney has played only two years.

Everything in your post that is actually factual backs up my statement that if MVS is the leading WR KC is fucked.
Sorry for my typo. Hard to believe that thinking MVS will be our leading WR by yards is ignorant and so upsetting to people but here we are. We shall see at the end of next season.

My darkhorse would be Rice but he's impossible to project until we see him play.
[Reply]
Wallymo 10:09 AM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Richie James is an experienced vet who gives them insurance for Toney and Moore and could fill Smith-Schuster's offensive role admirably if that's needed.
I very much agree. James is often incorrectly included when discussing the bottom of the WR group.

James is really good. All those worried that Toney is going to get injured or that Skyy will not adequately evolve in his second year -- Veach thought of that too.

James can be a more than adequate, high-volume second option to Kelce if the need arises. Hopefully our young and cheaply-contracted wide receivers excel and provide a solid basis for the future. But if not, we shoud be just fine this season with James.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:17 AM 06-06-2023

If you need a first down, who ya gonna call?! These guys 👇@TheNickShook's full article: https://t.co/bxrO5zz3IG pic.twitter.com/GGBjTVeg5L

— NFL GameDay (@NFLGameDay) June 5, 2023

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:40 AM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by Reroka:
Won't lie, this group scares the hell out of me. These guys will either ball out and make most of us eat crow or they will be just below avg.
The NICE thing is that the Chiefs don't need Toney AND Moore AND Rice to all break out this season to have the same level of offense as last year.

They need ONE of those guys to break out or step up. Or Richie James to do it.
[Reply]
Reroka 11:07 AM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The NICE thing is that the Chiefs don't need Toney AND Moore AND Rice to all break out this season to have the same level of offense as last year.

They need ONE of those guys to break out or step up. Or Richie James to do it.
yes, and I am hopeful one will but I am still scared. I think this is our biggest if on the team.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:31 AM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by Reroka:
yes, and I am hopeful one will but I am still scared. I think this is our biggest if on the team.
'because Chiefs' means something different in this era. It's going to be okay.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:34 AM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
No Kelce? That’s kinda surprising.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:02 PM 06-06-2023
Very interesting.

As I mentioned in another thread, last season James caught 57 balls on 70 targets from a marginal-at-best QB. The kid is a good player and will definitely help us a lot.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:47 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
My only problem with MVS is that he can't catch for shit.
And yet he made many of the toughest catches last year.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:59 PM 06-06-2023

This changes EVERYTHING. Has Verch seen this!
[Reply]
Bump 04:07 PM 06-06-2023
it makes more sense the more you think about it why the Chiefs aren't running to get high priced free agents outside of mainly offensive line (Thuney and Taylor).

Look at recent history, teams that have payed their QB a ton never won anymore championships. Gotta get the talent through the draft and develop them to field a complete good football team and your star QB will take care of everything for long-term success.

We already won Superbowls, if Mahomes hadn't gotten any rings yet then they would be rushing to get these guys probably. But the way they are doing it they want 6 more rings in the next 10 years.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:20 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
it makes more sense the more you think about it why the Chiefs aren't running to get high priced free agents outside of mainly offensive line (Thuney and Taylor).

Look at recent history, teams that have payed their QB a ton never won anymore championships. Gotta get the talent through the draft and develop them to field a complete good football team and your star QB will take care of everything for long-term success.

We already won Superbowls, if Mahomes hadn't gotten any rings yet then they would be rushing to get these guys probably. But the way they are doing it they want 6 more rings in the next 10 years.
It's not some magical feat the Chiefs did. It had to happen sooner than later as the majority of teams are going to be paying their QB insane $.

Chiefs got lucky and are the first. Hopefully they keep the trend on their side for at least the rest of the decade.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up