ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>LNBS: This will end up one of our best WR groups in some time.
BossChief 11:03 PM 06-02-2023
Next to Tyreek, Toney might be the most talented WR we’ve had in a very long time. He’s up there with anyone. If he can stay healthy, he has a chance to have close to 1300 receiving yards and maybe as many as 15 touchdowns. Hopefully our training staff has been able to help with his durability.

Rice is going to end up an upgrade to Juju by game 10.

Skyy Moore flashed the ability to get open almost instantly and outside of punt returns has very dependable hands. I think he ends with 750 or so yards and 5-7 TDs.

MVS is one of the fastest players in the game and teams are going to be putting more focus on the shorter passing game to stop Kelce, Moore and Rice underneath from killing them and that’s going to open up some opportunities for big deep strikes to MVS.

Justyn Ross has been getting a lot of praise, so far. Who knows what kind of impact he could have after having a year with the playbook and his foot testing out very strong this summer. He could get opportunities to shine if one of the top guys goes out for a few games and he shows he can be exactly where they want him yo be.

Richie James is a dependable and underrated player. I actually like his playing style quite a bit and think he’s a good fit here.

Watson had a few decent impact games last year and helped us win some big games. His big play in the playoffs was a great way to start with some energy.

John Ross is very very fast, so there’s that.

This group will also be aided by teams spending resources on defense to stopping Kelce and that’s going to open up tons of single coverages for these guys. Let’s not forget who’s getting them the ball, either.

I honestly think Pat is going to have a 5k 50td season again.

If the group is/stays healthy, he might get close to breaking both records of

5477 passing yards
55 passing TDs
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:17 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Oh wow maybe Im out of touch. I fully expect MVS to be our leading WR. Not sure how Skyy or Toney would ever lead in yards. I think Richie James has a chance but Id bet on those two.

It'll probably be problematic if our vertical stretch/50% catch rate WR, is our leading statistical receiver. Based on his career, his ceiling is about 800 yds, 4-6 TDs. Maybe.

It'll probably mean that Toney is either not very consistent/hurt too often, and/or Skyy is struggling.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:38 PM 06-04-2023
Oh wow maybe Im out of touch. I fully expect MVS to be our leading WR. Not sure how Skyy or Toney would ever lead in yards. I think Richie James has a chance but Id bet on those two.
Yes, you are, in fact, entirely out of touch.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:52 PM 06-04-2023
Depends on how exactly it plays out. If MVS has let’s say 800-900 yards, and Toney/Moore are just behind him in the 600-800 range, then you can hopefully feel somewhat good about their progression. MVS is likely gone in 2024 so it’s not ideal if we’re losing our top statistical WR 3 years in a row. If MVS puts up around 1,000 yards or more and Toney and/ or Moore are both mired in mediocrity or dealing with injuries and fail to put up more than 500 yards then something has gone wrong and you’re probably forced to keep MVS for another year.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:14 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Mahomes is going to go 10K yards and 95 TDs when you factor in Kelce, and I'm here for it!!1
Still more likely than Jackson hitting the 6000 yards he predicted. Lol.
[Reply]
oldman 07:11 AM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I agree that it's the deepest group the Chiefs have had in some time and has the most upside they've had up and down the room.

Valdes-Scantling is what he is, but that is a valuable and dangerous asset who can threaten teams deep and force them to plan for safety help.

In Toney and Moore, you have a couple of lightning quick guys who can separate quickly and significantly against man coverage and who have YAC skills. They both need to improve at bending into the right spots in the zone, but have the skills to do it with experience (and have displayed the ability at times in Toney's case).

In Rice, you have a big, physical outside guy who can threaten downfield (making it tough to play single high and rotate the safety to MVS's route), who also is a contested catch star and has displayed an ability to adjust his routes against zone. He also is an asset in scramble drill situations.

Richie James is an experienced vet who gives them insurance for Toney and Moore and could fill Smith-Schuster's offensive role admirably if that's needed.

Watson is a good backup for Valdes-Scantling. Not quite as fast, but big and fast enough to be an issue, and fairly adept against zone coverage and on the scramble drill.

And we're six deep before we get to the Rosses. Each has some skillset that could be dangerous and impactful in certain spots.
I agree. I'm of the opinion that you don't need a $20M+ WR1 when you have a group of talented receivers and PMII as the QB. So what if we don't have a 1K yard receiver. Isn't 2 with 850 yards better? Isn't the object of the game is to win, not to pad some guy's stat sheet?
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:25 AM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
Colts game last season.

:-)

KC went 4-10 scoring drives

3-10 on 3rd down

2-4 in the RZ

5.2yds/play

315 total yards

6 penalties

Scored just 2TDs

But okay, it was STs fault, lol.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:27 AM 06-05-2023
Not sure out of touch is the correct phrase.

If MVS is the leading WR then KC will lose the division to the Chargers.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:32 AM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)

KC went 4-10 scoring drives

3-10 on 3rd down

2-4 in the RZ

5.2yds/play

315 total yards

6 penalties

Scored just 2TDs

But okay, it was STs fault, lol.
The fault was whatever Jones said to Ryan.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:49 AM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
The fault was whatever Jones said to Ryan.

Lol. Would love to know what he actually said.

But the offense was terrible in that game. Rushed for a measly 58 yards on 23 carries (2.5yds/carry). Just 257 yards passing on 20-36 attempts. Turned the ball over. Et cetera. Scored just 2 TDs. Poor, sloppy effort.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:51 PM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nvm found it:

So it's top 5 WRs to breakout, not overall.
Gonna quote this one in here for relevance
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:11 PM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Gonna quote this one in here for relevance
Per Nate Taylor, having Bell and Gray handle FB snaps will likely lead to the Chiefs carrying 7 WRs or an extra OL.

I can see the former given injuries in the AFCCG and Toney’s history.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:18 PM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by Skyy God:
Per Nate Taylor, having Bell and Gray handle FB snaps will likely lead to the Chiefs carrying 7 WRs or an extra OL.

Both can likely take QB sneaks as well.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:52 PM 06-05-2023

Nate Taylor's information haas been less than reliable lately. It's probably a very good guess but it's no guarantee he has any inside information.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:57 PM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Nate Taylor's information haas been less than reliable lately. It's probably a very good guess but it's no guarantee he has any inside information.
Sure.

But one way to deal with escalating WR1 contracts is to throw numbers at the problem.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:24 PM 06-05-2023
Sure.

But one way to deal with escalating WR1 contracts is to throw numbers at the problem.
Young talent is how you remain successful in the NFL. It's why Brad Verlock values draft picks so highly.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up