ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>LNBS: This will end up one of our best WR groups in some time.
BossChief 11:03 PM 06-02-2023
Next to Tyreek, Toney might be the most talented WR we’ve had in a very long time. He’s up there with anyone. If he can stay healthy, he has a chance to have close to 1300 receiving yards and maybe as many as 15 touchdowns. Hopefully our training staff has been able to help with his durability.

Rice is going to end up an upgrade to Juju by game 10.

Skyy Moore flashed the ability to get open almost instantly and outside of punt returns has very dependable hands. I think he ends with 750 or so yards and 5-7 TDs.

MVS is one of the fastest players in the game and teams are going to be putting more focus on the shorter passing game to stop Kelce, Moore and Rice underneath from killing them and that’s going to open up some opportunities for big deep strikes to MVS.

Justyn Ross has been getting a lot of praise, so far. Who knows what kind of impact he could have after having a year with the playbook and his foot testing out very strong this summer. He could get opportunities to shine if one of the top guys goes out for a few games and he shows he can be exactly where they want him yo be.

Richie James is a dependable and underrated player. I actually like his playing style quite a bit and think he’s a good fit here.

Watson had a few decent impact games last year and helped us win some big games. His big play in the playoffs was a great way to start with some energy.

John Ross is very very fast, so there’s that.

This group will also be aided by teams spending resources on defense to stopping Kelce and that’s going to open up tons of single coverages for these guys. Let’s not forget who’s getting them the ball, either.

I honestly think Pat is going to have a 5k 50td season again.

If the group is/stays healthy, he might get close to breaking both records of

5477 passing yards
55 passing TDs
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:06 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
When Alex smith is my qb? Absolutely. Try to steal tds

When Patrick Mahomes is?

Nah
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Huh? We have kept players on our roster to just play special teams. Those are wasted spots. Special teams is dying. For every Toney punt return in the SB there are 100 returns called back due to block in the back, holding etc.

With our GOAT, we dont need to concern ourselves with starting 15-20 yards further back. Makes no difference to Mahomes.
Again, it's already been decided. Toub has stated what Andy's orders are. We're going to return kicks to try and score, same as always. Be aggressive, put pressure on the other team, the overriding principles that the Chiefs have been about since Andy became HC.

I, for one, am all for it. Attack, don't hide behind some new pussified rule change. Btw, big kick/punt returns were instrumental in KC winning two SBs. put that in your pipe and smoke it.
[Reply]
scho63 09:30 AM 06-03-2023
Rules for Success for our WR group:

1. NO DROPS, NO DROPS, NO DROPS
2. Never quit trying to get open when your QB is the GOAT
3. Make sure you become an excellent blocker.
4. Run the route correctly.
5. Hold on to the ball after catch like someone is trying to kidnap your child.
6. Last bit not least, the most obvious one - don't be a Reverse Robinson and run backwards for negative RAC yards.

Follow these simple rules and you will make yourself invaluable for Mr. Mahomes and my favorite football team, the Superbowl Champion KC Chiefs!
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:36 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:

6. Last bit not least, the most obvious one - don't be a Reverse Robinson and run backwards for negative RAC yards.

Follow these simple rules and you will make yourself invaluable for Mr. Mahomes and my favorite football team, the Superbowl Champion KC Chiefs!

Buddy, I’m sorry, but I feel l like I should warn you: our new WRs are going to have some drops. A couple of them are kind of known for it.
[Reply]
kcgreene 09:42 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
If/when Moore breaks out I'm going to be insufferable on here with the doubters.
I will gladly eat crow. I don't think he's horrendous by any means, I just honestly wasn't huge on him out of the draft, but I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

Rice on the other hand.... very high hopes over here.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:02 AM 06-03-2023
Can you just imagine the things that were said about Antonio Brown when he had 16 catches for 167 yards his rookie year
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:09 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:

plz mail these to andy rite nao so he can start coaching them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
BWillie 12:16 PM 06-03-2023
If any WR gets more than 800 yards it will be a god damn miracle.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 06-03-2023
drinking again?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:48 PM 06-03-2023
I agree that it's the deepest group the Chiefs have had in some time and has the most upside they've had up and down the room.

Valdes-Scantling is what he is, but that is a valuable and dangerous asset who can threaten teams deep and force them to plan for safety help.

In Toney and Moore, you have a couple of lightning quick guys who can separate quickly and significantly against man coverage and who have YAC skills. They both need to improve at bending into the right spots in the zone, but have the skills to do it with experience (and have displayed the ability at times in Toney's case).

In Rice, you have a big, physical outside guy who can threaten downfield (making it tough to play single high and rotate the safety to MVS's route), who also is a contested catch star and has displayed an ability to adjust his routes against zone. He also is an asset in scramble drill situations.

Richie James is an experienced vet who gives them insurance for Toney and Moore and could fill Smith-Schuster's offensive role admirably if that's needed.

Watson is a good backup for Valdes-Scantling. Not quite as fast, but big and fast enough to be an issue, and fairly adept against zone coverage and on the scramble drill.

And we're six deep before we get to the Rosses. Each has some skillset that could be dangerous and impactful in certain spots.
[Reply]
-King- 12:59 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, you guys realize that neither of those things are remotely possible, right?

I mean, Coach Toub just said a couple days ago that he’s going to return punts/kicks just as he’s always done. His exact words were “you can’t score TDs if you don’t return the ball.”

Which is exactly what we want from a SB winning coach/unit anyway.

Get ‘em, Toub. Some of us get it, even if some don’t.
We've scored plenty of TDs without returning the ball.

And yeah, we understand Toubs philosophy, but don't agree with it.

You're acting like Patrick Mahomes couldn't have led the offense to the touchdowns we had in those games if not for the big returns when we all know that the offense can start at the 1 inch line and score with ease if they really wanted to.

I know saying no punt returns is unrealistic, but preferring a sure handed player back there makes all the sense in the world when you have Patrick Mahomes coming out on the drive.
[Reply]
notorious 01:16 PM 06-03-2023
Rice can't carry Moore's jock.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:23 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think there're going to be a ton of Skyy Moore fans "materialize" fairly early in the season. Dude's going to catch everything thrown his way.
im in on his breakout next year. i think he showed enough flashes throughout to be excited about his potential when give more snaps
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:38 PM 06-03-2023
You cant list both the Ross's and then claim this will be one of the best. This doesnt even come close to 2018s group
[Reply]
Lzen 02:24 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
We've scored plenty of TDs without returning the ball.

And yeah, we understand Toubs philosophy, but don't agree with it.

You're acting like Patrick Mahomes couldn't have led the offense to the touchdowns we had in those games if not for the big returns when we all know that the offense can start at the 1 inch line and score with ease if they really wanted to.

I know saying no punt returns is unrealistic, but preferring a sure handed player back there makes all the sense in the world when you have Patrick Mahomes coming out on the drive.
What you're saying is logical but keep in mind that Andy Reid and staff had enough faith in Moore to put him back at punt returns late in the season. And he didn't have any more issues that I recall.
[Reply]
Otter 02:40 PM 06-03-2023
Bold prediction but after winning the SB last year I won't play sceptic.

Originally Posted by :
Never quit trying to get open when your QB is the GOAT
And this for the love of God. ^^
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up