ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>LNBS: This will end up one of our best WR groups in some time.
BossChief 11:03 PM 06-02-2023
Next to Tyreek, Toney might be the most talented WR we’ve had in a very long time. He’s up there with anyone. If he can stay healthy, he has a chance to have close to 1300 receiving yards and maybe as many as 15 touchdowns. Hopefully our training staff has been able to help with his durability.

Rice is going to end up an upgrade to Juju by game 10.

Skyy Moore flashed the ability to get open almost instantly and outside of punt returns has very dependable hands. I think he ends with 750 or so yards and 5-7 TDs.

MVS is one of the fastest players in the game and teams are going to be putting more focus on the shorter passing game to stop Kelce, Moore and Rice underneath from killing them and that’s going to open up some opportunities for big deep strikes to MVS.

Justyn Ross has been getting a lot of praise, so far. Who knows what kind of impact he could have after having a year with the playbook and his foot testing out very strong this summer. He could get opportunities to shine if one of the top guys goes out for a few games and he shows he can be exactly where they want him yo be.

Richie James is a dependable and underrated player. I actually like his playing style quite a bit and think he’s a good fit here.

Watson had a few decent impact games last year and helped us win some big games. His big play in the playoffs was a great way to start with some energy.

John Ross is very very fast, so there’s that.

This group will also be aided by teams spending resources on defense to stopping Kelce and that’s going to open up tons of single coverages for these guys. Let’s not forget who’s getting them the ball, either.

I honestly think Pat is going to have a 5k 50td season again.

If the group is/stays healthy, he might get close to breaking both records of

5477 passing yards
55 passing TDs
[Reply]
Coogs 06:52 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I just love Skyy's burst when making cuts or getting off the line. Some people don't understand how easily he got separation in college.

Looking at his rookie year all 22 he's still doing that but he needs to get on the same page and gain Mahomes' trust. And stop returning punts.
Why stop returning punts? Because he muffed a couple against the Colts early in his career? Maybe as a returner he is the guy who put us in position to go to the Super Bowl vs the Bengals? That guy looked pretty good.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:55 AM 06-03-2023
Mahomes 6,000 yards 65 touchdowns. Hey we got an extra game it's doable for Mahomes.
[Reply]
KCJake 07:16 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
The bar is not high
That was my first thought. I don’t remember the last time we had 2 really good wide receivers on the field at the same time. Let alone a solid #3. Which in my mind, outside of an injury riddled Toney, right now we a wide receiver room packed full of #3’s. Veach tried hard to trade for Hopkins. There’s a reason for that.
[Reply]
493rd 07:18 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
The 2021 WR Draft class will go down as one of the best

1 / 5 Jamaar Chase

1 / 6 Jaylen Waddle

1 / 10 Davanta Smith

1 / 20 Kadarius Toney
One of those is not like the other.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:27 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
I dont see how you can be so high on Skyy Moore. He looks like he's nothing special. Anyway, its year 2, and most players make a vast improvement then. So we'll see....

Skyy Moore was stuck behind several others on the depth chart as a rookie, and his impact wasn't as great as many hoped or expected. @MarkTheOverseer writes that in year No. 2, Moore has a clear path to take off and fly in a breakout sophomore season. ⬇️https://t.co/YAFMJEwh5Z

— Arrowhead Report (@ArrowheadReport) June 3, 2023

Read this and you can see why. Never forget that Skyy Moore was PFF’s highest rated rookie wide receiver in last year‘s class.

He runs excellent routes and has excellent hands. What more do you want in a slot receiver?
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:36 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
https://twitter.com/arrowheadreport/...SCCyTv5_MzlCTw

Read this and you can see why. Never forget that Skyy Moore was PFF’s highest rated rookie wide receiver in last year‘s class.

He runs excellent routes and has excellent hands. What more do you want in a slot receiver?

first downs and touchdowns that's what I want out of a slot receiver.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:40 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think there're going to be a ton of Skyy Moore fans "materialize" fairly early in the season. Dude's going to catch everything thrown his way.
He flashed in the Chargers game when Juju was out. If we get this guy we are in business

[Reply]
-King- 07:43 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Why stop returning punts? Because he muffed a couple against the Colts early in his career? Maybe as a returner he is the guy who put us in position to go to the Super Bowl vs the Bengals? That guy looked pretty good.
1 good return doesn't cancel how bad he was last year at it.

And again, we don't need a good returner. We just need sure hands back there. I don't care if a player calls for a fair catch even if they have 15 yards of open space in front of them. Just secure the catch and let the offense handle the rest.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:02 AM 06-03-2023
Moore and MVS should be good to go. Toney is a threat for sure but he plants his cuts so hard he will struggle to play every game.
[Reply]
O.city 08:13 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:

And again, we don't need a good returner. We just need sure hands back there. I don't care if a player calls for a fair catch even if they have 15 yards of open space in front of them. Just secure the catch and let the offense handle the rest.
Just put 11 guys at the line of scrimmage to make sure they punt it

Once they do just run to the sideline. Don’t risk losing the football. The other team is literally trying to give it to you
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:20 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:

Originally Posted by O.city:
Just put 11 guys at the line of scrimmage to make sure they punt it

Once they do just run to the sideline. Don’t risk losing the football. The other team is literally trying to give it to you

Lol, you guys realize that neither of those things are remotely possible, right?

I mean, Coach Toub just said a couple days ago that he’s going to return punts/kicks just as he’s always done. His exact words were “you can’t score TDs if you don’t return the ball.”

Which is exactly what we want from a SB winning coach/unit anyway.

Get ‘em, Toub. Some of us get it, even if some don’t.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:28 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Mahomes 6,000 yards 65 touchdowns. Hey we got an extra game it's doable for Mahomes.
2024/2025 goals. Once Rice/Toney/Skyy are operating at peak efficiency…but those kinds of numbers require all world performances across the board in every game and this year is too early to expect that.

I do think 5k/50 is a realistic goal with with setting a new record for yards and TDs in a season within reach if things go well in terms of health at the impact positions and Rice becoming a new wrinkle down the stretch.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:30 AM 06-03-2023
It's remarkable that we led the league in offense last year with the WRs and OTs we had. The impact on our WRs of a significant upgrade at OT is under appreciated.
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, you guys realize that neither of those things are remotely possible, right?

I mean, Coach Toub just said a couple days ago that he’s going to return punts/kicks just as he’s always done. His exact words were “you can’t score TDs if you don’t return the ball.”

Which is exactly what we want from a SB winning coach/unit anyway.

Get ‘em, Toub. Some of us get it, even if some don’t.
When Alex smith is my qb? Absolutely. Try to steal tds

When Patrick Mahomes is?

Nah
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:49 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Holladay:
I think the biggest asset is there are no prima donnas. Ego is checked by Pat.
Patrick says something in that locker room every one of those grown ass men in there pays attention.

Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Moore and MVS should be good to go. Toney is a threat for sure but he plants his cuts so hard he will struggle to play every game.
Hill had some issues with hamstrings etc his first few years. The Chiefs know which exercises worked to keep him on the field. Hopefully, he can stay on the field more this year.

Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Which is exactly what we want from a SB winning coach/unit anyway..
Huh? We have kept players on our roster to just play special teams. Those are wasted spots. Special teams is dying. For every Toney punt return in the SB there are 100 returns called back due to block in the back, holding etc.

With our GOAT, we dont need to concern ourselves with starting 15-20 yards further back. Makes no difference to Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up