ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 21
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Vikings told Dalvin Cook they are releasing him
Mecca 12:12 PM 05-18-2023
Interested?
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:36 PM 05-18-2023
Sorry dudes, but the .2 YPC more than CEH he MIGHT get (Like Pacheco) doesn't justify the signing.

If he does a vet min thing, sure, maybe.

But we can just go ahead and stop pretending dude is iron man when comparing him to CEH, cuz he's not.

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/...lvin-cook/7748
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 04:51 PM 05-18-2023
put him on a one year prove it deal at vet min.
[Reply]
Bump 04:51 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Sorry dudes, but the .2 YPC more than CEH he MIGHT get (Like Pacheco) doesn't justify the signing.

If he does a vet min thing, sure, maybe.

But we can just go ahead and stop pretending dude is iron man when comparing him to CEH, cuz he's not.

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/...lvin-cook/7748
Cook is leagues better than MEH, regardless of yards per carry

but some team will probably pay him more than the Chiefs would like so it's probably not happenin
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:55 PM 05-18-2023
All football players endure injuries during their careers. But Dalvin Cook hasn't suffered an injury that forced him to miss a game since Oct. of 2021. And that was just the one game. Basically, he's been pretty healthy and reliably available.
[Reply]
Cosmos 04:58 PM 05-18-2023
Does he want to win a WC ..?

Let’s go !
[Reply]
PHOG 05:05 PM 05-18-2023
Another team will pay him to keep him away from KC at the very least I would think.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:11 PM 05-18-2023
I have no idea which teams are probably looking for a RB1, but just looking at teams where Cook would be a significant upgrade:

BUF
MIA
CIN
DAL
TB
LAR

Don't know how many of those could feasibly make a deal for Cook, but certainly they'd all welcome him with open arms.
[Reply]
TEX 05:39 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
All football players endure injuries during their careers. But Dalvin Cook hasn't suffered an injury that forced him to miss a game since Oct. of 2021. And that was just the one game. Basically, he's been pretty healthy and reliably available.
He's been playing injured throughout his career. He's a pretty tough dude. Gets the job done regardless.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...oulder-surgery
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:52 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
He's been playing injured throughout his career. He's a pretty tough dude. Gets the job done regardless.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...oulder-surgery
Sure. Never said Cook was unbreakable. Just that he's been pretty healthy for some time now, and he's still pretty young at just 27.

And it's not like he's suffered several serious injuries that cost him multiple games in a chronic fashion over his career.

He had a hammy strain that cost him 4 games back in 2018, according to DraftSharks injury history report. But hasn't reappeared since.

He had pedal ankle a couple times, but not since Oct. 2021.

A couple shoulder injuries. Sorry, injured his shoulder several times both in college and the NFL, but hasn't missed a game for it since 2019.

And a groin injury once.

so yeah, he's not invincible, but he hasn't missed many games due to injury in awhile.

Either way, he's not a backup RB. He's like CMC; he should be starting somewhere in 2023. We have Pacheco, and i don't see demoting Pacheco to backup as reasonable, that's all.
[Reply]
wazu 05:53 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Does he want to win a WC ..?

Let’s go !
If he wants to win a WC he shouldn’t come to KC. We don’t play in the WC round.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:28 PM 05-18-2023
nothing locally here
[Reply]
Stryker 08:38 PM 05-18-2023
Are you fucking kidding me right now? THIS is a no brainer. Pacheco, McKinnon and Cook? Can you say HOMERUN? What is the issue here? What you could/might lose in the passing game you compensate in the running game. WIN, WIN :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:19 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Are you fucking kidding me right now? THIS is a no brainer. Pacheco, McKinnon and Cook? Can you say HOMERUN? What is the issue here? What you could/might lose in the passing game you compensate in the running game. WIN, WIN :-)
Yeah, it's not a question of talent/ability. Obviously it would be great to have Dalvin Cook in the backfield. That goes without saying.

I just don't see a fit (I seriously doubt he'd be a backup at this point in his career), and he'd probably be out of our price range anyway.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:21 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, it's not a question of talent/ability. Obviously it would be great to have Dalvin Cook in the backfield. That goes without saying.

I just don't see a fit (I seriously doubt he'd be a backup at this point in his career), and he'd probably be out of our price range anyway.
Ok, back to reality. Thank you
[Reply]
BossChief 01:10 AM 05-19-2023
Minnesota is going to piss off some agents if they wait till June first to cut their client when there’s a whole process designed to prevent teams from doing that. If you don’t plan to keep a player and you can’t trade him due to his contract…the June 1st designation is in place to not destroy a players free agency value. Minnesota holding his rights only to cut him after June first (after teams don’t have cap space and positional need that creates a market for a player like Cook) would be a terrible look and something agents don’t forget.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 21
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up