ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 120
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:39 PM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Shouldn't have been remotely necessary.

Jordan Walker is a god-awful outfielder.
Full time DH isn't a bad thing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:43 PM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Full time DH isn't a bad thing.
It is for a 20 year old kid with solid athletic ability.

Don't pigeon hole him. He can be an adequate OFer. He's just going to have to learn on the job.

And I just think that's gonna be an awfully tough ask for a kid that's also adjusting to big league pitching after skipping AAA outright.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:50 PM 04-01-2023
It is for a 20 year old kid with solid athletic ability.

Don't pigeon hole him. He can be an adequate OFer. He's just going to have to learn on the job.

And I just think that's gonna be an awfully tough ask for a kid that's also adjusting to big league pitching after skipping AAA outright.
Yeah, he's not Yepez.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:56 PM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Yeah, he's not Yepez.
Athletically no - he has the ability that Yepez doesn't.

But man, I think he might actually be a worse OFer than Yepez right now. He's making mental mistakes just about every time he has a chance to. Bad breaks, bad reads, awful decisions with the ball.

He's a mess defensively.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:59 PM 04-01-2023
Athletically no - he has the ability that Yepez doesn't.

But man, I think he might actually be a worse OFer than Yepez right now. He's making mental mistakes just about every time he has a chance to. Bad breaks, bad reads, awful decisions with the ball.

He's a mess defensively.
He’ll learn, and as you said, he’s only 20. He only started playing OF in August last year.

While I’d want him to be a stud defensively, if he’s able to hit, I don’t care as long as he isn’t a complete black hole on the field defensively.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:01 PM 04-01-2023
Wish I could have live bet Pallante blowing the no-no
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:04 PM 04-01-2023
He’ll learn, and as you said, he’s only 20. He only started playing OF in August last year.

While I’d want him to be a stud defensively, if he’s able to hit, I don’t care as long as he isn’t a complete black hole on the field defensively.
Agreed.

I don't need Heyward out there in RF.

But he's gotta be credible and right now he's not that.

Oh, and LIFT THE DAMN BASEBALL, JORDAN!!!

(still don't like his swing; too much natural power for a swing path that flat)
[Reply]
bdj23 02:18 PM 04-01-2023
Send hicks down
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:40 PM 04-01-2023
Pretty please learn to lift the ball, Jordan?

I mean he's hitting absolute rockets out there. I don't need a 20 degree launch angle here but man if you can just get that up to 12% instead of hitting missiles into the dirt, you're gonna be a DAMN dangerous hitter.

His hustle actually caused that error. Classic case of a guy having plenty of time to settle and throw but he saw Walker sprinting down the line and Biggio rushed the throw. That should've been a pretty routine smother/throw sort of out but Walker's hustle forced the mistake.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:42 PM 04-01-2023
In case y'all were wondering, Jack Flaherty still sucks.

He seems to suck even worse. No snap on his breakers, fastball at 88-90. Shit control.

He might be able to get his slider to work before he hits 100 pitches, but that's it. Nothing else he's throwing looks to be be major league caliber.
the team that put 10 runs on us last game was no hit by him. Yeah 9 walks was bad but he put up the zeros.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:45 PM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
the team that put 10 runs on us last game was no hit by him. Yeah 9 walks was bad but he put up the zeros.
Imma assume you didn't watch him.

He sucked. No life on anything he threw. The slider was working a bit in his last inning but prior to that the hitters were just standing there waiting for him to throw them something.

He essentially lulled them to sleep.

He was bad today, ERA be damned.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:59 PM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Having 9 walks through 5 innings while pitching like dog shit isn’t a good thing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:13 PM 04-01-2023
Having 9 walks through 5 innings while pitching like dog shit isn’t a good thing.
this is a good thing

Jordan Walker was obliterating baseballs today (Exit Velo):

105.3 mph
105.8 mph
107.0 mph

Yeah, that’s a good sign. #stlcards

— Cardinal Metrics (@CardinalMetrics) April 1, 2023

[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:14 PM 04-01-2023
Gausman was good and the Jays sort of blew that any chance at that game. Flaherty was there to be crushed and they let him off the hook repeatedly.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:17 PM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Gausman was good and the Jays sort of blew that any chance at that game. Flaherty was there to be crushed and they let him off the hook repeatedly.
Makes up for the Cardinals getting BABIP’d to death yesterday.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 120
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up