ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 120
« First < 364243444546 474849505696 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:57 PM 06-06-2023
Mo is absolutely clueless. Some answers from todays interviews about how to turn this around….

Mozeliak tells @AlexaDatt what he sees as the #STLCards*' biggest weakness: "If I had to say one thing it's the inconsistency of the club."

On the solution: "To really get back to our winning ways has to start from within. The short answer is get healthy and start winning games."

"I don't want to say it's starting pitching, it's the lineup, it's the bullpen."
Attached: IMG_7420.jpg (42.6 KB) 
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:13 PM 06-07-2023
I have some new favorite PD slop this morning...

Originally Posted by :
Look, manager Oliver Marmol has a beautiful baseball mind. Some people blame him for seemingly everything, but he is such a sharp thinker. And to his credit, he blends and balances analytics with the human element in his managing.
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...5adaec870.html

Jesus, Hochman. I mean, at least you called out everyone else employed by this organization in that article, but what in the actual fuck is THAT?!?!

'Beautiful baseball mind...'

From the guy who plays infielders in the outfield, has mind-fucked every reliever he has, is well on his way to wrecking liberatore, is HATED by every umpire in baseball and routinely blames every person in the world but himself - publicly - when the team screws up. I don't know what 'balances the human element' means, but seeing as how Nolan Arenado seems to hate playing this game and Marmol has committed every single leadership sin there is to commit, whatever 'balances the human element' means - it don't apply here.

What has he EVER done to demonstrate any sort of baseball acumen? 'Such a sharp thinker' is what I say about my idiot son when he randomly hits a thing with a hammer and I just look at him too dumbfounded to speak.

Hochman, you should have your pay docked for that dreck. Not just because it's wrong (because man is it wrong) but because I see valentines day cards that utilize less undeserved saccharine horseshit than that. Even if it were ACCURATE it would be embarrassing. I've had any number of professors that have worked on my writing over the years and every last one of them would've mercilessly abused me for that crap. And I'd have deserved every single bit of it.

That's friggen awful.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:22 PM 06-07-2023
Is he in DeWitt's payroll too?
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:46 PM 06-08-2023
I was gifted tickets for Sunday against the Reds. I'm not 100% sure it's worth the 3 hour drive.
[Reply]
Miles 08:37 PM 06-08-2023
Those would need to be decent seats
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:52 PM 06-08-2023
No way in hell I’m going to a game this year if it A) isn’t free and B) isn’t in the green seats or suites.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:31 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I was gifted tickets for Sunday against the Reds. I'm not 100% sure it's worth the 3 hour drive.
I’ve already paid for the tickets to all 3 games in St. Pete. Live 5 minutes from the stadium. Hopefully, something is worth going and seeing by then.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:55 PM 06-08-2023
How many more can we come up with?

25 reasons to fire Oliver Marmol, lol #StLCards (sorry, Oli)

1. Treatment of Tyler O’Neil
2. Blaming Willson Contreras
3. Demoting Jordan Walker
4. Not playing Luken Baker
5. Inconsistency with lineup order
6. Worst record in recent history
7. Lack of experience
8. Lack…

— Ryan Polsley (@RyanPolsley) June 8, 2023

1. Treatment of Tyler O’Neil
2. Blaming Willson Contreras
3. Demoting Jordan Walker
4. Not playing Luken Baker
5. Inconsistency with lineup order
6. Worst record in recent history
7. Lack of experience
8. Lack of humility in interviews
9. Lifeless clubhouse
10. Lack of personal accountability
11. Poor pitching changes
12. Inconsistent messaging
13. Smug/Cocky attitude
14. Not playing Gorman vs LHP
15. Playing Burleson in LF (a lot)
16. Batting Walker below Burleson
17. ‘Yes, man’ attitude for Mo
18. Lack of defensive fundamentals
19. Talented offensive often shut down
20. 2022 coaches mass exodus
21. April record of 10-19
22. June record of 1-5 (so far)
23. Players don’t laugh or celebrate
24. Everybody ‘pissed’
25. Inconsistent expectations of players
[Reply]
jd1020 12:01 AM 06-09-2023
Blaming the manager for demoting a player to the minors? Walker has a 62% GB rate on the season and 66.7% since being recalled. He has a -0.4 fWAR on the year (-0.2 before his recall, so he's doubled it in 6 games) and no position to play on the MLB roster. Dude shouldn't just be demoted, he should have never been promoted and it's not Marmol's decision to do either one.

I mentioned Walker's lack of game power last year as a concern I would have about him as a player because power is/was a major part of his status as a prospect. Same shit with Alec Bohm, though not on as high of a scale as Walker. Walker has 70/80 grade power and it plays more like a 45/50.

Fangraphs TLDR breakdown on Bohm's swing when he was promoted:

Originally Posted by :
Rather than adjust his approach to hit for more power, Bohm leaned into his natural feel for contact and graduated projected as a 3B/1B version of Michael Brantley.
Sound familiar? And look a Bohm in MLB. He's a fucking turd.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:00 AM 06-09-2023
Demoting Jordan Walker wasn't the problem - the panicked decision to bring him north to begin with was.

Now I am inclined to agree that Marmol played little part in that because frankly, Marmol doesn't play a role in any decisions this organization makes. The Cardinals are a one-man show and it's Mozeliak that dictates all these things.

But really, isn't that a problem in its own right? Because in a real organization, the field manager SHOULD have some influence. So either this organization is dysfunctional and Marmol is a puppet (in which case fire everyone) or Marmol had influence and backed a stupid play (in which case...fire everyone since Mozeliak fired a MOTY to hire this clown).

But I'm gonna put this firmly in the 'burying the lede' category either way. Take umbrage with the Walker decision if you'd like - a list that 'only' goes 20 deep should really be more than enough.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:02 AM 06-09-2023
And wouldn't ya know it - the natives are FINALLY getting restless and the STL media, only about 18 months too late, is FINALLY starting to ask the right questions....

https://fox2now.com/sports/st-louis-...als-departure/

It will forever gall me how eagerly those clowns gobbled down Mozeliak's 'organizational alignment' bullshit back when he canned Shildt. Someone needed to hold his feet to the fire for that decision and truly force him to answer some very tough questions. Nobody did and that's how you end up with an emperor instead of a competent organization.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:15 PM 06-09-2023
Lol, now this is kind of funny:

"The St. Louis Cardinals are still not having luck out on the field, languishing in the National League Central basement with a 26-37 record. Perhaps, some in-house changes off the diamond will have an effect on the atmosphere in Busch Stadium.

“The Cardinals have extended alcohol sales until the end of the 8th inning, starting today, The Athletic’s Katie Woo reported Friday. “Won’t be available through vendors, but you will be able to purchase alcohol through concession stands and bars.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...746a71e&ei=348

Guess if you can't win games, let 'em drink more.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:07 PM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And wouldn't ya know it - the natives are FINALLY getting restless and the STL media, only about 24 months too late, is FINALLY starting to ask the right questions....
FTFY

FO has deserved mega-criticism since before 2021 season with regards to not investing in pitching.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:12 PM 06-09-2023
Is Walker dropping his back half during the swing to change his launch angle?

Oh my goodness Jordan Walker destroyed this ball pic.twitter.com/yDff8SxfFr

— Talkin’ Baseball (@TalkinBaseball_) June 10, 2023

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:59 PM 06-12-2023
Helsley just hit the IL with a forearm strain, so I guess we'll see him again in 2025.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 120
« First < 364243444546 474849505696 > Last »
Up