ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 333
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Mecca 12:54 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by myselff77:
Really depends just how much Sherman believes Moore was meddling in everything. Picollo has to be on a short rope, but this upcoming draft will really be his first without interference from Dayton Moore. It will be interesting to see how the draft might differ from years past.

Other than that, it's time to trade away anything of value. in other words, free Salvy from this dumpster fire if any team offers anything worthwhile. This organization is not going to be ready to compete before he is run down. He deserves better and a chance at the playoffs...
It's just pathetic Gavin Cross so far is terrible and Asa Lacy is Kyle Zimmer part 2.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:58 PM 06-08-2023
How are some of your poor bastards watching these losers every night?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:01 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
It's like dark comedy man.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:08 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's like dark comedy man.
No, it's more like voluntarily pouring bleach in your eyes.
[Reply]
myselff77 01:17 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I've just learned to accept the Chiefs and Royals will never be good at the same time.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:26 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

Key takeaways - Chapman can veto up until June 15, so don't look for him to be dealt before then. Also the Royals are willing to package other players as well.

Sounds like they are open for business which is a good thing.
Listening to 610 Radio just now. They said that Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Kansas City Royals are trying to package a deal with Aroldis Chapman and Salvador Perez.

I would be sorry to see Perez go, but if he wants out, it would be best.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:34 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Listening to 610 Radio just now. They said that Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Kansas City Royals are trying to package a deal with Aroldis Chapman and Salvador Perez.

I would be sorry to see Perez go, but if he wants out, it would be best.
https://theathletic.com/4587934/2023...ros-guardians/

Originally Posted by :
As I wrote Tuesday in The Windup, The Athletic’s free daily newsletter, the Royals currently are giving teams interested in Aroldis Chapman two options, according to sources briefed on their discussions who were granted anonymity so they could speak candidly:

• Part with a better prospect package to gain control of Chapman for nearly four months of the regular season, rather than the two months a team would get by acquiring him at the trade Aug. 1 deadline.

• Accept Chapman as part of a package with another Royals player, enabling Kansas City to shed payroll while ensuring a better return in a trade.

One club that spoke with the Royals interpreted the team’s desire to attach Chapman to another player as an indication it wanted to move its highest-priced asset, catcher Salvador Pérez. But a more realistic package would be Chapman and fellow reliever Scott Barlow, a source said.

Chapman, 35 is earning $3.75 million this season on a one-year contract. Barlow, 30, is earning $5.3 million and comes with an additional year of control for any team that would be willing to offer him salary arbitration. A team that acquired both could instantly transform its bullpen. Chapman, a lefty, is holding opponents to a .556 OPS; Barlow, a righty, is holding them to a .613.

Trading Pérez, 33, would be trickier.

Pérez, the last remaining member of the Royals’ 2015 World Series championship team, possesses full no-trade protection as a player with 10 years of service, five consecutive with the same club. Batting .278 with 12 homers and an .816 OPS, he also is the team’s most likely All-Star and valuable to a young club. Too valuable to part with in a pure salary dump.

Interested teams, however, probably will not want to trade significant young talent for Pérez if they are taking on the remainder of his contract — the balance of his $20 million salary this season, a combined $42 million in 2024-25 and a $2 million buyout on a $13.5 million club option in 2026. Many teams also are reluctant to acquire catchers at the deadline and ask them to learn a new pitching staff in the middle of a season.

A Chapman-Barlow combination, then, almost certainly would be more feasible for the Royals to move, but with the deadline still nearly two months away, even that type of deal remains a longshot. The two relievers probably would bring a greater overall return if the Royals separated them at the deadline.

Only one thing seems certain: Chapman will be on the move. The only questions are when, and how.

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:42 PM 06-08-2023
To me, I only want Perez included in a deal if it's sweetening the pot on the return to KC in trade.

No salary dumps.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:55 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
To me, I only want Perez included in a deal if it's sweetening the pot on the return to KC in trade.

No salary dumps.
It was only speculation from the 610 people, but they thought that Salvador has asked to be traded.
[Reply]
myselff77 02:00 PM 06-08-2023

No salary dumps.
Absolutely. It is sad the organization failed the past 5 years to build around him, and it will be sad that Salvy may not have the opportunity to spend his whole career here and have a chance to rewrite much of the Royals record book. However, you need to trade him to bring much needed prospects into the organization. If that is not available, then no reason to trade him.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:08 PM 06-08-2023

No salary dumps.
If they salary dump Salvy, then Sherman can get ****ed and take this franchise out of KC.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:12 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
It was only speculation from the 610 people, but they thought that Salvador has asked to be traded.
I think the speculation is because of his status as a veteran and the rules with trading a guy like that.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:28 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
If they salary dump Salvy, then Sherman can get ****ed and take this franchise out of KC.
They're coming...Sherman is about to Oakland A's this bitch.

Oh and also...

Frank Mozzicato broke bones in his face by running into another teammates face shagging fly balls in BP...so now he's out awhile...this franchise man only this franchise.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:38 AM 06-09-2023
Also Nick Loftin had surgery on his knee so he's done till the All Star Break..this team is cursed man.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:55 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They're coming...Sherman is about to Oakland A's this bitch.

Oh and also...

Frank Mozzicato broke bones in his face by running into another teammates face shagging fly balls in BP...so now he's out awhile...this franchise man only this franchise.
I love the Royals, but if losing them somehow meant KC could attract an NBA or NHL team then I wouldn’t lose any sleep. 2014/15 was incredible, but being last in the division nearly every other year puts a damper on my excitement for the team. At least NBA/NHL have a somewhat fair chance to compete in a small market.
[Reply]
Page 154 of 333
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Up