ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 55
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2022-23 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 11:39 AM 10-11-2022
Didn't see one, so figured with the season starting tonight, we better get one going.

Anyone have any bold predictions? I think mine might be that the Wild make the Western Conference Finals.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:00 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
The ESPN article here does say 75+...video in the link if anyone wants to have a look see.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...ing-skate-face
75 stitches would be for like 30+ cm length wound , for mouth you might need inside and out maybe but it looked high on the cheek .
[Reply]
CanadianChief 08:01 AM 04-19-2023
Yeah, that one was ugly. As bad as it was, it could have been a heck of a lot worse though.
No doubt. I was having flashbacks of the Clint Malarchuk injury.
[Reply]
CanadianChief 08:03 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Monticore:
75 stitches would be for like 30+ cm length wound , for mouth you might need inside and out maybe but it looked high on the cheek .
It was across his forehead. Hard to tell exactly how high up.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:03 AM 04-19-2023
Let of it was above eye he maybe have had multiple cuts but 75 still seems high.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:12 AM 04-19-2023
The ESPN article here does say 75+...video in the link if anyone wants to have a look see.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...ing-skate-face
(insert LeBron leg cramp meme)
[Reply]
Old Dog 08:18 AM 04-19-2023
I'm not generally one for over regulation, but I don't see why kevlar neck guards and caged helmets aren't mandated.
[Reply]
Old Dog 08:25 AM 04-19-2023
Awfully general statement there. It absolutely depends on the tissue being stitched (I've done more than my fair share of "sewing" on folks) but more often than not you make them a hell of a lot smaller and closer together on facial wounds to limit scarring. Some of it (especially if much of it were up on the forehead) may have also needed to be layered.
[Reply]
Fish 08:28 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by CanadianChief:
Barron on the Jets with 75 stitches to the face to start the series after taking Brossoit's skate to the face...yikes.
And then went back on the ice and finished the game.

Hockey players are something else...
[Reply]
Monticore 08:45 AM 04-19-2023
Awfully general statement there. It absolutely depends on the tissue being stitched (I've done more than my fair share of "sewing" on folks) but more often than not you make them a hell of a lot smaller and closer together on facial wounds to limit scarring. Some of it (especially if much of it were up on the forehead) may have also needed to be layered.
It must have been multiple cuts , not a lot of skin on the forehead to have multiple layers , normally it’s what 2/3 stitches per cm let’s say you go to five that’s still a lot of area .
[Reply]
Old Dog 09:01 AM 04-19-2023
It must have been multiple cuts , not a lot of skin on the forehead to have multiple layers , normally it’s what 2/3 stitches per cm let’s say you go to five that’s still a lot of area .
Yes, it'd be a pretty good sized area. 5 1/2 per cm (or roughly one every 1/16") is what I'd suspect to see on a facial wound (or even closer). With that you'd be looking at roughly 4" (or just over 10cm) if you're only doing one layer.

I do agree with your thought that 75 seems like a fairly high number, but I guess in reality, we didn't get a great look at it. I'll add that until you're sewing, you don't really know the edges and such that might take "another one here or there".
[Reply]
Monticore 09:09 AM 04-19-2023
Yes, it'd be a pretty good sized area. 5 1/2 per cm (or roughly one every 1/16") is what I'd suspect to see on a facial wound (or even closer). With that you'd be looking at roughly 4" (or just over 10cm) if you're only doing one layer.

I do agree with your thought that 75 seems like a fairly high number, but I guess in reality, we didn't get a great look at it. I'll add that until you're sewing, you don't really know the edges and such that might take "another one here or there".
My wife who has done her air share of surgical stitches , she was planing on going into surgery before doing family medicine and still does plenty of lump and bumps clinics seems to think75 seems high as well but it still would be pretty scary thing to go through even if 0 stitches ,after taking a few sticks and skates to the face /half shield I went back to a full cage just wasn’t worth it.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:12 AM 04-19-2023
My friend playing oldtimers who is 60 still doesn’t wear a cage and took a puck to the eye few weeks ago unless you are getting paid millions it isn’t worth it .
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:30 PM 04-20-2023
Ready to go for game 2.

[Reply]
Megatron96 05:02 PM 04-20-2023
Welp, guess I'll root for Toronto this time. come on, O'Reilly, make some noise!!!
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:47 PM 04-20-2023
Hell yeah
[Reply]
Page 9 of 55
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up