ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 55
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2022-23 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 11:39 AM 10-11-2022
Didn't see one, so figured with the season starting tonight, we better get one going.

Anyone have any bold predictions? I think mine might be that the Wild make the Western Conference Finals.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:37 PM 04-11-2023
BIG game tonight boys.

Any word on Makar's status for the playoffs? Just when we were starting to get guys back, too. Freaking injuries have been crazy this year, can't believe they're on top of the Central with seemingly half the lineup out all season.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:54 AM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
BIG game tonight boys.

Any word on Makar's status for the playoffs? Just when we were starting to get guys back, too. Freaking injuries have been crazy this year, can't believe they're on top of the Central with seemingly half the lineup out all season.
Bednar said he expects both Makar and Manson back for the playoffs. The issue from my perspective is just that we've been consistently banged up all year, so I'm fairly certain the hockey gods won't change their minds once the playoffs roll around.

I'm hoping for the best this year, but I'm OK with whatever happens. It's hard to ask for much more than both the Chiefs and Avs winning their respective championships in one year.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:02 AM 04-12-2023
Good to get a point and they have the tiebreaker over the Stars.

Also wouldn't mind seeing the Oilers snag the Pacific from the Knights at the last second, so hopefully those 2 points end up help with pushing them over the top.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:21 AM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

Also wouldn't mind seeing the Oilers snag the Pacific from the Knights at the last second, so hopefully those 2 points end up help with pushing them over the top.
We lose the tiebreaker to the Stars right (regulation wins)? To me, that's why the point was critical - keeps us in the drivers' seat since a tie would go to Dallas.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:31 AM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
We lose the tiebreaker to the Stars right (regulation wins)? To me, that's why the point was critical - keeps us in the drivers' seat since a tie would go to Dallas.
Yep, must have looked at the wrong column.

And maybe the Blues can help out a bit, too. After the Cup last season and all the injuries this year, like you said it's just gravy.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:40 AM 04-12-2023
Yep, must have looked at the wrong column.

And maybe the Blues can help out a bit, too. After the Cup last season and all the injuries this year, like you said it's just gravy.
Yeah, and I'm with you on the Oilers - hopefully they can at least keep the Knights out of it. It wouldn't hurt my feelings too much to see McDavid get to the finals.

Sure seems like Boston is a juggernaut regardless. Of course, history has not been kind to President's Trophy winners, but they're so far out in front it seems like they're a good bet to buck the trend.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:03 AM 04-12-2023
Yeah, and I'm with you on the Oilers - hopefully they can at least keep the Knights out of it. It wouldn't hurt my feelings too much to see McDavid get to the finals.

Sure seems like Boston is a juggernaut regardless. Of course, history has not been kind to President's Trophy winners, but they're so far out in front it seems like they're a good bet to buck the trend.
Yeah, the Bruins are nuts... they were picked as a wild card by most and to run away with the Atlantic of all divisions is even crazier. And if it was seeded 1-8, they could have played TB and Toronto, but will only play one of them now (not that the Metro is a slouch).
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:13 AM 04-12-2023
A fully healthy Avs team vs Boston in the finals would be so sick.

But at this point it's hard to envision the Avs ever getting fully healthy this season.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:29 AM 04-12-2023
Yeah, the Bruins are nuts... they were picked as a wild card by most and to run away with the Atlantic of all divisions is even crazier. And if it was seeded 1-8, they could have played TB and Toronto, but will only play one of them now (not that the Metro is a slouch).
I wonder how them not winning the Stanley Cup would be viewed in light of what they were predicted to do vs them setting a points record. If they were expected to be this good then I could see it as one of the biggest disappointments of all time.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:31 PM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
A fully healthy Avs team vs Boston in the finals would be so sick.

But at this point it's hard to envision the Avs ever getting fully healthy this season.
Yeah, in a perfect world, Landeskog and others would have come back with a couple weeks left in the regular season and we'd have a relatively fresh squad if everyone was at 100%... but who knows if he'll be available at all during the playoffs, and of course not banking on the injury bug suddenly disappearing.

Originally Posted by tredadda:
I wonder how them not winning the Stanley Cup would be viewed in light of what they were predicted to do vs them setting a points record. If they were expected to be this good then I could see it as one of the biggest disappointments of all time.
I've seen mixed opinions on reddit from Bruins fans... people saying it's been a helluva season and (at least at this moment) saying it doesn't matter if they win the Cup, while others thinking it's only about the Cup.

If I was a Bruins fan, I'd probably be a bit disappointed if they didn't make it to the ECF and at least beat a WC team and the Leafs or Lightning... but that area's had like 20 championships in the past couple decades, so they'll cope, heh.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:16 PM 04-12-2023
Nhl National Hockey League Stickerfrom Nhl Stickers

[Reply]
DaFace 06:51 PM 04-12-2023
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:01 PM 04-12-2023

via GIPHY

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:34 PM 04-13-2023
Shit. Brutal news for the Avs

Colorado Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog will not play in the 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs due to a knee injury, the organization announced this afternoon. The 30-year-old forward has missed the entire 2022-23 regular season. pic.twitter.com/TpUtjRKEQs

— x - Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) April 13, 2023

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:44 PM 04-13-2023

Smh the hate is still strong I see :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 55
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up