ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 112
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:18 PM 05-02-2022

The Kansas City Chiefs are signing former star Clemson WR Justyn Ross as an UDFA�� pic.twitter.com/jhj6hUWEHh

— All College Football (@allcfb_) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
rtmike 01:20 PM 05-02-2022
Mahomes affect...lol.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:28 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Oof, bold. But if you're right, save this post and savour the victory lap.
After Moore, Hardman, JuJu, and MVS, it’s wide open. Has a lot to do with the competition.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:37 PM 05-02-2022
Chiefs camp and preseason should be very interesting.

Lots of good stories with the WR group.

Wide receivers (6) - Mecole Hardman, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, JuJu Smith-Schuster, and Skyy Moore with 4 of the positions.

Justyn Ross, Daurice Fountain, Corey Coleman, Josh Gordon, Gehrig Dieter, Cornell Powell, Chris Finke, Justin Watson, Omar Bayless, Mathew Sexton, and Gary Jennings all chasing their dream to be playing in the NFL.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:38 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
After Moore, Hardman, JuJu, and MVS, it’s wide open. Has a lot to do with the competition.
Fountain sticks because he's the new Kemp.
[Reply]
O.city 01:39 PM 05-02-2022
Generally your last 2 WR's are gonna play quite a bit of special teams as well.

I'd rather have CB's safeties do that though.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:04 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
No risk, all upside.
I wouldn't say no risk from having neck surgery however if he is cleared by doctors by all means give the kid a shot. I love competition even if they upset the player i like I'm ok with that because that means he is a better player.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:27 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Random question, but if a UDFA just completely balls out, are they eligible for a fresh, brand-new full contract?

If so, they could make so much fucking money in their career. They'd get to skip the entire rookie contract years.

That said, with a guy like this, if he were to ball out, I'd structure his deal almost entirely on incentives based on playing time.
Yes and no.

Typically they end up signing a 2 year deal. And when that deal expires you're a free agent. But the kind of free agent depends on your service time.

At 2 years, you're an exclusive rights free agent. Which means the team can sign you to a new deal for technically whatever they want. And they COULD give you some insane long-term deal if they wanted to. Maybe it would even be smart to leverage your ERFA season into a cheap contract.

But very few teams do that. They sign the guy for at/near the league minimum for a season and then when that expires you're a regular RFA and you'd probably get something like a 2nd or 3rd round tender.

You have to have 4 years of NFL service time to be eligible for unrestricted free agency. That's why those hold-out threats in the first 4 years are rarely taken seriously. The last thing these guys want to do is end up as RFAs after they've played 3+ years and their rookie deal has expired. It just pushes their payday back a season.

But folks - this guy may not even make it TO camp. Let's tap the brakes. There's a very clear reason why the kid went undrafted.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:42 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But folks - this guy may not even make it TO camp. Let's tap the brakes. There's a very clear reason why the kid went undrafted.
Completely agree.

A lot of things stacked against Justyn Ross making it in the NFL.

BUT -

Chiefs have him now and we shall see what he can do.

I hope he can at least make it onto Chiefs Practice Squad and then we see what he can grow into when healthy.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:42 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
Highly doubt he makes the 53. Mecole, Moore, Juju, MVS, Powell lock up 5 spots, final spot I think very likely goes to Gordon.
They should have trade mecole for a pick .
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:47 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Completely agree.

A lot of things stacked against Justyn Ross making it in the NFL.

BUT -

Chiefs have him now and we shall see what he can do.

I hope he can at least make it onto Chiefs Practice Squad and then we see what he can grow into when healthy.
I kinda feel like he'll either make the 53 or he won't make it to camp.

The rookie camp should tell the coaching staff most of what they need to know. If he's back to what he showed as a Freshman, he'll make the team (again, WR5 and 6 SUUUUUUCKS).

But if he's not, you won't need to see much to know it. Simply running drills will show you as much as you need to see. And then I think you could PUP list him. Don't you lose PUP eligibility if you participate in camp?

At that point maybe they keep him stashed for awhile and see if anything else comes back into form.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:55 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I kinda feel like he'll either make the 53 or he won't make it to camp.

The rookie camp should tell the coaching staff most of what they need to know. If he's back to what he showed as a Freshman, he'll make the team (again, WR5 and 6 SUUUUUUCKS).

But if he's not, you won't need to see much to know it. Simply running drills will show you as much as you need to see. And then I think you could PUP list him. Don't you lose PUP eligibility if you participate in camp?

At that point maybe they keep him stashed for awhile and see if anything else comes back into form.
I think it’s if they attend training camp. I’m not sure a rookie mini camp has any bearing on the PUP list.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:58 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think it’s if they attend training camp. I’m not sure a rookie mini camp has any bearing on the PUP list.
Right. If I didn't say that, I meant to.

Rookie camp is fine - TC is not. So like I said, I think they'll learn what they need to learn in rookie camp. If he's sound and effective, I think he can actually make the team. If he's sound and ineffective, I don't think they bother to even bring him to St. Joe. And if he's not sound, they put him on the PUP.

And if they're not sure if he's washed or still rehabbing, I still think they put him on the PUP.

But weirdly, I think 'camp cut' may be the LEAST likely option.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:16 PM 05-02-2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:20 PM 05-02-2022
Yeesh. I'm a little scared for the kid.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 112
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up