ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 112
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:33 AM 05-02-2022
Wow this is great, dude was a first rounder two years ago
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:33 AM 05-02-2022
Not expecting much, but this is worth a shot.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:34 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Reroka:
This is the Wide out that had a issue with his spine right?
Yeah. Dude really shouldn't be playing football. But might as well be us that benefits if he can actually reach his potential.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:34 AM 05-02-2022
WOW.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:34 AM 05-02-2022
Live reaction shot from Ross:

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:35 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
What's the maximum length of a deal that UDFAs like this sign?
He'd be an RFA regardless through 3 years, provided we didn't cut him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:36 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Not expecting much, but this is worth a shot.
Like I said in the Chenal thread. We presently have Fountain and Gordon at WR 5/6. That's pretty damn hideous.

Might as well give this kid a shot. It's not like Powell's going to amount to shit so I don't see anyone who has a BETTER chance of someday making a difference at this level.

He just doesn't appear to have the athleticism he once did. The possibility of recurrence doesn't bother me any (we have little/nothing invested in him). What does is the fact that he's probably just washed. The injuries have taken away his baseline ability so he's probably not an NFL caliber athlete even when 'healthy' at this point.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:36 AM 05-02-2022

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:39 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Live reaction shot from Ross:

We found our Sammy replacement.
[Reply]
thegame214 10:40 AM 05-02-2022
He destroyed Alabama.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:40 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Like I said in the Chenal thread. We presently have Fountain and Gordon at WR 5/6. That's pretty damn hideous.

Might as well give this kid a shot. It's not like Powell's going to amount to shit so I don't see anyone who has a BETTER chance of someday making a difference at this level.

He just doesn't appear to have the athleticism he once did. The possibility of recurrence doesn't bother me any (we have little/nothing invested in him). What does is the fact that he's probably just washed. The injuries have taken away his baseline ability so he's probably not an NFL caliber athlete even when 'healthy' at this point.
He's probably on par with Gordon right at this very moment.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:41 AM 05-02-2022
This is another Brett Veach Wayward Boy. Let's see if anything comes of it.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:43 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

The spine thing wasn't even an injury, he was born with it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He's probably on par with Gordon right at this very moment.
A 4.64 forty (Pro day, no less) and a ghastly 31.5 vertical with a 9.8 broad jump.

I mean I hope for his sake that he's still injured. Because that's awful. He sure looked done.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:47 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The spine thing wasn't even an injury, he was born with it.
Sure, but after the stinger they had to do surgery on his spine to reduce pressure, etc... IIRC.

The underlying issue wasn't an injury but my memory was that an injury exacerbated it and required surgical intervention. And hell, even if you get rid of that, a Jones injury/surgery is a real problem on its own. How many WRs have we seen simply not get the athleticism back after a Jones fracture?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him cut after rookie camp before we even get to St. Joe. But hey - like I said, no risk at all.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 112
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up