ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 61
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- How do you feel about Hardees?
Simply Red 11:42 AM 06-28-2016
How do you feel about Hardees?

Hot Ham and Cheese?

Breakfast?!

coupon here
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:31 PM 06-28-2016
Winstead's is good - but Foo Foo - lots of odd ball side-items, like cottage cheese and cups of fruits and stuff - it's definitely after some sort of diner type avenue, they (Winstead's) quite honestly never filled me up and they over use that tough lettuce.
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:32 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
The Frisco Thickburger.
would you plow that one w/ the hot-dog/burger patty and kettle potato chips?!?!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:35 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'd agree Winstead's is a nicer, more expensive, Steak'n'Shake.

SnS has upped their shake game, but I still think Winstead's has the edge quality-wise.

Both have old-fashioned cooked to order burgers.

Disagree on fries. Can't say I hate SnS fries necessarily. But they're shoestring cut, which makes them my least favorite of the national chains. So tough to corral, so thin they get cold quicker, also so thin they often come off like chips instead of fries. But their honey mustard is on point.

But their fries get so crispy!
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:38 PM 06-28-2016
I WILL say that Winstead's is not scared to use the raw white onion. Which I'm a fan of.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 05:39 PM 06-28-2016
Back when the Hardee's in our area briefly served fried chicken, I was one of the few I knew who liked it.

As for their burgers-very good but hideously overpriced.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:40 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
But their fries get so crispy!
Eat a bag of chips. :-)

Seriously though, the gold standard for fries for me are those monster steak fries at Red Robin. Hot, stay hot, crispy on the outside, and like little pillows of potato puff inside.

[Reply]
Simply Red 05:41 PM 06-28-2016
I like a perfect chemistry of condiments - too much of one thing can destroy the whole experience - yes this includes too much tomato.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:41 PM 06-28-2016
Best fast food place for breakfast. Everything else is terrible. I miss the Big Roast Beef.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:42 PM 06-28-2016
Eat a bag of chips. :-)

Seriously though, the gold standard for fries for me are those monster steak fries at Red Robin. Hot, stay hot, crispy on the outside, and like little pillows of potato puff inside.

Those are good, too. The real winner in that pic is the ciabatta bun, though.
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:42 PM 06-28-2016
I will go to my coffin tell you guys - Houston's Cheddar burger is a hell of a ride.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:43 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I will go to my coffin tell you guys - Houston's Cheddar burger is a hell of a ride.

Why would you go to Houston's and have a burger?
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:44 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Best fast food place for breakfast. Everything else is terrible. I miss the Big Roast Beef.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:45 PM 06-28-2016
Those are good, too. The real winner in that pic is the ciabatta bun, though.
You replied before I got a different pic.

The real winner of this one is the Campfire sauce. Campfire sauce folks, ask for it every time at Red Robin if you get fries [usually comes with onion rings]

[Reply]
Simply Red 05:46 PM 06-28-2016
Why would you go to Houston's and have a burger?
well - I'd say - historically - I went there often enough to 'mix it up' - getting tired of the Hawaiian ribeye - or the Pork. Other times - especially during the day - at lunchtime - I'd get that french-dip or burger. Also it's really tasty and has a nice hint of hickory.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:46 PM 06-28-2016
I'd agree Winstead's is a nicer, more expensive, Steak'n'Shake.

SnS has upped their shake game, but I still think Winstead's has the edge quality-wise.

Both have old-fashioned cooked to order burgers.

Disagree on fries. Can't say I hate SnS fries necessarily. But they're shoestring cut, which makes them my least favorite of the national chains. So tough to corral, so thin they get cold quicker, also so thin they often come off like chips instead of fries. But their honey mustard is on point.
What do you think of Freddy's?

I prefer them to Steak n' Shake. I think they season their beef with Lawry's, which I really like, and the fry sauce is good. Same style of patty and fries.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 61
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up