ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 51
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Chief TE Travis Kelce
TribalElder 06:43 PM 04-26-2013
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...lce?id=2540258

OVERVIEW
In high school, Kelce was a three sport star, but his best sport was always football. He was a three-year letter winner at quarterback, and earned All-Lake Erie League honors after totaling 2,539 yards of total offense and 31 total touchdowns as a senior. Kelce’s uncle Don Blalock played football at Purdue and grandfather Don Blalock played football at Ohio. Travis is the younger brother of former Cincinnati Bearcats and current Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce.

In his first year on campus, Travis redshirted. In his redshirt freshman year, Kelce participated in 11 games as the tight end. He caught one pass for three yards. Kelce also played some quarterback, strictly in a Wildcat role. He logged eight carries for 47 yards and two touchdowns. Kelce did not play in 2010, as he was suspended for a violation of team rules. Upon his return in 2011, Kelce caught 13 passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns. In his senior season, Kelce put himself on the NFL prospect map, as he caught 45 passes for 722 yards and eight touchdowns. He was selected to the All-Big East first team for his play.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Kelce has an ideal tight end frame. Athletic for his size, with great strength, and the ability to stretch the field vertically. Very physical run blocker, generates power from the lower half, and will move defenders off the ball. Plays with leverage. Wide catching radius, can adjust and make the difficult catch. Tough to bring down after the catch. Light feet, and has lined up in numerous different positions.
WEAKNESSES Suspended for an entire season for violating team rules. Only one season of production. Doesn't have blazing speed. Not a tremendously explosive athlete. Doesn't come out of his breaks all that well.
NFL COMPARISON Rob Gronkowski
BOTTOM LINE Kelce has been a tremendous run blocker throughout his career for the Bearcats, but really elevated his game as a receiver in his senior season. He isn't a tremendous athlete, but he does a lot of things very well. It's a deep tight end class, but Kelce's play suggests that he should be highly sought after.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:10 PM 04-26-2013
If people really thought Kelce was Gronkowski he would have been a top 8 pick.
[Reply]
beer bacon 07:10 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Brock:
KC always ends up hating the qb.
Probably because they always suck shit.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:10 PM 04-26-2013

[Reply]
Brock 07:10 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Yep
[Reply]
jspchief 07:10 PM 04-26-2013
This guy compares to Gronkowski like Stanzi compares to Brady.

Please stop with this shit. If he actually compared to Gronk he wouldn't have been the 4th TE taken.
[Reply]
beer bacon 07:11 PM 04-26-2013
Kelce is the xtreme version of Gronk. Gronk got loaded and broke his arm. Kelce got blackout drunk, broke both his arms, and shattered his femur.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:12 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by -King-:
Since we're going off comparisons, we should have drafted Damotre Moore. He was compared to Cameron Wake.

Would you rather have Cameron Wake or Gronkowski?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-pro-co...pro-comparison
Eh, it wasn't a pick I'd have wanted them to make, but it's not like he's a shit player.

I said earlier Moore would be a nice get. I'm just saying people should quit acting like the guy they took is a turd.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:12 PM 04-26-2013
Looks like a balla!
[Reply]
Sully 07:13 PM 04-26-2013
Assistant Right Tackle.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:13 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by SNR:
You seem upset.
What can I say - my bubble has been burst. I joined this place 8 years ago because everyone here seemed to have a lot of insightful stuff to say. Now, the absolutely dominating opinion here over the past four months was that we should draft a QB that not a single GM in the NFL thought was worth it. How can I ever trust you guys again? :-)
[Reply]
beer bacon 07:14 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Sully:
Assistant Right Tackle.
Assistant to the Right Tackle.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:14 PM 04-26-2013
Gronk was a top 8 pick?
[Reply]
New World Order 07:14 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
You realize people who are not on board with Alex are in a small minority, right?

Not on CP and I am in that group. We will go absolutely nowhere with Alex Smith.
[Reply]
CrazyPhuD 07:15 PM 04-26-2013
Great....we've been Kelce'd
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:15 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Gronk was a top 8 pick?
:-)

If they redrafted that year he absolutely would be.

If a QBs comp was Joe Montana this year would he go mid-third or first overall?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 51
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up