ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 51
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Chief TE Travis Kelce
TribalElder 06:43 PM 04-26-2013
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...lce?id=2540258

OVERVIEW
In high school, Kelce was a three sport star, but his best sport was always football. He was a three-year letter winner at quarterback, and earned All-Lake Erie League honors after totaling 2,539 yards of total offense and 31 total touchdowns as a senior. Kelce’s uncle Don Blalock played football at Purdue and grandfather Don Blalock played football at Ohio. Travis is the younger brother of former Cincinnati Bearcats and current Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce.

In his first year on campus, Travis redshirted. In his redshirt freshman year, Kelce participated in 11 games as the tight end. He caught one pass for three yards. Kelce also played some quarterback, strictly in a Wildcat role. He logged eight carries for 47 yards and two touchdowns. Kelce did not play in 2010, as he was suspended for a violation of team rules. Upon his return in 2011, Kelce caught 13 passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns. In his senior season, Kelce put himself on the NFL prospect map, as he caught 45 passes for 722 yards and eight touchdowns. He was selected to the All-Big East first team for his play.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Kelce has an ideal tight end frame. Athletic for his size, with great strength, and the ability to stretch the field vertically. Very physical run blocker, generates power from the lower half, and will move defenders off the ball. Plays with leverage. Wide catching radius, can adjust and make the difficult catch. Tough to bring down after the catch. Light feet, and has lined up in numerous different positions.
WEAKNESSES Suspended for an entire season for violating team rules. Only one season of production. Doesn't have blazing speed. Not a tremendously explosive athlete. Doesn't come out of his breaks all that well.
NFL COMPARISON Rob Gronkowski
BOTTOM LINE Kelce has been a tremendous run blocker throughout his career for the Bearcats, but really elevated his game as a receiver in his senior season. He isn't a tremendous athlete, but he does a lot of things very well. It's a deep tight end class, but Kelce's play suggests that he should be highly sought after.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:03 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
You've obviously got your mind made up and are going to bitch regardless so go right ahead.

I suggest opening your eyes and not crying out your ass.
You think I'm unhappy with the fact they didn't take a QB. No.

The Chiefs have Moeaki and Fasano. Why take a 3rd TE when there are glaring issues at other positions of need?
[Reply]
beer bacon 07:03 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by -King-:
Since we're going off comparisons, we should have drafted Damotre Moore. He was compared to Cameron Wake.

Would you rather have Cameron Wake or Gronkowski?
That depends, did Cameron Wake get suspended for an entire year for being a stupid drunk?
[Reply]
petegz28 07:03 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
You think I'm unhappy with the fact they didn't take a QB. No.

The Chiefs have Moeaki and Fasano. Why take a 3rd TE when there are glaring issues at other positions of need?
Moeaki? The guy who is already fucking hurt?
[Reply]
-King- 07:04 PM 04-26-2013
NO ONE on this forum had TE as a position of need. Yet now that we've spend our 2nd highest pick on one, people are now rationalizing it like we needed one. :-)
[Reply]
-King- 07:04 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Moeaki? The guy who is already fucking hurt?
He isn't hurt. He had his knee cleaned out like hundreds of other players do in the off season.
[Reply]
buddha 07:04 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by jspchief:
Yeah, I dunno. How many people were thinking this team was in need of a TE? Limited number of early picks. Ugh. Not a fan.
And yet we were. Moeaki is always hurt, and Fasano scares nobody.
[Reply]
ChiefMojo 07:04 PM 04-26-2013
Because we can't trust Moeaki to stay healthy! Heck he hasn't even participated in the OTA's yet because he is what? HURT!!!
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:04 PM 04-26-2013
Ok,the experts are compare this guy to Gronkowski, and he may very well be that good. However, KC has the best TE in the history of the NFL for the majority of his career. And KC still lost every playoff game with said TE. Not only that, it took the best TE in the history of the NFL his entire career to even win a playoff game.

Toss into this that KC signed a stop gap solution at TE.

So, please tell me why this is such a great move with holes at DL, ILB, S, and still a smoking crater at QB?

Anyone??
[Reply]
RUSH 07:05 PM 04-26-2013
Kelce is a damn good player. I guess they don't like or trust Moeaki.

So I guess I'm good with it. ILB and WR is pretty deep so hopefully they get a two in the 3rd and 4th.

Because QB is not happening.
[Reply]
-King- 07:05 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by buddha:
Moeaki was hurt once in his career. Other than that one injury which happened to Charles and Berry as well, he's played in 15 games each of his other 2 seasons.
[Reply]
ChiefMojo 07:06 PM 04-26-2013
Are we out of draft picks? I thought we had more left? :-)
[Reply]
Brock 07:06 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by buddha:
I'll bet teams are terrified now.
[Reply]
buddha 07:06 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by -King-:
He isn't hurt. He had his knee cleaned out like hundreds of other players do in the off season.
Bullshit he is never available when it matters. Tony is worthless.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:06 PM 04-26-2013
Lot of guys the Chiefs could have taken that weren't Barkley.

Keenan Allen, Damontre Moore, Bacarri Rambo, Terrence Williams, Barret Jones, Quinton Patton, and many, many others.

Kelce was somewhere between the 4th-8th TE in the class. Just don't see the upside relative to the investment, especially given KC's holes.
[Reply]
-King- 07:07 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by beer bacon:
That depends, did Cameron Wake get suspended for an entire year for being a stupid drunk?
:-) I didn't even know Kelce did that. That makes this pick even worse.

But hey... that gives him a mean streak according to people here...
[Reply]
Page 7 of 51
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up