ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 51
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Chief TE Travis Kelce
TribalElder 06:43 PM 04-26-2013
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...lce?id=2540258

OVERVIEW
In high school, Kelce was a three sport star, but his best sport was always football. He was a three-year letter winner at quarterback, and earned All-Lake Erie League honors after totaling 2,539 yards of total offense and 31 total touchdowns as a senior. Kelce’s uncle Don Blalock played football at Purdue and grandfather Don Blalock played football at Ohio. Travis is the younger brother of former Cincinnati Bearcats and current Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce.

In his first year on campus, Travis redshirted. In his redshirt freshman year, Kelce participated in 11 games as the tight end. He caught one pass for three yards. Kelce also played some quarterback, strictly in a Wildcat role. He logged eight carries for 47 yards and two touchdowns. Kelce did not play in 2010, as he was suspended for a violation of team rules. Upon his return in 2011, Kelce caught 13 passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns. In his senior season, Kelce put himself on the NFL prospect map, as he caught 45 passes for 722 yards and eight touchdowns. He was selected to the All-Big East first team for his play.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Kelce has an ideal tight end frame. Athletic for his size, with great strength, and the ability to stretch the field vertically. Very physical run blocker, generates power from the lower half, and will move defenders off the ball. Plays with leverage. Wide catching radius, can adjust and make the difficult catch. Tough to bring down after the catch. Light feet, and has lined up in numerous different positions.
WEAKNESSES Suspended for an entire season for violating team rules. Only one season of production. Doesn't have blazing speed. Not a tremendously explosive athlete. Doesn't come out of his breaks all that well.
NFL COMPARISON Rob Gronkowski
BOTTOM LINE Kelce has been a tremendous run blocker throughout his career for the Bearcats, but really elevated his game as a receiver in his senior season. He isn't a tremendous athlete, but he does a lot of things very well. It's a deep tight end class, but Kelce's play suggests that he should be highly sought after.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:15 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If people really thought Kelce was Gronkowski he would have been a top 8 pick.
Personal problems often hurt draft stock badly. Justin Houston was a prime example. Reid probably knows the kid a little personally due to the family connection. If personal problems are the only problem, I'm cool with this guy.
[Reply]
beer bacon 07:15 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Gronk was a top 8 pick?
Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round. Therefore, if a GM thought a QB was the next Tom Brady, he'd wait until the 6th round to draft him.
[Reply]
AntiPioli 07:15 PM 04-26-2013
Chiefs selected Cincinnati TE Travis Kelce with the No. 63 overall pick.Tony Moeaki may want to start packing his bags. Kelce (6-foot-4 7/8, 255) is a sure-handed receiver and flashed dominant in-line blocking ability for the Bearcats, reminiscent of Heath Miller. He lasted this long due to character concerns; Kelce was suspended for the entire 2010 season for reasons thought to be drug-related. Kelce caught 45 balls for 722 yards (16.0 YPR) and eight touchdowns as a senior. At his April 4 Pro Day, Kelce ran 4.62 with a 37-inch vertical and 10-foot-4 broad jump -- better numbers than both Tyler Eifert and Zach Ertz. A pro-ready blocker, the athletic measurables suggest Kelce could become an elite all-around tight end if his head is on straight. He has an awful lot of long-term fantasy potential.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:15 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by DaFace:
What can I say - my bubble has been burst. I joined this place 8 years ago because everyone here seemed to have a lot of insightful stuff to say. Now, the absolutely dominating opinion here over the past four months was that we should draft a QB that not a single GM in the NFL thought was worth it. How can I ever trust you guys again? :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:16 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Not on CP and I am in that group. We will go absolutely nowhere with Alex Smith.
Find four Chiefs fans on the street (good luck) and three of them will consider Alex the best thing since Joe Montana.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:16 PM 04-26-2013
The funniest part is I bet 99 percent of this board hasn't even seen him play a snap outside of the vid posted in this thread, heh.
[Reply]
mcaj22 07:16 PM 04-26-2013
traded up for Tony Moeaki over Jimmy Graham and Aaron Hernandez.

three years later hes now being pushed out by a new regimes two TE acquisitions

bang up job Scooter. A rebuild of a rebuild.
[Reply]
-King- 07:17 PM 04-26-2013
What can I say - my bubble has been burst. I joined this place 8 years ago because everyone here seemed to have a lot of insightful stuff to say. Now, the absolutely dominating opinion here over the past four months was that we should draft a QB that not a single GM in the NFL thought was worth it. How can I ever trust you guys again? :-)
That hasn't been said in this thread at all.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:17 PM 04-26-2013
Pack your bags broke dick Moeaki.

Can't help the club from the tub!
[Reply]
Cannibal 07:17 PM 04-26-2013
Does this place have a reaction to anything the Chiefs do anymore other than "OMG WHY ARE THEY THE STUPIDEST FRANCHISE EVAR??///1/1????"
This
[Reply]
-King- 07:17 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by PGM:
The funniest part is I bet 99 percent of this board hasn't even seen him play a snap outside of the vid posted in this thread, heh.
But he's exactly what we needed!!!!!
[Reply]
beer bacon 07:17 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
traded up for Tony Moeaki over Jimmy Graham and Aaron Hernandez.

three years later hes no being pushed out by a new regimes two TE acquisitions

bang up job Scooter. A rebuild of a rebuild.
***** must have done something right or Dorsey wouldn't have copied his first off season blueprint.
[Reply]
-King- 07:18 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Pack your bags broke dick Moeaki.

Can't help the club from the tub!
Moeaki will have more receiving yards than him.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:18 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by beer bacon:
We're taking a fullback with a serious cocaine addiction with our other third rounder.
:-)
[Reply]
mcaj22 07:19 PM 04-26-2013
where are all you Tony Moeaki ballwashers of the last three years that were complete homers for him and gave him a free pass every year and called him the next Tony Gonzalez

Travis Kelce is bringing you a plate of crow to eat as he takes your precious Moeaki's roster spot.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 51
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up