ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 307 of 341
« First < 207257297303304305306307 308309310311317 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:31 PM 02-23-2022
If you're good at taking things apart and putting them back together?
Go buy a cheap Harbor Freight dremel , few polishing wheels , tube of Flitz lapping compound and a tube of polishing compound.
Take the trigger group apart and buff out all machine marks and then polish to a mirror finish, add a drop of sewing machine oil

You'll be happy with the trigger.

This works great on feed ramps also
[Reply]
srvy 09:48 PM 02-23-2022
Those Rem model 7s are nice lightweight rifles but at 19 can she comfortably tuck into it? If so I's get the trigger worked on to smooth it out a bit. The youth model is an 18 1/2 barrel I believe so 200 yards may be pushing it if she isn't in a rock-solid rest with steady nerves. Id rather as was mentioned have a smooth squeeze over hair trigger which to me lends to pulling instead of squeezing off the round.

Ruger predater is a nice bolt action and Savage has always been solid. Really depends on the what kinda area you are hunting in in timber or timber overlooking an opening. Open mountain range etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:03 AM 02-24-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
My shotgun is a Remington Versa Max. Felt recoil is little more than an AR. It's amazing. You can shoot it all day and feel no soreness the next day.
I only have 1 shotgun now - my grand dad's Remington Model 870.
[Reply]
Fish 12:17 AM 03-04-2022
Any AR15 pistol owners?

Just won a bid off Gunbrokers for a really good deal on an AR "pistol" with a 10.5" barrel. I've shot a friend's AR15 with a 7.5" barrel and reflex scope plenty of times, and it was surprisingly accurate and lots of fun to shoot. I don't think they'll actually manage to pass any laws against the AR pistol braces, but wanted to get one just in case, because it's so fun. Got a red dot on order for it.
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:32 AM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Any AR15 pistol owners?

Just won a bid off Gunbrokers for a really good deal on an AR "pistol" with a 10.5" barrel. I've shot a friend's AR15 with a 7.5" barrel and reflex scope plenty of times, and it was surprisingly accurate and lots of fun to shoot. I don't think they'll actually manage to pass any laws against the AR pistol braces, but wanted to get one just in case, because it's so fun. Got a red dot on order for it.
I’ve built them. Just got my suppressor. Waited for a year for it but haven’t fired it yeT. i think you’ll be fine. If not, file a form 4 and declare it an SBR.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:35 AM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Any AR15 pistol owners?

I want to. But I’m afraid of the brace thing. They’ve made real efforts to make that thing go away. Which is a fucking joke. But they’re doing it. For reasons.

I have a little 8” AR 9 that takes Glock mags. I love shooting it.

But yeah I want a 10.5 AR15 fits in the tractors and sprayers better.
[Reply]
Fish 12:52 AM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I want to. But I’m afraid of the brace thing. They’ve made real efforts to make that thing go away. Which is a fucking joke. But they’re doing it. For reasons.

I have a little 8” AR 9 that takes Glock mags. I love shooting it.

But yeah I want a 10.5 AR15 fits in the tractors and sprayers better.
From everything I've read, If you own it before they potentially do anything to change the laws you are basically OK, like a grandfather system. But that's not really clear and there's a lot of mixed info. Fortunately, I currently live in Missouri which is basically the most gun-liberal state in the nation, and the prices(taxes) are stupid cheap.

Unfortunately, my new gun has already been lost in a fire and is incapable of registration....
[Reply]
Bwana 07:58 AM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Buy guns and more guns, these bastards are gonna make another run on us, stockpile ammo too

Yeah a lot of the ammo has dried up again, or if you can find it, it's all the money. I bought three boxes of .500 S&W ammo and three boxes of 10mm ammo on-line yesterday. There is none of either in town and there was none in Casper, WY when I was passing through there earlier in the week.

Last year I could get 20 rounds of the .500 ammo for $26.99 a box and yesterday I to hunt all over online just to find any and paid $52.00 a box plus shipping. I still had several boxes on hand, but I wanted to beef up the inventory. The same story with 10mm. Thankfully, I stocked up on everything else a few years ago when it was still reasonable.
[Reply]
frozenchief 10:20 PM 03-06-2022
Got my suppressor and put it on my AR pistol so I’m on to my next project.

My next project is a bolt-action, long-distance rifle. I’m thinking either .300 Win Mag or .338 Win mag. I don’t really need a .338 Win Mag for bears because I have a good bear gun. I’m looking at going elk hunting in the next few years but I’d also like to do an antelope hunt and maybe an African plains game down the road a few years.

I’ve been looking at different rifles but I am leaning to a custom build. I built my AR so i can build this. Most of the actions that I see are based on Remington 700. I would prefer if possible a Sako-based action but I’m not seeing those. Every Google search goes back to pre-built Sako rifles, but I’d like to build from the ground up with a cryo refrigerated barrel that’s been single cut instead of button cut. Make it threaded for a good suppressor. Get a good trigger and custom stock.

Does anybody know where I could get a Sako-based action that could serve as the basis for a custom-based rifle? Defiance actions are extremely well reviewed but they are Remington 700 based. Remington actions are far more customizable but Sako is better.

Having said that, this does remind me of the AR/FAL arguments of about 15 years ago. By all measures, the FAL was a better rifle than the AR - caliber, piston, reliability. But the AR had a ton of customization options that the FAL did/does not have. So the AR became the modern sporting rifle of choice. With that in mind, maybe I should just recognize where the market is going and get a Remington-based action.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:14 AM 03-07-2022
I'd start here. Maybe join the group to ask questions.
Or scroll to the bottom and call Finland.
Good luck.
https://www.sako.fi/rifles/sako-85
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:19 AM 03-07-2022
One more closer to home.
https://www.customshopinc.com/produc...461-l579-l61r/
[Reply]
Bwana 07:13 AM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
One more closer to home.
https://www.customshopinc.com/produc...461-l579-l61r/

This place has a firearms section as well. Also good for a lot of other information.

https://www.survivalistboards.com/forums/
[Reply]
Fish 10:21 PM 03-10-2022
"Pistol"

Edited for 2023:

[Reply]
Fish 11:54 PM 03-10-2022
Distance plinking... 4.5-14 X 43 Burris Fullfield, Magpul MLOK bipod.

[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:11 AM 03-11-2022
ATF has refused throughout this litigation to seek Chevron deference, likely because ATF insists that its rule is an interpretive rule only, and Chevron deference never applies to interpretive rules.Aug 2021

The ATF gets to interpret rules and law.
What it interpreted last week ,may not be how it interprets a subject or law this week.
It's a shell game.

Bidens DOJ & the ATF under them.
Don't fuck with them right now!!

You have a
Auto key card
Rare Breed triggers
Bump stock
Pistol brace
Or anything else gun related, you think could get you in trouble?
Get rid of it!!!
If you had it shipped to your home. Or used a card to pay for it.
Feds have that info now.
They've been knocking on doors for several months now.

Nice weapon Fish
[Reply]
Page 307 of 341
« First < 207257297303304305306307 308309310311317 > Last »
Up