ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 305 of 341
« First < 205255295301302303304305 306307308309315 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Munson 05:29 PM 12-21-2021

[Reply]
srvy 05:45 PM 12-21-2021
Those Canik are pretty sweet. Lots of pipers getting them as it's the wild west at per diem saving flea bags motels. The traveling worker is a well-armed militia anymore it's that damn crazy out there.
[Reply]
Fish 07:30 PM 12-21-2021
Anybody else have a G-sight or similar laser training setup? Recently got one, and I can't believe how fun it is. Really useful for trigger control practice, without wasting ammo. Impressively accurate. It's been good practice.

https://g-sight.com/collections/all-products

There are a bunch of other cheaper ones too, that are half that price or more and work with the same app. But most of them had pretty shady reviews...
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:19 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
So, I've seen a few people mention Canik here in the past, but I knew nothing about them and didn't give it much thought. Last weekend, I went shooting with a buddy, and he'd bought a new Canik TP9SFx. Told me I should try it and check out the trigger.

From the first few pulls of the trigger, I was crazy impressed. Nice smooth buildup, and a very crisp release. Super short reset. Stock out of the box trigger is advertised at 3.5-4 lb pull. Felt on the lower end of that. It was crazy accurate, for never shooting that pistol before. My buddy also had a favorite Sig long barrel pistol with an expensive Volquartsen trigger, and the stock TP9SFx was still a better trigger. Comes with two 20+1 mags. Optional mag extender. And replacement screws, tools, brush, fiber optic replacements, etc in a nice box. Options for any optic you'd ever want to install, and comes with 4 different mounting plates. Rail for a light if you want. Well balanced. Nice long 5.2" barrel, which is very forgiving with recoil. It's a big gun. Not something you'd carry. But it's the perfect funtime plinker. Could definitely serve as home defense in a pinch.

First time shooting it, at ~40ft, it was crazy easy shooting. I shot it better than my own Walther that I brought, and am very familiar with. So much fun I ended up putting about 200 rounds through it. It blew me away so much, I ordered one for myself today, along with a decent red dot to put on it.

For the price, this pistol is insanely impressive. I've shot some of the best, and this pistol is a serious overachiever. Check out some videos.
The Canik is a very fine pistol, especially for the money. (Pronounced “janeek,”. The “J” I is soft like Jacques Cousteau).

Had one for a minute, paid $299 at the time. If I were still in the plastic gun market I’d probably up another.
[Reply]
srvy 08:26 PM 12-21-2021
Anybody else have a G-sight or similar laser training setup? Recently got one, and I can't believe how fun it is. Really useful for trigger control practice, without wasting ammo. Impressively accurate. It's been good practice.

https://g-sight.com/collections/all-products

There are a bunch of other cheaper ones too, that are half that price or more and work with the same app. But most of them had pretty shady reviews...
Looks fun I ordered 9 mm from amazon. Didn't see the need for the tripod I can jury rig the phone onto a surveyor tripod.
[Reply]
Fish 08:27 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Looks fun I ordered 9 mm from amazon. Didn't see the need for the tripod I can jury rig the phone onto a surveyor tripod.
I got this $10 holder that mounts really easily. It works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RM159YF/
[Reply]
srvy 09:22 PM 12-21-2021
I got this $10 holder that mounts really easily. It works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RM159YF/
This is perfect for out-of-town practice when nothing to do in a motel room.
[Reply]
Fish 11:54 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
This is perfect for out-of-town practice when nothing to do in a motel room.
Honestly, despite how cool the app is in recording your patterns, I use it quite a bit without setting up the camera at all. Either just set up a target and watch the actual laser hits on the target, or I'll pick out a random target across the room. Like a spot on a picture, or the clock face, or whatever. Still great for practice. If you pull your wrist or jerk the trigger, you can see the laser jerk. So, it's great for learning to keep a perfectly still grip and clean trigger pull. You'll definitely notice it if you don't.

Note that you can use different software apps with the laser. The G-sight app is very simple. Almost too simple. I actually prefer using an app called Mantis Laser Academy. It has lots more modes, including 2 person modes. You can hang two targets side by side, and have 2 shooters, and it will record hits from both targets and compare scores. Including a 5/10 shot timer. So it will rate each group for accuracy and timing. Really fun. Many of the better modes are an in-app purchase though. $5 per. Or you can spend $50 for all modes. I bought 2 of the addition modes, and that's been perfect for me. When you think about the money you save vs. buying real bullets, it's justifiable. It's definitely helped my grip and trigger consistency. There's also other apps like LaserHit, Strikeman, etc. Laser Academy has been the best for me.

If you really want to go all in, Mantis makes a unit that fixes to the front rail of your pistol like a light. It can record lots of extra stuff like accelerometer data during drawing your pistol from the holster, recoil, and how much your wrist is moving during pulling the trigger. Because it's on the rail, you can use it while shooting live ammo, and get all kinds of data about how you're shooting.

Mantis-X: https://mantisx.com/collections/x-systems
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:12 PM 12-22-2021
If you wanna see the inner workings of a ???
as it is cycling rounds. This vid is excellent.
You can study the action in motion.

https://youtube.com/shorts/7VfBMahGC7s?feature=share
[Reply]
Fish 10:28 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The Canik is a very fine pistol, especially for the money. (Pronounced “janeek,”. The “J” I is soft like Jacques Cousteau).

Had one for a minute, paid $299 at the time. If I were still in the plastic gun market I’d probably up another.
Yeah, the name pronunciation seems to be a weird disagreement for some.

Personally, I like the lighter plastic frame. You can still put a weighted grip and heavier guide rod and/or rail light if you really want to add some weight to the front, which some people do.

I'm just blown away with the stock trigger on this Canik TP9SFx. A friend has a really nice Shadow 2, and I really like this gun as a half price comparison to that. Just received my Burris red dot to put on it. Can't wait.
[Reply]
Fish 03:56 AM 12-24-2021
Mantis Laser Academy app. This is a screenshot from my phone. Target is down the hallway ~12yd, and the image is cast to my TV. Works with any target laser. The green lines track how the barrel moves during the shot, so you can track your precise trigger pull during your shots. You can tell I'd had a few beers at this point..

Incredibly helpful. There's a bunch of different modes. Free app, with some modes only available for $5 purchase, which I've got a couple of. Worth it. Including a 2 person/2 target mode that compares accuracy. Basically 2 targets hanging on the wall side by side. 2 people shooting their own target, countdown timer mode where you both draw and shoot, and it calculates your accuracy and timing and declares a winner. Lots of other modes. Been really fun for me this time of year...
[Reply]
srvy 04:58 PM 12-26-2021
Hickock found something under the tree.

[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:09 PM 12-26-2021
I found a Franklin Arsenal case prep center..
in my stocking. It's not a M-60, but I was shocked none the less
https://www.scheels.com/p/frankford-...saAo7_EALw_wcB
[Reply]
Bwana 04:36 PM 01-17-2022
If you need some extra AR mags, this is a hell of a deal.

https://globalordnance.com/shk-30rd-...0850003223070/
[Reply]
Fish 02:44 AM 01-22-2022
Canik fans.. there's a new Canik version out within the last few days. The Canik TP9SFx Rival. This gun looks to be the perfection of Canik's highlights.
Allows for front and rear rail sites plus optic co-witness. Very affordable price, supposed to be around upper $600s. Best Canik trigger ever. If you're familiar with their existing triggers, this is reportedly even better. Included magwell, along with the vast Canik default case offerings. Hitting shelves within a few days.

[Reply]
Page 305 of 341
« First < 205255295301302303304305 306307308309315 > Last »
Up