ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 123 of 172
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
stevieray 09:33 PM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
New Project.
1971 Honda CL 350 Scrambler with 6500 miles. Been sitting since 81.
Everything is complete.
Compression good, mufflers in decent shape. I picked it up for under 600.
At first I was going to do paint, because it is so faded on one side, but after some thought I am going to leave the patina. One side of the gas tank had a good knee dent, which I got out with a simple dent remover kit. Tank was full of rust, but a little soap and vinegar, good as new
As it sits right now waiting on Carb Parts, new points, new air cleaners.
I plan on addressing the Cam Tensioner as well.
I always wanted a Scram
Nice! The Scramblers pop up every once in a while. Fun bike.

I'm eyeing a '76 Gold Wing. First two years are pretty quick.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:38 PM 02-24-2016
Ive got a cool early 80s Harley at the shop, I'll try to remember to get a pic tomorrow.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:40 PM 02-24-2016
Dayze is selling his bike! Free handjob to anyone who buys it (courtesy of GoChiefs).

haven't listed it anywhere yet, but know it's going up for sale. Time to get something the wife and I can ride. LOVE the sporty. Just no bueno on two up riding. Bike is perfect for what it is. BUt my riding habbits have changed a bit (though, I've still ridden that sporty like a raped ape with zero problems leaning it into curves- as evident by some small grinding on the exhaust).

LOVE that bike. but time to get something for two. I hate the term 'upgrade', because I've had ZERO complaints about that bike. I'll probably fucking cry when it's sold. lol. no shit.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:48 PM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Dayze is selling his bike! Free handjob to anyone who buys it (courtesy of GoChiefs).

haven't listed it anywhere yet, but know it's going up for sale. Time to get something the wife and I can ride. LOVE the sporty. Just no bueno on two up riding. Bike is perfect for what it is. BUt my riding habbits have changed a bit (though, I've still ridden that sporty like a raped ape with zero problems leaning it into curves- as evident by some small grinding on the exhaust).

LOVE that bike. but time to get something for two. I hate the term 'upgrade', because I've had ZERO complaints about that bike. I'll probably ****ing cry when it's sold. lol. no shit.
I get that! That's why I'm thinking an old school 'Wing instead of another 750F.

Your bike is sweet..somebody is gonna be happy.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:50 PM 02-24-2016
Any of you gentleman heard of Monarch motorcycles before
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:51 PM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by Dayze:

LOVE that bike. but time to get something for two. I hate the term 'upgrade', because I've had ZERO complaints about that bike. I'll probably fucking cry when it's sold. lol. no shit.
I can cut you a sweet deal on a 2001 Road King Classic
[Reply]
Dayze 09:51 PM 02-24-2016
lol

Most everyone I've talked to has said something to the effect of "Don't do it. don't sell that sporty"! in the cadence of a warning. Meaning, I'll regret it. My biggest fear is I will.

but, like my brother said.... down the road if you're still looking for a bar hopper, you can find a killer sporty for dirt cheap. and he's right.

/sad face.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:52 PM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by mac459:
Any of you gentleman heard of Monarch motorcycles before
No, any pics?

Have you seen the new Victory Octane?
[Reply]
Dayze 09:53 PM 02-24-2016
I can cut you a sweet deal on a 2001 Road King Classic
:-)
I'm always listening. I'm looking mostly at SGs, but RK's are on my radar too.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 09:59 PM 02-24-2016
July a trip to Yellowstone then on out to Oregon
You must...I repeat...you must take the Red Lodge to Cooke City route to Yellowstone. Don't let anyone tell you any different. The Beartooth Pass is amazing and I ride it a couple times a year.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...y-Montana.html

Google it. It's rated as one of the best drives in the US and it's even better on a bike. Plan on making a few stops on the 60 mile ride.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:06 PM 02-24-2016
here's my green bike; candied flaked for anyone uninitiated.

we rode from KC to Fayettteville AR, 2 years in a row (gonna be 3 this Sept if it doesn't sell lol).

Not sure what the Mod restrictions are on selling shit here, so if any mod sees this, just delete it and chalk it up to "My Bad" from Dayze.

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:06 PM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by stevieray:
No, any pics?

Have you seen the new Victory Octane?
I didn't get to take any of the one my uncle has but he is talking about rebuilding it but it looks like this only not as new or shiny

I had never heard of them till this weekend and my dad and uncle told me about them and how they used to race them all over the farm back in the early 70s

I have seen the Octane..that is a sweet looking bike..would love to have it as a second bike
[Reply]
stevieray 10:09 PM 02-24-2016
I didn't get to take any of the one my uncle has but he is talking about rebuilding it but it looks like this only not as new or shiny

I had never heard of them till this weekend and my dad and uncle told me about them and how they used to race them all over the farm back in the early 70s

I have seen the Octane..that is a sweet looking bike..would love to have it as a second bike
Reminds me of the old Penton-Sachs and Cz's..

400's...
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 10:11 PM 02-24-2016
the Original Hooligan type bike. lol
[Reply]
Dayze 10:11 PM 02-24-2016
Most of my stories from my teenage years were like:

[Reply]
Page 123 of 172
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133 > Last »
Up