ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 56
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:53 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
This place talking shit on guys leaving is pathetic. The dude tried to get paid and that's within his right. He made the wrong choice, but it doesn't make him an ass hole or anything like that.
It makes him the guy that was so busy impersonating a ****ing fence post, he couldn't be bothered to stop Arden Key from damn near breaking Patrick's ankle.

He put the whole run in jeopardy because he ****ing sucks against anyone with any kind of speed.

Brown thinks he's Trent Williams. He's not. He's 320 pounds of chewed ****ing bubblegum suited to run block at right tackle, not pass protect for the face of the NFL at LT.

**** outta here.

Go get yourself one of his stupid ****ing 0 sacks shirts and use it as your new jizz rag fapping to highlights of Brown getting his ****ing doors blown off.

Good riddance. Joe Burrow is gonna miss some games to injury because of this mother ****er right here.

He did us a massive solid going to the Bungles
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:56 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
It makes him the guy that was so busy impersonating a ****ing fence post, he couldn't be bothered to stop Arden Key from damn near breaking Patrick's ankle.

He put the whole run in jeopardy because he ****ing sucks against anyone with any kind of speed.

Brown thinks he's Trent Williams. He's not. He's 320 pounds of chewed ****ing bubblegum suited to run block at right tackle, not pass protect for the face of the NFL at LT.

**** outta here.

Go get yourself one of his stupid ****ing 0 sacks shirts and use it as your new jizz rag fapping to highlights of Brown getting his ****ing doors blown off.

Good riddance. Joe Burrow is gonna miss some games to injury because of this mother ****er right here.

He did us a massive solid going to the Bungles
How many games will it take for CP idiots to suggest Taylor should be cut/benched DURING A GAME?
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 11:04 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think it's as simple as the Chiefs made Brown an offer and he thought he could get more (or at least wait them out). The Chiefs made their offer to Taylor and signed him leaving no room for Brown. He had to move on and took the Gals' offer.

No clue why Chief Fan wants to shit on a guy that gave the Chiefs so much, but they've done that since he got here.
I think it's more that fans are salty he took less money to go to an inferior situation. He could have had longevity with KC at the position he wanted earning good money while Thuney, Mahomes and Reid mask his weaknesses. It's a reality that he didn't really live up to expectations. It's a great deal for the Bengals and it would have been for us to, but he cost himself money and the Chiefs a known entity at LT they they can win with. We can appreciate that he contributed to our recent success, but It makes total sense to me why people would be salty.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:06 PM 03-15-2023
How many games will it take for CP idiots to suggest Taylor should be cut/benched DURING A GAME?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:09 PM 03-15-2023
0. It will happen when he has a bad rep at training camp and the footage leaks.

He’ll get bullrushed by Jones in that 1-on-1 drill or something. And we’ll react as though he should stonewall the best DT in the world in a drill that’s just for working on technique.
[Reply]
Pants 11:09 PM 03-15-2023
Would you have preferred the Chiefs caving to OBJr and giving him $25 million per year?

What's your actual stance on OBJr? "He's not as bad as some CP posters make him out to be?" Wow, incredible take.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:11 PM 03-15-2023
Burrow gets his
Attached: 901F5A04-8E42-4583-8EA2-E48672731C47.jpg (63.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:15 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Pants:
Would you have preferred the Chiefs caving to OBJr and giving him $25 million per year?

What's your actual stance on OBJr? "He's not as bad as some CP posters make him out to be?" Wow, incredible take.
1) No

2) I'm glad we have Taylor.
I wish he hadn't signed with the Gals.
I wish he hadn't cost them so little.
Chief Fans are stupid.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:22 PM 03-15-2023
I think it's as simple as the Chiefs made Brown an offer and he thought he could get more (or at least wait them out). The Chiefs made their offer to Taylor and signed him leaving no room for Brown. He had to move on and took the Gals' offer.

No clue why Chief Fan wants to shit on a guy that gave the Chiefs so much, but they've done that since he got here.
After his first year here he made some stupid comment about what would happen if he wasn't there to protect Mahomes blind side and it seemed clear, at least to me, he thought he could hold KC hostage for more than he was worth.

So then it does add a little extra salt in the wound to see a key rival get a pretty decent deal.

But as others have said, whatever.

I'm hopeful it will turn out we signed the better pass blocker even if he's not the better overall tackle.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:27 PM 03-15-2023
Dumbfuck agent cost him 15 million with his awful advice. Could've signed what was effectively a 5/95 last year with us but instead played on the tag for 16 million then signed a 4 year 64 million. 80 million over the same 5 year span. Just abhorrent. And for all that crying about the guarantees not being enough he STILL signs a deal that the Bengals easily escape after just 2 seasons.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:29 PM 03-15-2023
Brown's record against KC is 1-3. No need to worry about him. He helped us win a ring and that's all that matters. The Bengals have lost several key players and haven't even paid Burrow, Higgins or Chase yet whilst Mixon could be cut shortly. So no need to panic fgs :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:30 PM 03-15-2023
remember when the chiefs got desperate to replace roaf and signed this turd?

[Reply]
RealSNR 11:38 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Anarumo is going to interrogate tf out of Brown if he hasn't started already. Not that it will make a difference but he will definitely pick Brown's brain.
Pick his brain about what? Everything he knows about the guys on that OL has already been scouted to death. The only thing Brown would be able to give him info on is the playbook, and that shit changes each year.

What important info is he going to discover out of Brown? Patrick Mahomes loves throwing TDs?
[Reply]
Pants 11:38 PM 03-15-2023
1) No

2) I'm glad we have Taylor.
I wish he hadn't signed with the Gals.
I wish he hadn't cost them so little.
Chief Fans are stupid.
He didn't cost them "so little." He cost them close to his actual value.

He's an improvement over what the Bengals had but he's also a poison pill on that line.

The only thing that's making this entire situation not quite perfect is that we probably overpaid for Taylor a little.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:40 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Seth Keysor already charted Taylor against the top pass rushers he faced last season and compared it to a similar sample from OBJ.

Apparently, Taylor pretty much never lost reps in pass protection. Keysor was raving about how stark the difference was. He wins with his feet and athleticism, which is just the beginning for his potential as his technique improves.

He said too that Taylor’s only real struggle was rushers who could translate speed to power (which is somewhat rare), and even then his losses weren’t THAT bad.

He also can really use his athleticism to get to the second level and pull in the run game, even though he isn’t a road grader.

TL;DR: Taylor is the prototypical Andy Reid OT.
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Dumb**** agent cost him 15 million with his awful advice. Could've signed what was effectively a 5/95 last year with us but instead played on the tag for 16 million then signed a 4 year 64 million. 80 million over the same 5 year span. Just abhorrent. And for all that crying about the guarantees not being enough he STILL signs a deal that the Bengals easily escape after just 2 seasons.

I think we all can smile to ourselves just a little bit, knowing that fake ass agent got less money in commission for being dumb
[Reply]
Page 14 of 56
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up