5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:42 PM 06-11-2021
Re: Rocker's stock, sometimes guys get too "seen" in scouting circles and start to get knocked for silly things.

His velo was down a little for a month or so, and he hasn't been as crazily dominant as he was a freshman. People think he's maxed out physically.

I'll take him and laugh all the way to the playoffs on his back and legs if he falls to #7. I actually see some similarities to Max Scherzer as a college. He's got a dynamite FB-SL combo and just physically dominates guys. Entered his junior year with a potential 1st overall tag, and slipped a little for silly reasons.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:45 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Or preventing it all together by bunting when he was looking a bit shaky.
I’ll always wonder what would have happened if Alcides swung away. MadBum even admitted that he was rattled coming out the mound to all of the boos and it wasn’t until the bunt out that he felt himself settle in.

The other what if for me (outside of the obvious one to send Gordo) is if Ned subbed Nori (0-17 lifetime against MadBum) in either of his AB’s for Josh Willingham. Ah well.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:53 PM 06-11-2021
If Rocker were to fall to us, then I'd literally cum on this board.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 04:23 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Yes, I forgot about Bumgartner... unreal what he did. Selective memory perhaps. Possibly a memory block.
this guy didnt forget!

via GIPHY

[Reply]
BWillie 04:50 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
If Rocker were to fall to us, then I'd literally cum on this board.
The only reason you know who Rocker is is because he was an early leader in the clubhouse as the #1 pick. I don't know why anyone is so enamored over him than anyone else unless you are some college baseball junkie - which 99% of us have little to no fucking idea
[Reply]
srvy 05:55 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't think you are very old PB - but for those of us under 40 the Chiefs have had waaaaaaaay more success than the Royals. The Royals alienated the fans of this city for decades. Nobody ever gave two shits about the Royals prior to 2014. No casual fans even knew the players. Complete apathy. Thank god for the World Series runs to revive interest in baseball in this town. Things looked bleak for a while. I didn't remember ONE, not even ONE successful season for the Royals prior to the 2014 playoff run yet I still followed them through high school, college etc. My family would mock me because I knew things about the players - things any fan should know - and now those same family members are fans once again.
I don't know your age and don't care but this post is ridiculous. So 80 and 85 didn't matter? The years chasing the powerhouse Yankees in the 70s and 80s. Noone even knew their names but the stadium drew well.

Even in a losing season baseball is a fun experience in person. but you have made clear your heat intolerant. Try to remember your experience has nothing to do with others.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:21 PM 06-11-2021
The only reason you know who Rocker is is because he was an early leader in the clubhouse as the #1 pick. I don't know why anyone is so enamored over him than anyone else unless you are some college baseball junkie - which 99% of us have little to no fucking idea

Dude, a lot of these guys have known about Kumar Rocker since he was a high school player and a potential first round pick for the Royals in the 18 draft. Because I’ve been talking about him since then.

People are enamored of him because he’s a 6-5 freak who can run his fastballs into the high 90s, has a wipeout slider, and has absolutely dominated the highest level of college baseball.

He’s the type of guy who shouldn’t make it out of the top 3 picks, and a bunch of teams seem to be about to convince themselves to chase a higher variance commodity (HS bats) instead of him.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06-11-2021, 07:28 PM
This message has been deleted by Chiefspants.
BWillie 07:48 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
I don't know your age and don't care but this post is ridiculous. So 80 and 85 didn't matter? The years chasing the powerhouse Yankees in the 70s and 80s. Noone even knew their names but the stadium drew well.

Even in a losing season baseball is a fun experience in person. but you have made clear your heat intolerant. Try to remember your experience has nothing to do with others.
No not for people under 40. I never witnessed any of that shit. My entire life up until 2014 the Royals were the laughingstock of the league year after year after year.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:03 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Dude, a lot of these guys have known about Kumar Rocker since he was a high school player and a potential first round pick for the Royals in the 18 draft. Because I’ve been talking about him since then.

People are enamored of him because he’s a 6-5 freak who can run his fastballs into the high 90s, has a wipeout slider, and has absolutely dominated the highest level of college baseball.

He’s the type of guy who shouldn’t make it out of the top 3 picks, and a bunch of teams seem to be about to convince themselves to chase a higher variance commodity (HS bats) instead of him.
I bet 2 ppl on this board could pick him out of a lineup. I bet 4 have ever seen him pitch let alone know anything about the other prospects ranked ahead of him. If anything Id be careful to crown prospects to early or they end up like Perry Ellis or JaRon Riush.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:07 PM 06-11-2021
I bet 2 ppl on this board could pick him out of a lineup. I bet 4 have ever seen him pitch let alone know anything about the other prospects ranked ahead of him. If anything Id be careful to crown prospects to early or they end up like Perry Ellis or JaRon Riush.
Perry Ellis was the definition of "high floor, low ceiling" with "decent" measurables and athleticism from the start.

That is not at all what you're dealing with concerning Rocker.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:22 PM 06-11-2021
Old friend alert:

Eric Hosmer is in one of his patented god awful weeks long slumps. Getting outbid was likely the best thing that could have happened for GMDM.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:27 PM 06-11-2021
Rocker struck out 11 tonight.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:08 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Rocker struck out 11 tonight.
Who is this ‘Rocker’ you speak of . . . . . . . ?

(kidding, of course)
[Reply]
BWillie 09:10 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Perry Ellis was the definition of "high floor, low ceiling" with "decent" measurables and athleticism from the start.

That is not at all what you're dealing with concerning Rocker.
When he was in 9th grade he was a Top 5 prospect, maybe even the best prospect. By the time he was a senior, he was downgraded and rightly so.
[Reply]
TLO 05:55 AM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Old friend alert:

Eric Hosmer is in one of his patented god awful week long slumps. Getting outbid was likely the best thing that could have happened for GMDM.
Maybe we can trade Soler for him?
[Reply]
Page 181 of 440
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185191231281 > Last »
Up