ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon Suspended AGAIN
Marcellus 03:23 PM 12-16-2019
Link to come.

BR says PED's and substance abuse violations.

Originally Posted by :
NFL Suspends Josh Gordon 🚨
B/R Gridiron
@brgridiron
Josh Gordon has been suspended indefinitely for violating the NFL’s PED and substance abuse policies. https://t.co/HvP8AWuVK0

[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:26 PM 09-14-2021
Yes please.

Very low risk.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:27 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The way our WR room looks behind Tyreek I'd honestly be tempted..VERY TEMPTED :-) .
Sure. They could cut Fountain, the 2nd best WR on the team and give Gordon his roster spot. Great idea.
[Reply]
baitism 04:32 PM 09-14-2021
Yes
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:40 PM 09-14-2021
https://y.yarn.co/739fbe44-1700-49fb...5607c_text.gif
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:56 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
I think Chiefs like who they have. I could see them bringing back Antonio Callaway if his bone bruise heals and league rules allow it.
Callaway resigned with KC after being an injury release. They still have his rights...

I wouldn't be surprised if he replaces Hardman next year...
[Reply]
Direckshun 04:58 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Half the team barely knows the other half's name.

I don't remember how/when/where I realized this, but it's amazing how partitioned an NFL locker room is. The D-lineman hang with the D-Lineman. The DBs hang with the DBs and the OL pal around with the other OL. They're together in group meetings all the time.

And of course there are guys that 'float' because they're overall team leaders like Mahomes, Kelce, Mathieu, and Jones.

But for the most part a guy like Gordon, if he's still someone that needs tending to to stay focused, can probably be walled off a bit so that he's not exactly impacting more than a handful of dudes directly.

And if it turns out he's a negative influence on as much as the WR room, you walk away from him.

But folks seem to really like Josh Gordon and have been pulling hard for him. I don't think he's a cancer or anything - I think he's a dude that's tried awfully hard to lick this thing that's been beating him more often than not. I think he means well. I don't think he's beyond a dialogue/workout.
I think you make completely reasonable points, but that we disagree on what a distraction is.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:20 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I honestly have no recollection of his time in Seattle but I thought he still looked effective while with NE.

No, not the gamebreaker he once appeared to be, but as a possession receiver I think he still looked solid.

Might be done - most guys don't age gracefully, they just go over the horizon and suck altogether. He might have reached that point. I'd still be curious to find out because guys that are anything like who he was at 22-23 are rare and tend to be the sort of guys who just age a bit differently.

I'd be reluctant to assign an ordinary aging curve to a unicorn, that's all.
Iirc, he still had good route-running ability, but he missed some fairly textbook catches, and just seemed kind of slow and a little sloppy. Maybe I'm misremembering, but I just wasn't 'wowed' when he was in either NE or SEA.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:26 PM 09-14-2021
Seems like a great fit for the Faders. Not KC. I’d pass quickly if I’m Let’s Reach.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 05:26 PM 09-14-2021
Nope no nope. Release robinson and get pringles in there.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:45 PM 09-14-2021
I will admit this: if you watch his highlight reels from NE, he looks pretty good as a possession receiver. He shows very good route-running ability, very good body control, and solid catching technique. But he was all but invisible in SEA, as far as I know, and the few times I caught a SEA game, he didn't look very good. Again, maybe I'm wrong. Veach and Andy will know and act accordingly.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:46 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Iirc, he still had good route-running ability, but he missed some fairly textbook catches, and just seemed kind of slow and a little sloppy. Maybe I'm misremembering, but I just wasn't 'wowed' when he was in either NE or SEA.
That's because the "wow" factor is long gone. That explosion and game breaking speed was clearly missing.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:54 PM 09-14-2021
Wouldn't mind having him. Think our team is capable of handling the distraction. But for the sake of the man, he needs to walk away and pull a Ricky Williams and just found happiness outside of the spotlight. He's never gonna right himself until he steps away for good
[Reply]
Bump 05:58 PM 09-14-2021
dude is done. I'd take the Terrell Owens comeback attempt before Gordon lol.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:09 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I'm all for giving people who have an addiction problem that are trying their best to get clean chances...

But my question is - is he worth the risk at this point in his career? Not sure he is..
What, specifically is the risk here? What ramifications did the Cheatriot fuckbags have when they signed him and he got suspended?

The risk is the lockerroom, which I have faith in the leadership.

The next biggest risk is cap, which I'd be fairly upset if they gave him much guaranteed money, but they won't.

Then what? Maybe stunt the development of ... 28 year old Byron Pringle?

Let me be clear: I fall firmly in the I don't give a fuck camp. If they sign him, I don't give a fuck. If they don't sign him, I don't give a fuck. But I don't think there is a ton of risk in this signing.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:22 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What, specifically is the risk here? What ramifications did the Cheatriot ****bags have when they signed him and he got suspended?

The risk is the lockerroom, which I have faith in the leadership.

The next biggest risk is cap, which I'd be fairly upset if they gave him much guaranteed money, but they won't.

Then what? Maybe stunt the development of ... 28 year old Byron Pringle?

Let me be clear: I fall firmly in the I don't give a **** camp. If they sign him, I don't give a ****. If they don't sign him, I don't give a ****. But I don't think there is a ton of risk in this signing.
That he relapses and Chiefs are forced to cut him. I'd think risk would be pretty obvious.

Is it a huge risk? No, but it's still there. Costs time, money, and a roster spot to sign someone. I just don't think it's worth it at this point. Might be another kid out there who could come in and help who is younger and has more potential.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up