ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon Suspended AGAIN
Marcellus 03:23 PM 12-16-2019
Link to come.

BR says PED's and substance abuse violations.

Originally Posted by :
NFL Suspends Josh Gordon 🚨
B/R Gridiron
@brgridiron
Josh Gordon has been suspended indefinitely for violating the NFL’s PED and substance abuse policies. https://t.co/HvP8AWuVK0

[Reply]
loochy 09:15 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I said a while back that I don't think Gordon is out of control necessarily. He doesn't seem like a bad person. He just never liked football. To the point of resenting it. He needs to step away from the game Ricky Williams style. The game seems to send him into a depression and addiction spiral.
Did you not watch his documentary? Of course he's out of control.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:16 AM 12-17-2019
I'm just saying I see a ton of similarities to Ricky Williams. It's not like he's going out and "raging" (ugh...). He seems depressed and anxious and a lot of that seems to be because he was given a gift and feels obligated to keep doing a job he completely resents. People always called Ricky out of control too and seeing how he's made peace with his life, you could see why football was a really negative influence on his life. I just hope Gordon steps away from the game for good and focuses on figuring his shit out.
I don't know. Ricky gave up football to focus on weed. Not sure that's actually a wise choice. But I do get what you're saying.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:17 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This might be the single dumbest comment in the history of CP.
:-). Okay, guy. Not proper use of dumb, but whatever.

Go a head, keep letting a business make your lifestyle choices for you. A lifestyle choice that has no bearing on you personally or professionally.

That is exactly what a slave mentality is. Controlled behavior in hopes to further advance a status with the house.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:27 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
:-). Okay, guy. Not proper use of dumb, but whatever.

Go a head, keep letting a business make your lifestyle choices for you. A lifestyle choice that has no bearing on you personally or professionally.

That is exactly what a slave mentality is. Controlled behavior in hopes to further advance a status with the house.
:-)

It's about priorities. I choose to make quite a bit of money, feed my family, and be a professional, productive member of society. In return, I WILLINGLY gave up my ability to get high. I'm not a slave. And if you're forgoing a chance at working a better job and making more money just because you don't want to have to piss in a cup, it's you that's the slave. Take stock in your choices, dude.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:42 AM 12-17-2019
Wasted talent. Guy could have been one of the most dominant WRs in the game.

Hopefully he can get his life priorities figured out someday and become a better human.

But his pro football career is probably over.
[Reply]
scho63 10:02 AM 12-17-2019
Here's a question I don't know the answer to:

Since the day he was drafted, how many months have he been active for an NFL team versus how many months has he been on the suspension list?

I bet it's a close race.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 10:07 AM 12-17-2019
What a waste.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:09 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Here's a question I don't know the answer to:

Since the day he was drafted, how many months have he been active for an NFL team versus how many months has he been on the suspension list?

I bet it's a close race.
Well your question includes offseason and other downtime so a little harder to figure. But I did see somewhere last night that he's started like 55 games and missed 35 or so due to suspension.
[Reply]
scho63 10:10 AM 12-17-2019
Well your question includes offseason and other downtime so a little harder to figure. But I did see somewhere last night that he's started like 55 games and missed 35 or so due to suspension.
Thank you.

That's some crazy stuff right there.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:14 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Wasted talent. Guy could have been one of the most dominant WRs in the game.

Hopefully he can get his life priorities figured out someday and become a better human.

But his pro football career is probably over.
And maybe that #1 life priority from the start should have been to leave football behind. He got stuck in the trap that just because you have a gift you're obligated to use it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:45 AM 12-17-2019
And maybe that #1 life priority from the start should have been to leave football behind. He got stuck in the trap that just because you have a gift you're obligated to use it.
Well, you have to play the life cards you’ve been dealt. At least initially.

Use it as a means to an end. Maybe he was ready to move on?
[Reply]
loochy 10:47 AM 12-17-2019
Nah, he did the right thing. He took those fools in the NFL for millions of dollars while still not quitting smoking. Win/win for him.....he just didn't win as much as he COULD have, but he still won plenty.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:54 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Nah, he did the right thing. He took those fools in the NFL for millions of dollars while still not quitting smoking. Win/win for him.....he just didn't win as much as he COULD have, but he still won plenty.
He will probably look back on it like that one day. But for now it's clearly an enabler. Seems like Ricky Williams is living a minimalist lifestyle and seems happier than ever. Gordon made a ton of money and fame but it doesn't seem like he wants any of that let alone for a game he hates. He needs to be out of the spotlight and live a life where he can get "alternative therapy" in a way that does minimal harm to him. He needs to go the Ricky route.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:38 PM 12-17-2019
:-)

It's about priorities. I choose to make quite a bit of money, feed my family, and be a professional, productive member of society. In return, I WILLINGLY gave up my ability to get high. I'm not a slave. And if you're forgoing a chance at working a better job and making more money just because you don't want to have to piss in a cup, it's you that's the slave. Take stock in your choices, dude.
I do well enough to not have to work for any company. I work when I want and how I want. Guess what as well, I smoke when I want without any threat towards my financial well being. My family and I do not do without any thing we may want. Forgoing a better job? I couldn't think of any other better job I could have. It surely wouldn't involve making money for someone else. I have health insurance, set money aside for retirement, play in the stock market how I want to. I can't quite think what any one company could offer me at this point to work for them.

Am I not as much of a professional or productive member of society as you because of these choices I have made?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:42 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I do well enough to not have to work for any company. I work when I want and how I want. Guess what as well, I smoke when I want without any threat towards my financial well being. My family and I do not do without any thing we may want. Forgoing a better job? I couldn't think of any other better job I could have. It surely wouldn't involve making money for someone else. I have health insurance, set money aside for retirement, play in the stock market how I want to. I can't quite think what any one company could offer me at this point to work for them.

Am I not as much of a professional or productive member of society as you because of these choices I have made?
You're awfully fortunate. Certainly not representative of the vast majority of America.

Your comment about "slave mentality" is still one of the most ridiculous things I've read here and I've been here since day 1.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up