ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 305 of 313
« First < 205255295301302303304305 306307308309 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
kcclone 06:52 AM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
HB is getting like 14 mil for this season. He can take his poor attitude from twitter and shove it.

He may vent on social media, but I don't see a lot of signs he's not playing hard, or doesn't want to be here.

Regardless, when the games are real, I'd bet Honey Badger will be going 100% and have a good attitude with his teammates.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 06:55 AM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
He may vent on social media, but I don't see a lot of signs he's not playing hard, or doesn't want to be here.

Regardless, when the games are real, I'd bet Honey Badger will be going 100% and have a good attitude with his teammates.
If he wants to get paid next year he will.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:03 AM 08-30-2021
Nate Taylor posted a story on the Athletic on who he thinks makes the roster. I won't post it all but here a few of the more interesting position battles.

Originally Posted by :
Running backs (3): Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Darrel Williams, Jerick McKinnon

Cuts: Darwin Thompson, Derrick Gore

Fullback (1): Michael Burton

Wide receivers (6): Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman, Byron Pringle, Demarcus Robinson, Marcus Kemp, Daurice Fountain

Cuts: Cornell Powell, Gehrig Dieter, Maurice French, Dalton Schoen, Darrius Shepherd

Tight ends (4): Travis Kelce, Blake Bell, Noah Gray, Jody Fortson

Offensive Linemen (10): Orlando Brown Jr., Joe Thuney, Creed Humphrey, Trey Smith, Lucas Niang, Mike Remmers, Andrew Wylie, Nick Allegretti, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Austin Blythe

Cuts: Yasir Durant, Wyatt Miller, Darryl Williams, Prince Tega Wanogho

Defensive Linemen (10): Chris Jones, Frank Clark, Jarran Reed, Derrick Nnadi, Mike Danna, Alex Okafor, Tershawn Wharton, Khalen Saunders, Joshua Kaindoh, Tim Ward

Cuts: Tyler Clark, Austin Edwards, Demone Harris, Malik Herring

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:03 AM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Some things:
1/ Where do you draw the line on that? How do you think about 5mm vs 10mm? 1mm vs 3mm? What may seem like 'enough' for you might not seem that way for others.
2/ You were able to do your job for 30 years. Do you think TM can play football for that length of time and earn that standard of living? Shouldn't his goal be to maximize as much as he possibly can to take care of himself and future generations of his family if that's what he wants to do? The guy grew up in poverty with a father behind bars.
3/ Pretty well-documented that NFL players have long-term health effects from playing football. I'd certainly want to maximize my value to provide for those expenses.
4/ Do yo think if he gets paid 14mm that he actually gets 14mm? After taxes and agent fees, he probably clears about half of that.
5/ If the guy wants to buy houses on the beach and fly on private jets for the rest of his life, who are you to tell him he shouldn't be able to do that because you think he should take 4mm less to play for your favorite team?
I think if he was smart he'd just take all his money and buy the entire float of the AMC stock and retire , Then he could buy twitter after it squeezes to 1 million dollars a share and tweet his ass off.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:09 AM 08-30-2021
Nick Jacobs has the Chiefs keeping 6 CBs (with Chris Lammons the surprise due to his special teams play) and only 5 WRs (Kemp over Fountain).
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:12 AM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Isn't there a point though when you're making that kind of money when it's really irrelevant? I mean what can you do with 18 million that you can't do with 14 million.
You’re making it sound like the difference between $14 and $18. It’s 4 MILLION. What can you do with an extra 4 million dollars?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:14 AM 08-30-2021
Nick Jacobs has the Chiefs keeping 6 CBs (with Chris Lammons the surprise due to his special teams play) and only 5 WRs (Kemp over Fountain).
Kemp made some really nice plays Friday. That tackle on the KO return was picture perfect and his TD catch was good. He's a big guy, I'd like to see him hauling in more passes.
[Reply]
MGRS13 07:24 AM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Kemp made some really nice plays Friday. That tackle on the KO return was picture perfect and his TD catch was good. He's a big guy, I'd like to see him hauling in more passes.
Kemp makes the team for special teams, that’s how or why he’s always made it. I’d set his over under catches for the year at 6. And I’ll take the under.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:37 AM 08-30-2021

Ehhhh…

Even I wouldn’t be in favor of that.
[Reply]
Hoover 07:46 AM 08-30-2021
Lions cut Breshad Perriman, but Chiefs won't be able to get Fountain or Powell to the PS......
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:00 AM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Lions cut Breshad Perriman, but Chiefs won't be able to get Fountain or Powell to the PS......
I think perrimans in that category where hes proven exactly who he is enough times that no ones really excited for it. John Ross is quicly approaching that.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:07 AM 08-30-2021
The guy won a Super Bowl. And was a core reason for that.

He should risk his long-term heath to receive less than fair market value for what purpose?
^this^ Players are free to make the decisions in their best interest for the short careers they have... HB can take the best available deal, or stay with the Chiefs for most likely less money. The decision is far from black and white as there are potentially more revenue outside of football if he has a strong legacy with one franchise. Good news is the Chiefs will be fine either way.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:23 AM 08-30-2021
Remember a couple years ago in Denver when Chris Harris wore a Fitbit and it tracked him running about 15 miles in our game when he said his previous high was 11? That’s going to happen and we’re going to really break down DB’s.

Patrick is already really good at creating time but now he’s going to have even more of it with this OL. It’s not crazy to think Patrick could average close to 5 seconds of time in a given game.

With teams like Cleveland, Baltimore and Buffalo, they don’t have the horses on the DL to get that pressure.

That alone is going to be the difference
[Reply]
JPH83 08:25 AM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I think they'll get Powell to the PS. He's a developmental player and teams are surely going to want an immediate contributor to make their 53.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:28 AM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Phoneix:
So his rookie season he played in one game and 3 snaps on offense. In a team that had TY Hilton, Ryan Grant, Zach Paschal and Chester Rodgers as the top 4 WO’s on a team that lost to the Chiefs in the Divisional Round of the playoffs. Fountain wasn’t elevated to the 53 Man roster until early December.

2nd year broken ankle - Season lost.

3rd year - 15 snaps game 2, 19 snaps game 3 (2 receptions), 15 snaps game 4, 5 snaps game 5, waived.

Doesn’t really sound like he had much of an opportunity to really get going. Playing in a total of 8 or 9 games over the course of three seasons. Seems like a fair comparison. ��
Sounds to me like he had chances and he just didn't do squat. Perhaps Fountain is just a late bloomer and now he will start to actually have a NFL career. But his history shows that he has not been very good at all.

And no, I'm not that impressed with Kemp, either. But he is obviously a valuable STs player.
[Reply]
Page 305 of 313
« First < 205255295301302303304305 306307308309 > Last »
Up