ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 302 of 313
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
RealSNR 02:07 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's gone...

You can't realistically pay a safety that is getting ready to be 30 and have 10 years in the league with his injury history that kinda contract.

It would be short sighted and it would probably cost us Tyreek.

Everyone needs to get comfortable with that defense being very different after this year.

Mathieu, Clark and Hitchens are likely all done.
Well, with Clark and Hitchens, it's addition by subtraction.

Mathieu will hurt, but the team is good about not getting bogged down with simplistic thinking about roster holes and whatnot.

It would have been easy for them to say, "Shit we're fucked at DE! Reach for the shitasses that fall to us in the draft!" That's what a lot of teams do. Instead, we used what we had to our advantage, and now we're able to show a ton of different looks with guys moving and rotating all around the line, which is going to give offenses problems.

Same thing here. The team isn't going to resort to attempting to replace Mathieu with somebody who does everything he does, because that particular player doesn't exist. Instead, we'll adjust and evolve and come up with new solutions that fit our personnel.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:09 PM 08-29-2021
Ward will be gone too actually, it's gonna be a whole new defense.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:22 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Well, with Clark and Hitchens, it's addition by subtraction.

Mathieu will hurt, but the team is good about not getting bogged down with simplistic thinking about roster holes and whatnot.

It would have been easy for them to say, "Shit we're ****ed at DE! Reach for the shitasses that fall to us in the draft!" That's what a lot of teams do. Instead, we used what we had to our advantage, and now we're able to show a ton of different looks with guys moving and rotating all around the line, which is going to give offenses problems.

Same thing here. The team isn't going to resort to attempting to replace Mathieu with somebody who does everything he does, because that particular player doesn't exist. Instead, we'll adjust and evolve and come up with new solutions that fit our personnel.
How do you figure. Hitchens played well last year and looks good this year. I agree we won't resign him, unless it is for a good deal... but it's not addition by subtraction. Same with Clark, teams weren't able to run outside much last year as we got really good setting the edge and we defended running QB's well. We were a leader in the league in sacks with Ford here, but we sucked as a defense... I don't think we should pay them, but we aren't going to get better by them leaving.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:28 PM 08-29-2021

I’m not the type you play with emotions w/.

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) August 29, 2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:30 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I only attended practice once during training camp, but Burton was the best blocker of all RBs and TEs in the blitz pickup drill.

Just FYI

Then cut Bell & keep Burton.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:31 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
One of the pundits was saying Burton could do Blake Bell's job. I like it.

Yes
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:32 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Honey Badger will be more than this

Vikings are morons.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:33 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Vikings are morons.
Mike Zimmer loves defensive backs, they're also a declining team that doesn't have all that many guys to pay.
[Reply]
Phoneix 02:40 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
That’s my tall glass of water. ❤️
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:49 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Phoneix:
So his rookie season he played in one game and 3 snaps on offense. In a team that had TY Hilton, Ryan Grant, Zach Paschal and Chester Rodgers as the top 4 WO’s on a team that lost to the Chiefs in the Divisional Round of the playoffs. Fountain wasn’t elevated to the 53 Man roster until early December.

2nd year broken ankle - Season lost.

3rd year - 15 snaps game 2, 19 snaps game 3 (2 receptions), 15 snaps game 4, 5 snaps game 5, waived.

Doesn’t really sound like he had much of an opportunity to really get going. Playing in a total of 8 or 9 games over the course of three seasons. Seems like a fair comparison. ��
So he got a chance in a god awful wr room then got waived, but we should cut DRob, who has actually lived this success story and gotten better year in and year out?
[Reply]
Phoneix 02:55 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
So he got a chance in a god awful wr room then got waived, but we should cut DRob, who has actually lived this success story and gotten better year in and year out?
A god awful WR room that took the team to 11-5 and 10-6 respectively with playoff appearances both years. Yeah absolutely terrible. Do you actually do any research before spewing the vomit that comes out of your mouth?

I have never said anything about cutting Robinson. ONLY that Fountain should make the final 53
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:56 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
The Landlord (worst nickname in sports) is a bit of a drama queen.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:57 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
How do you figure. Hitchens played well last year and looks good this year. I agree we won't resign him, unless it is for a good deal... but it's not addition by subtraction. Same with Clark, teams weren't able to run outside much last year as we got really good setting the edge and we defended running QB's well. We were a leader in the league in sacks with Ford here, but we sucked as a defense... I don't think we should pay them, but we aren't going to get better by them leaving.
It's addition by subtraction because it's likely their replacements will be an improvement. In Hitchens' case, I think Bolton or Gay is to take the lead. And you might say, "Well, it's not as good as when we had Hitchens AND Bolton and Gay" but that's how teams evolve and get better when guys leave. Players who step in and take over that new leadership role and do it better than the guy before them is more important than having a little more depth to round out the team, because the depth is more easily replaceable and can be done through draft, free agency, or even just pulling some asshole from the practice squad who has shown some ability.

And Clark... well, I'm not going to get into that. I've done my bitching on Clark's worthless ass, and I'm not going to do more. In this case, even if we do nothing to add another DE to replace Clark, I think someone like Danna who's already on the team will not only be an improvement over Clark, but we'll get Clark's cap space.

This isn't just for football teams. It's the same thing in business or any other work environment. It pays for companies to have to promote great employees even though you're losing that great employee doing his/her previous job.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:01 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Ward will be gone too actually, it's gonna be a whole new defense.
I’m curious what Veach does.

By my count, we’ll for certain return the following (if we want to):

Jones
Danna
Saunders
Wharton
Kaindoh
Gay
Bolton
Fenton
Sneed
Thornhill
Keyes

We have some decent pieces there, but the depth is really lacking. I assume we’ll try to extend guys like Nnadi, Baker, Hughes, and Ward. I doubt Veach wants to go into the offseason needing to add like 15 defensive players.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:01 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Vikings are morons.
That’s a worse contract than Adams.

HB as good as gone next year.
[Reply]
Page 302 of 313
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312 > Last »
Up