ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3788 of 3903
« First < 2788328836883738377837843785378637873788 3789379037913792379838383888 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
carlos3652 07:24 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't know that I'd go crazy calling for mandates to be put in place, but I also struggle to understand the angst about it. It's not like they're unprecedented (e.g., vaccines for kids in schools, regional vaccine requirements for travel), and there are plenty of other health restrictions that people don't think twice about (e.g., shirts and shoes in stores, physicals to drive a semi truck, eye exams to be able to drive a car).

It just doesn't seem that unreasonable to me for there to be vaccine requirements in places where someone could spread he disease to others. Yes, I fully understand that some people view vaccines as the most evil thing ever created, but logically I can't wrap my mind around why it's such a huge deal.
This is a reasonable take. I honestly don’t think we will get to the point that people won’t be allowed in a grocery store if they don’t have a vaccine. We have never done that with any disease that I know of.

I understand restrictions. But vaccine requirements to work remotely, or to go to the grocery store seem heavy handed to me. I don’t understand the I have the vaccine, but you don’t have the vaccine so you are putting me in danger. When anyone can pass the disease to anyone. Some people have not had the traditional vaccines that everyone else has (whatever their reasons may be) , but we don’t treat them as second hand citizens that can’t participate in society like some Europeans are treating their citizens over this.

I think mRNA is the future just need to keep testing it.
[Reply]
TLO 07:26 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'd kind of like to see a scorecard. Maybe it's out there, but I'm too lazy to look.

We have 330 million Americans. Can we divide them into these groups?

Vaccinated, boosted, and had Covid
Vaccinated boosted, haven't had Covid
Vaccinated, not boosted, and had Covid
Vaccinated, not boosted, haven't had Covid
Unvaccinated and had Covid
Unvaccinated and haven't had Covid
You can put a +1 here
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:34 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
You can put a +1 here
Okay, that's a start.

I'm in Group 4 right now, hoping to join Group 2 soon.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:42 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm pretty much in agreement here. I'll wait to see what kind of waning immunity shows up after the 3rd dose. I'm optimistic a 3rd dose might just complete the series. But realistically we'll probably need at least yearly boosters.

I'm fine with eventually getting another booster, depending on what kind of community transmission we're having or if I'm planning to travel.

I do not support any of the lockdown scenarios proposed.
100% agree with TLO.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:14 PM 11-17-2021
I'd kind of like to see a scorecard. Maybe it's out there, but I'm too lazy to look.

+1 here.
[Reply]
Fish 10:28 PM 11-17-2021

Work is offering $25 upon booster, available on site any time I want to sign up for it. Probably will before the holidays. Had basically no side effects after the first 2 shots. Planned them on a Friday thinking I'd need a weekend to recover. Nope, went golfing several hours after the first shot. Arm soreness the next day, otherwise nothing. I'll probably do the booster if nothing more than peace of mind for holiday interactions.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:57 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Work is offering $25 upon booster, available on site any time I want to sign up for it. Probably will before the holidays. Had basically no side effects after the first 2 shots. Planned them on a Friday thinking I'd need a weekend to recover. Nope, went golfing several hours after the first shot. Arm soreness the next day, otherwise nothing. I'll probably do the booster if nothing more than peace of mind for holiday interactions.
The first shot was nothing for me, but the second shot kicked my *** for precisely 24 hours. I remember at one point lying down and deciding that I was hungry. I worked my way to a sitting position and decided it wasn't worth it, so I just collapsed back down.

Like a lot of other people, I felt no impact for the first 24 hours, and then the second 24 hours was brutal. Then suddenly I was fine again. This is an issue to consider for the booster because the only times available to get the shot are the afternoon before my wife and I have an out-of-town visitor over for dinner that evening, or the day before that. I decided that the odds are that I'll be okay if I get the shot late in the afternoon before the dinner date, but I hope I'm right.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:15 PM 11-17-2021

I’m hearing more and more everyday of…..

Getting Covid after vaccination
[Reply]
Monticore 06:08 AM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I’m hearing more and more everyday of…..

Getting Covid after vaccination
That has more to do with how your body works than the vaccine.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:33 AM 11-18-2021

+1 here, though I'm strongly considering boosting at this point. Not certain it is necessary, but don't think it is harmful either.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:38 AM 11-18-2021
Vaccinated, not boosted, and had Covid - Got COVID 8.5 months after getting vaccinated.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:40 AM 11-18-2021
Vaccinated, boosted, not had covid
[Reply]
chinaski 08:04 AM 11-18-2021
Vaccinated, Not Boosted, Haven't had COVID

I'm scheduled for the Booster this Saturday at Noon (Pfizer). Figured I would give myself all day Sunday if I get any side effects. The second shot kicked my ass (Pfizer).
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:13 AM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Your premise makes a lot of assumptions about what the situation will be in the future. I generally just follow the recommendations of the CDC. They're not perfect, but they spend a ton more time on understanding all of this than any of us ever will.

So that's my answer. If the CDC recommends I get another booster, sure, I'm in. If they don't, I won't. That's about all there is to it.

I don't personally understand the "how long will you put up with it" angle. I've gotten flu shots most years in the past decade (though admittedly not every year), and this isn't really any different.
Same. I've gotten flu shots every year for several years and haven't gotten it. Prior to that I got it once a year. I'll get a booster if it's recommended. I just felt tired on my 2nd shot so hopefully same on the 3rd.
[Reply]
jdubya 09:26 AM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
That has more to do with how your body works than the vaccine.
I wasn’t clear in my wording. I’m talking about several FF friends of mine who worked all last year and never got Covid but within a few months of them and their families getting vaccinated, they came down with symptoms and tested positive for Covid. Nobody serious and no hospitalizations but still got it (presumably the delta variant)

I wasn’t talking about vaccine reactions

As to the original post: I am vaccinated and booster is next month, no Covid yet
[Reply]
Page 3788 of 3903
« First < 2788328836883738377837843785378637873788 3789379037913792379838383888 > Last »
Up