ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3698 of 3903
« First < 2698319835983648368836943695369636973698 3699370037013702370837483798 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 09:49 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
There was a guy in KS who had something similar happen just today. Need to find that story. It was in the Star.

Edit: here it is: https://www.kansascity.com/news/coro...253764933.html
Oh fuck, I know that family. I was born in McPherson...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:18 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Oh ****, I know that family. I was born in McPherson...
It's a really sad story.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:19 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
Nope. If you refuse the vaccine, and then think you need to go to the hospital due to contracting Covid, you should be given a discount coupon to the local feedlot for your dose of Ivermectin and told to GTFO. Patients who took care of themselves and legitimately need medical care are getting denied because these mouth breathing morons are overrunning our hospitals.

I was on a call this morning and bedspace all across the state is a literal minute by minute opening in this part of the country. One hospital locally had to transfer a patient to WI recently due to a lack of bedspace.

These asshats are literally killing other people.
It's pretty clear they don't care.
[Reply]
emaw1979 10:27 PM 08-27-2021
Nope. If you refuse the vaccine, and then think you need to go to the hospital due to contracting Covid, you should be given a discount coupon to the local feedlot for your dose of Ivermectin and told to GTFO. Patients who took care of themselves and legitimately need medical care are getting denied because these mouth breathing morons are overrunning our hospitals.

I was on a call this morning and bedspace all across the state is a literal minute by minute opening in this part of the country. One hospital locally had to transfer a patient to WI recently due to a lack of bedspace.

I'll play this game.

If you are obese or have any condition that you did (poor eating habits, not exercising, tobacco, drugs, etc) that puts you at great risk with COVID then please do not go to the hospital if you contract it.

Additionally, if you choose to drive and get into a serious accident then do not go to the hospital. If you ride your bike or participate in any dangerous physical activity then sorry, but do not go to the hospital.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:33 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
I'll play this game.

If you are obese or have any condition that you did (poor eating habits, not exercising, tobacco, drugs, etc) that puts you at great risk with COVID then please do not go to the hospital if you contract it.

Additionally, if you choose to drive and get into a serious accident then do not go to the hospital. If you ride your bike or participate in any dangerous physical activity then sorry, but do not go to the hospital.
And you lost.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:11 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
I'll play this game.

play stupid games, win stupid prizes
[Reply]
stevieray 08:16 AM 08-28-2021
78% of people who die from this flu are OVERWEIGHT.

But hey, ya'll keep circle jerking to your sociopathic "compassion"
[Reply]
DaFace 08:30 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:

74% of the US population is overweight, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/obesity-overweight.htm
[Reply]
loochy 08:43 AM 08-28-2021

I'm cool with that.

I never disguised my viewpoints on this as compassion. I'm absolutely selfishly focused on my family and myself.

If you're a fatty and a normal weight person comes in sick, then the fatty just gets displaced by one in the queue.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:43 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
74% of the US population is overweight, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/obesity-overweight.htm
Not surprised.

Your bias clouds your objectivity.
[Reply]
TLO 08:47 AM 08-28-2021
In my own personal slice of hell known as NW Missouri, our hospitalizations are lower than they've been since June. Just 21 in our hospital system as of this morning. Cases and positivity rate continue to decline.

Delta hit us early, compared to the rest of the country. Took 2-3 months, but we appear to be through the worst of it as a region.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:57 AM 08-28-2021
Not surprised.

Your bias clouds your objectivity.
:-)
[Reply]
NotDonger 08:59 AM 08-28-2021

What percentage are you seeing as the percentage of unvaccinated versus vaccinated admitted patients? It would be nice if they'd update this website:

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/cov...om-the-states/
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:06 AM 08-28-2021
Madness. It's just madness.

A free vaccine is available. Almost all who get it avoid serious illness.

Delta is bad, but what if Echo is worse?

And it can all be stopped. It's needless.

Even if you feel like YOU will be fine, what about everyone else you come in contact with? Just get the damned shots.

And even IF you are adamant about your right to NOT get the shot and only fat people die and whatever, what about the space at the hospital for the people with other unrelated needs? The car accident victims? The unpreventable, unknowable things that happen to people and they need healthcare? It's just madness. Madness.

The idea that somehow all of the world's governments, who can't agree on a single thing, and some who are literally at war with each other have all conspired to control the entire world's population is nuts. Maybe the simpler explanation is that the pandemic is real and if everyone would get the damned shots we could put a lid on this thing.

It doesn't matter where it came from. It doesn't matter who you voted for in the election. It doesn't matter who is most likely to get sick. It's the fact that there's no damned room in the ICU's for ANYONE no matter what puts them there.

Just get the damned shots. Before the next variant comes along that's even worse.

This is preventable.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:39 AM 08-28-2021

But hey, you'll keep circle jerking to your sociopathic "compassion"
WOW
What about the other 22%?
I would like to see this definition of "overweight". Were they 10 lbs, 20 lbs, etc.
I am guessing you are saying that those with "underlying" health conditions are the real problem.
The point is no matter how someone tries to justify their position in ways like this that those people are still just as dead and that is what the shame is actually about not that these people are "not as healthy as possible or me".
People with this type of stance need to get over themselves and their self-righteous position.
People with attitudes such as this are the ones that are truly sad and is one of the real shames of our society.
[Reply]
Page 3698 of 3903
« First < 2698319835983648368836943695369636973698 3699370037013702370837483798 > Last »
Up