ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Man I sure wish we had Russell Wilson
lcarus 08:03 PM 09-24-2012
Yeah hindsight is 20/20 and admittedly I didn't know much about Wilson at draft time, but then again I'm not paid to scout and draft players for a team that desperately needs a QB. Oh well I guess at least we got Donald Stephenson from OU.........yay.....
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:09 AM 12-06-2012
we've covered this before...there were like 3 people who wanted Ryan...brock and mecca were two of them...

he got shit on the same way every QB does...no one is good enough for our precious Chiefs fans
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:18 AM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
we've covered this before...there were like 3 people who wanted Ryan...brock and mecca were two of them...

he got shit on the same way every QB does...no one is good enough for our precious Chiefs fans
I was down on Ryan and I'm not a "don't draft a QB" guy at all.

I didn't like Ryan and so far, I've been pretty much dead-on about the guy. To this point, he's been a top-tier game manager. He needs to demonstrate, especially in the playoffs, that he DESERVES to be called "elite".
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:19 AM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:
Matt Ryan threw 19 freaking picks his senior season.
Exactly.

People are totally taking NFL performances and applying them to prospect status AFTER THE FACT.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:20 AM 12-06-2012
I was talking shit on the 08 QB class last night.

Did anyone know who Joe Flacco was entering his Sr. season?

Anyone?

I bet there's a thread on here where people suddenly learn about Joe Flacco and are less than impressed.

Geno destroys Joe Flacco as an NFL prospect.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:21 AM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I didn't like Ryan and so far, I've been pretty much dead-on about the guy. To this point, he's been a top-tier game manager. He needs to demonstrate, especially in the playoffs, that he DESERVES to be called "elite".
he was absolutely worth being drafted and has turned their franchise around....

maybe he comes through eventually, maybe not...but you draft him and give it your best shot

people lose their minds talking about QBs
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:23 AM 12-06-2012
I was talking shit on the 08 QB class last night.

Did anyone know who Joe Flacco was entering his Sr. season?

Anyone?

I bet there's a thread on here where people suddenly learn about Joe Flacco and are less than impressed.

Geno destroys Joe Flacco as an NFL prospect.
That's easy to see, never been a fan of Flacco. Still not convinced ANY changes will be made in the offseason, I do however want to believe.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:30 AM 12-06-2012
he was absolutely worth being drafted and has turned their franchise around....

maybe he comes through eventually, maybe not...but you draft him and give it your best shot

people lose their minds talking about QBs
I agree on all points. Absolutely.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:32 AM 12-06-2012

YOur absolutely right, but he was the right guy to draft for the Falcons and would have been for the Chiefs as well.

I think we have discussed this before, but he stabilized the franchise, and he keeps them in playoff contention nearly every year. Just because it isnt a Manning, Elway or Luck coming out in a particluar year does not mean "dont draft this guy". You have to play the cards you have been dealt....so to speak. Alot of fans have a hard time understanding this.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:32 AM 12-06-2012
I agree on all points. Absolutely.
and not to hijack...but it will be very interesting to see what happens with him if they flame out again...he's got the most pressure of anyone in the league, imo
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:34 AM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
YOur absolutely right, but he was the right guy to draft for the Falcons and would have been for the Chiefs as well.

I think we have discussed this before, but he stabilized the franchise, and he keeps them in playoff contention nearly every year. Just because it isnt a Manning, Elway or Luck coming out in a particluar year does not mean "dont draft this guy". You have to play the cards you have been dealt....so to speak. Alot of fans have a hard time understanding this.
yup...i think people get confused that 'franchise QB' means 'surefire super bowl winner'

for some QBs, you're going to have to build a better team around them then others (see Ryan, Matt)...
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:40 AM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

Absolutely agree.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:50 AM 12-06-2012
and not to hijack...but it will be very interesting to see what happens with him if they flame out again...he's got the most pressure of anyone in the league, imo
heh, hes sort of a victim of high expectations, which are created by him being good of course.

P Manning didnt win a championship until his 8th season in and has still only won 1.
[Reply]
mcaj22 11:29 AM 12-06-2012
yup...i think people get confused that 'franchise QB' means 'surefire super bowl winner'

for some QBs, you're going to have to build a better team around them then others (see Ryan, Matt)...
this is what many Chiefs fans will refuse to grasp

after going through 4 awful years that were suppose to be rebuilding, we are essentially drafting a QB like Matt Ryan and it will take another 4 years for whatever QB we draft to show talent like Matt Ryan

Chiefs fans just have a hard time knowing they have to wait another 4 years to see some ****ing talent on this team

The Falcons and Matt Ryan didnt get good overnight and neither will the Chiefs and whatever QB they draft.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:31 AM 12-06-2012
Literally just had some idiot ask me if Cassel broke his throwing hand last year and if it could have possibly "destroyed his career." :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 11:37 AM 12-06-2012
Literally just had some idiot ask me if Cassel broke his throwing hand last year and if it could have possibly "destroyed his career." :-)
HE WAS A PRO BOWLER IN 2010 I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND
[Reply]
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Up