ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Pro Day Updates
RunKC 01:29 PM 03-06-2021
Thought this was a good place to put this stuff.

Eric Stokes CB Georgia. 6’1” and has excellent speed

#Georgia CB Eric Stokes just ran a 4.25 (Unofficially)
If accurate it would be the 3rd fastest 40 yd dash time ever💨

Below is a video (no sound)#NFL #NFLDraft #NFLCombine #HOACombine pic.twitter.com/6lnPdaeIad

— Gridiron Drive 🏈 (@GridironDrives) March 5, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:18 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah. That stop-start/agility/speed does not scream RT, even though his size might.

Looks to me like a guy who could make it work on the left side.
I don't watch a lot of UNI football (because even here in Iowa they're not on TV a lot) but from reading his clippings, it seems the RT thing was more about his tape than anything else.

But with those measurables, he's going to be a LT in the NFL for someone.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:19 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is why I laugh when somebody like RunKC tells me that we can’t get a LT at 63.

Little
Hudson
Smith
Radunz
Brown

There’s going to be plenty of talent available in the 2nd if all of the 1st round guys are gone at 31. If you want to go up and get one, it isn’t nearly as expensive as doing it in the 1st either.

I’m open to just about anything. Trade up for Cosmi or Jenkins, stay at 31 and take a guy like Eichenberg or Mayfield, trade down and take Little, or trade up for one of those guys in the 2nd.

I just don’t agree with the crowd that says we have to take a LT in the 1at or trade up.
Exactly.

The only real move that I'm not down with is trading up like 20 spots in the first. Everything else is on the table for me.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:23 AM 03-23-2021
I would TOTALLY pick up Okung or Villanueva and then draft Brown at #63 and feel real good about where we were.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:30 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I would TOTALLY pick up Okung or Villanueva and then draft Brown at #63 and feel real good about where we were.
Me too.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:34 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

The only real move that I'm not down with is trading up like 20 spots in the first. Everything else is on the table for me.
I’m not convinced Brown is anything but a G or RT. Many have said the same thing about Mayfield.

As much as people on Twitter like Eichenberg, I don’t like his pass pro. He seems like a fit for a run first team like SF. Radunz is this years Ezra Cleveland, who looked like a LT but clearly was not viewed primarily as such by the team that drafted him.

Ideally we get our LT early bc at 63 there won’t be anything left but developmental question marks.

We need a LT. If there’s one we like at 31 or within reason to not give up a ton (Cosmi) then go get that guy.

That’s what I love about Veach. He’s not going to sit on his hands like King Carl did. He knows that LT is the 2nd most important position on the team only to the $500 million man he needs to protect.

I don’t see Veach “waiting” until 63 for scraps of a really good OL class. IMO the 2nd tier OT range is where he will strike
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:37 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m not convinced Brown is anything but a G or RT. Many have said the same thing about Mayfield.

As much as people on Twitter like Eichenberg, I don’t like his pass pro. He seems like a fit for a run first team like SF. Radunz is this years Ezra Cleveland, who looked like a LT but clearly was not viewed primarily as such by the team that drafted him.

Ideally we get our LT early bc at 63 there won’t be anything left but developmental question marks.

We need a LT. If there’s one we like at 31 or within reason to not give up a ton (Cosmi) then go get that guy.

That’s what I love about Veach. He’s not going to sit on his hands like King Carl did. He knows that LT is the 2nd most important position on the team only to the $500 million man he needs to protect.

I don’t see Veach “waiting” until 63 for scraps of a really good OL class. IMO the 2nd tier OT range is where he will strike
what? With all of those measurables and agility? Why in the hell would you come to that conclusion? Dude just killed his pro day with agility scores that are elite. 6'8", played at 320, 34" arms, with elite agility, and you think he's 'just a guard'.

smh.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:43 AM 03-23-2021
what? With all of those measurables and agility? Why in the hell would you come to that conclusion? Dude just killed his pro day with agility scores that are elite. 6'8", played at 320, 34" arms, with elite agility, and you think he's 'just a guard'.

smh.
He’s very desperate to push his narrative that the Chiefs have to take a LT in the 1st and they probably have to trade up.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:51 AM 03-23-2021

smh.
Don’t be fooled by pro days this year dude. They are on surfaces that fit running and a lot of them outdoors with the wind at their back. Its also not electrically timed. It’s not like the combine. At all.

Last year was a perfect example. Cameron Dantzler said he would run a sub 4.3. At the combine he ran a horrid 4.64. Then not even 1 month later he ran a 4.38 at his pro day? :-)

Take these times with a grain of salt.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:53 AM 03-23-2021
Don’t be fooled by pro days this year dude. They are on surfaces that fit running and a lot of them outdoors with the wind at their back. Its also not electrically timed. It’s not like the combine. At all.

Last year was a perfect example. Cameron Dantzler said he would run a sub 4.3. At the combine he ran a horrid 4.64. Then not even 1 month later he ran a 4.38 at his pro day? :-)

We already know Brown is a great athlete though. The numbers just confirm it, even if they are a little exaggerated.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:55 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s very desperate to push his narrative that the Chiefs have to take a LT in the 1st and they probably have to trade up.
That’s a lie.

I would like to take one at 31 or move up if one like Cosmi is there at 25 and can be had for a reasonable deal. I’m good with trading back in the early 2nd rd loading up on picks and taking a LT in the late 30’s.

I would like to trade up in round 2 from 63 if they don’t take one with their first pick.

What I don’t want to do is sit on our dicks and just wait for scraps at 63. And I don’t think Veach does that based on what we’ve seen from him
[Reply]
staylor26 10:03 AM 03-23-2021
That’s a lie.

I would like to take one at 31 or move up if one like Cosmi is there at 25 and can be had for a reasonable deal. I’m good with trading back in the early 2nd rd loading up on picks and taking a LT in the late 30’s.

I would like to trade up in round 2 from 63 if they don’t take one with their first pick.

What I don’t want to do is sit on our dicks and just wait for scraps at 63. And I don’t think Veach does that based on what we’ve seen from him
You literally argued against this with me before though.

I never said the Chiefs should stay at 63 and wait for a LT to fall to them. I’ve been open to anything from trading up in the 1st to trading up in the 2nd. I also don’t think it’s out of the question that they can get a good T prospect at 63 (should they add a vet like Okung).
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:15 AM 03-23-2021

You think the wind helped his 3 cone?

LOL
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:35 AM 03-23-2021

Derrick Barnes/LB, also having a stand out day at Purdue pro day- as low as 4.54s in the forty, 37 inch vert, 29 reps bench. Someone is going to get a steal late in round three/early round four.

— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) March 23, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:25 PM 03-23-2021

WR Tamorrion Terry
HT 6026
WT 207
Hand 9/12
Arm 33 3/8 ��
Wing 78 1/8
40 4.44/4.45 ��
VJ 32.5
BJ 10-6 ��