ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 801 of 2690
« First < 301701751791797798799800801 80280380480581185190113011801 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:02 AM 06-25-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
If the playbook is so complex why did we run the same plays repeatedly?

Defenses had us figured out midseason last year and we still kept trying the Kelce shovel pass. Plus we telegraphed our running plays.

As far as the last guy- who cares if he knows every play if he is going to duck and run 50% of the time? :-)
I've been lead to believe the time problem stems from all parts being on the same page -namely with the QB believing/trusting the receivers will make the correct reads and be in the right part of the field on any particular play.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:14 AM 06-25-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I've been lead to believe the time problem stems from all parts being on the same page -namely with the QB believing/trusting the receivers will make the correct reads and be in the right part of the field on any particular play.
So on timing throws- Alex refused to put it up and risk an interception. Instead dumped it off. Meanwhile, Hill or the intended receiver would, in fact, be at that spot wide open but the play was already over by then.

So Andy called a great play, Alex understood it, but refused to execute the play because of "trust" issues and worry over his stats.

But, how about that completion % though. :-)

It is the, No Risk and No Reward offense.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:32 AM 06-25-2018
So ready for this!

Chiefs Training Camp schedule:
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 09:38 AM 06-25-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
So ready for this!

Chiefs Training Camp schedule:
1 month away. I'll be there August 1st for sure.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:05 AM 06-25-2018

Hnnng. Such a fun one to watch. (Just posted 2 days ago)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:11 AM 06-25-2018

Defenses had us figured out midseason last year and we still kept trying the Kelce shovel pass. Plus we telegraphed our running plays.

As far as the last guy- who cares if he knows every play if he is going to duck and run 50% of the time? :-)
Our playbook is complex, the problem is the conductor.

Our WCO is based on what the defense gives you. Basically our WR's are supposed to adjust their route based on the defense.

For instance those "Shovel-Passes" are a audible call. There is another OPTION on that play then just straight throwing it to Kelce.

Do you see the Lineman breaking out toward the flat? This would allow the RB to catch and cut back inside for with a crack back block. Also notice the post pattern going into the In-Zone, the motion (Had they used it) to fake the shovel pass would have drawn in the LB'ers and Safety to the left side of the field leaving that receiver 1 on 1.

[Reply]
RunKC 10:26 AM 06-25-2018

Alex was elite at knowing the playbook aka what everyone was supposed to be doing.

He was replaced by Mahomes bc he couldn’t implement the plays. Alex couldn’t run a shit load of the plays in the playbook which is why we stalled.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 10:37 AM 06-25-2018
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:

Hnnng. Such a fun one to watch. (Just posted 2 days ago)
I had so many freaking heart attacks during that game. So close but the Tech defense sucked so bad, Mahomes and the offense couldn't win it on their efforts
[Reply]
Dave Lane 09:55 AM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Is Cry Baby Lee menstruating again?
You mean there was a time the flow stopped?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:00 AM 06-27-2018

And she is fine by the way! https://t.co/U2srt8OsZl

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes5) June 26, 2018

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:00 AM 06-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

EDIT: :-) :-) - I see someone retweeted PMII the same GIF down the page. . .

via GIPHY

[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:28 AM 06-27-2018
Lmao, That is funny man.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:28 AM 06-27-2018
Tamba was on GMFB and basically confirmed in a nice way that Mahomes was torching Marcus Peters ass in practice :-)

Tamba said from what he saw last year he thinks the kid is Brett Favre.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:40 AM 06-27-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Tamba was on GMFB and basically confirmed in a nice way that Mahomes was torching Marcus Peters ass in practice :-)

The only difference I see is really in off the field behavior. The kid really can make all the throws. There is a a reason Andy Reid is giddy over Pat. I'm willing to bet that Jon Gruden called Andy and told him "This is Farve again man, this kid has GOT IT"
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:49 AM 06-27-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Just watched it, Tamba was talking about his "No Look Passes" and said he did it to Eric Berry and Peters ALOT.

This must be what Andy was talking about when he said "When you see it in practice its one thing, but then he did it in the games"
[Reply]
Page 801 of 2690
« First < 301701751791797798799800801 80280380480581185190113011801 > Last »
Up