ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 241 of 295
« First < 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 10:24 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Gore broke off a run against some backups.

Again, I'm no CEH fan, not stanning for him here. I'm just going against the "doesn't break long runs" narrative. I just don't care too much about it. It's why, to me, RB's 40 times don't really matter to awful much.
I think the Raiders had alot of their starters in still but does CEH make that run? Highly doubtful. He just hasn't shown he has that ability so far in the NFL.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:25 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I understand the sentiment but you've got nearly $200m in cap space to spend.

You'd have let Kelce walk? Tyreek? You wouldn't have brought in Mathieu? Brown Jr? Thuney?
I'd have done exactly what they did with Tyreek.

Kelce is a unicorn. I don't think he's ever actually been paid what he is worth.

Bringing in Brown Jr. and paying him elite LT money for average LT pay are two different things. Yes, I would have brought in Orlando Brown. I would NOT be working to pay him top 5 at his position, when he isn't a top 15 player.

Joe Thuney would have been - as I believe it was for Veach - a mandate from the owner. Up to me, absolutely not do I ever want to pay top dollar for a guard. Draft guys, extend them before they are in the last year of their deal, or trade them away.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:27 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The same people that complain about CEH’s lack of speed don’t see the appeal/value in giving RoJo a shot on a 1 year prove it deal.
I am all for giving RoJo a shot. He has game breaking ability just don't let him pass protect for Mahomes :-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:30 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:

Kelce is a unicorn. I don't think he's ever actually been paid what he is worth.

Bringing in Brown Jr. and paying him elite LT money for average LT pay are two different things. Yes, I would have brought in Orlando Brown. I would NOT be working to pay him top 5 at his position, when he isn't a top 15 player.

Joe Thuney would have been - as I believe it was for Veach - a mandate from the owner. Up to me, absolutely not do I ever want to pay top dollar for a guard. Draft guys, extend them before they are in the last year of their deal, or trade them away.
Not a top 15 LT?

Yeah, I don't agree with that.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 10:39 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I think they could retain anyone they want to. I'm saying I don't think that spending big money on a RB is a prudent use of our limited resources. For that reason, I don't think it's smart to invest in the position heavily.

Best case scenario, you burn a high pick on a RB and he exceeds expectations. Four or five years later you've earned the right to sign him to a $17m AAV deal just as he's leaving his prime..? Not a good deal most times. We've seen that play out with literally every big money contract handed out to elite RBs over the last 5 years or so. Every time, people say "well this time is different". They did that with Zeke, then Bell, then it happened with CMC. Every time, the guy doesn't really live up to the hype.

Like O.city said, churn 'em and burn 'em. Get your four-ish years out of the guy then let someone else pay him.
You're talking top five draft picks earning market setting contracts. I'm talking about retaining good players. The Bills have drafted an RB in the top 4 rounds in 3 of the last 4 drafts. No reason we can't do more at RB. A top 5-10 RB shouldn't break the bank if we landed one
[Reply]
staylor26 10:47 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:

This is absurd. Orlando Brown is easily a top 15 LT.
[Reply]
O.city 10:54 AM 05-23-2022
The same people that complain about CEH’s lack of speed don’t see the appeal/value in giving RoJo a shot on a 1 year prove it deal.
It seems players want the one year prove it deals more thee days, I'd rather do more just to possibly squeeze more value out but I like it just fine.

Especially for a RB.
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 05-23-2022
This is absurd. Orlando Brown is easily a top 15 LT.
I can see the "not top 5" argument. That's fine.

But not in the best 15 LT's? I dont' see 14 better.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:57 AM 05-23-2022
The Chiefs could have had Barry Sanders the last 2 seasons and it wouldn't have mattered. Fact is, the Chiefs have been a pass-first team, and Mahomes is a down field passer.

Little checkdowns. Not many run plays. Previously had a shitty run blocking Line, built for pass protection.

CEH and any scrub on this offense COULD potentially have a great numbers year, but it's really up to Reid/Bienemy and Mahomes to make it happen. We've seen success from a scrub like Gore, and we saw some beastmode from McKinnon.... but then the Chiefs offense goes away from those plays.

Personally I think this offense is going to mature this year and start mixing in the RB more considering the way defenses have adapted to our downfield attack. I hope I am right.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:02 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I can see the "not top 5" argument. That's fine.

But not in the best 15 LT's? I dont' see 14 better.
Agreed.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:03 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
The Chiefs could have had Barry Sanders the last 2 seasons and it wouldn't have mattered. Fact is, the Chiefs have been a pass-first team, and Mahomes is a down field passer.

Little checkdowns. Not many run plays. Previously had a shitty run blocking Line, built for pass protection.

CEH and any scrub on this offense COULD potentially have a great numbers year, but it's really up to Reid/Bienemy and Mahomes to make it happen. We've seen success from a scrub like Gore, and we saw some beastmode from McKinnon.... but then the Chiefs offense goes away from those plays.

Personally I think this offense is going to mature this year and start mixing in the RB more considering the way defenses have adapted to our downfield attack. I hope I am right.
Kareem Hunt says hello.

Having an upgrade at RB would definitely make a difference in this offense. Fact is, CEH isn't that good and neither are the other RBs we have so it's been holding this offense back.

But yes Reid teams are generally always pass first, second, with running plays never being a major focus but to act like RB is a position that doesn't matter in this offense is taking it too far...
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:08 AM 05-23-2022
With the salary cap jumping, overpaying today is only temporary
[Reply]
Hoover 11:14 AM 05-23-2022
I'm fine with Thuney, because at the time we had absolutely nothing else on the Oline. And I mean nothing. Yeah its pretty easy to look back now with Creed and Smith being studs and say we didn't need to pay him the money, but that is not the reality that we were living in.

The good news is this. You have Thuney under contract for 4 more years. And we can move on from him pretty easily after 2023, which we may want to do because it will be time to pay Humphries and Smith.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:16 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Kareem Hunt says hello.

Having an upgrade at RB would definitely make a difference in this offense. Fact is, CEH isn't that good and neither are the other RBs we have so it's been holding this offense back.

But yes Reid teams are generally always pass first, second, with running plays never being a major focus but to act like RB is a position that doesn't matter in this offense is taking it too far...
Yep 100%. With that being said here is a thought exercise for anyone, if we still had KH or comparable RB do teams still change up their defense to play 2 high on us?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:17 AM 05-23-2022
As for Thuney, him and Brown are the only guys we will be paying top dollar on the OL.

Absolutely no issue with giving Mahomes the best OL in the league for the next few years.
[Reply]
Page 241 of 295
« First < 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291 > Last »
Up