ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 240 of 295
« First < 140190230236237238239240 241242243244250290 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 09:21 AM 05-23-2022
Let someone else pay the RB. Find another one.
[Reply]
TEX 09:23 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Gotcha and Ekelar would be perfect in this offense.
Sure would be.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:27 AM 05-23-2022
Bottom line - this is Clyde's "prove it or lose it" year. He's had injury problems, and now a significant health problem, but by all accounts, he's as healthy as he's been since he's been here. Let this kid go out and show he can do it or move on from him at the end of the season.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:29 AM 05-23-2022
LOL RB's
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 09:38 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Let someone else pay the RB. Find another one.
Disagree...find rbs try and keep the good ones. The Chargers locked up ekeler for his prime years and still drafted an RB pretty high this year
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:00 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
You're discrediting the FO by assuming we wouldn't be able to retain an RB if he turns out to be an all pro talent though
I think they could retain anyone they want to. I'm saying I don't think that spending big money on a RB is a prudent use of our limited resources. For that reason, I don't think it's smart to invest in the position heavily.

Best case scenario, you burn a high pick on a RB and he exceeds expectations. Four or five years later you've earned the right to sign him to a $17m AAV deal just as he's leaving his prime..? Not a good deal most times. We've seen that play out with literally every big money contract handed out to elite RBs over the last 5 years or so. Every time, people say "well this time is different". They did that with Zeke, then Bell, then it happened with CMC. Every time, the guy doesn't really live up to the hype.

Like O.city said, churn 'em and burn 'em. Get your four-ish years out of the guy then let someone else pay him.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:02 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Generally I'd agree, but if you're going to have a back who isn't particularly fast, he needs to do some other things well to make up for it.

Priest Holmes and Kareem Hunt weren't very fast, but no one cared because Priest had insane vision/patience and Hunt had elite balance and lower body strength. Ekeler is probably the best receiving back in the NFL.

CEH doesn't compare to any of these names. Best thing I can say about him is he does hang onto the football (which is great) and occasionally he will drag a defender for an additional couple yards after contact. That's also cool but then I realize that he ran through a chasm between Thuney and Brown Jr and any other back would have taken that same carry for at least 10 more yards.
This is the kind of hyperbole about CEH that just becomes ridiculous.

The reason there are huge holes that don't turn into home runs is the exact same reason Tyreek was often neutralized. What part about flooding the defensive backfield escapes everyone when it comes to the running game?

CEH ain't Jamaal Charles, but he isn't the festering turd CP likes to say he is. Not unlike Frank Clark, the manner in which he was acquired has poisoned the well. He'd have to be all-world to back it up, so "average" is interpreted as "atrocious."
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:06 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Let someone else pay everyone but the QB and premier pass rusher. Find another one.
FYP

This would be my philosophy as a GM. The fans would hate me, but we would never ever have down years due to the cap.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:08 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:

The reason there are huge holes that don't turn into home runs is the exact same reason Tyreek was often neutralized. What part about flooding the defensive backfield escapes everyone when it comes to the running game?

CEH ain't Jamaal Charles, but he isn't the festering turd CP likes to say he is. Not unlike Frank Clark, the manner in which he was acquired has poisoned the well. He'd have to be all-world to back it up, so "average" is interpreted as "atrocious."
It's really not ridiculous. That's what happens when you field a slow RB with bad vision- he leaves a ton of yards on the field.

I don't think he sucks; I just don't think he's very good. He's certainly not good when you consider what we spent to get him and who we missed out on when taking him.
[Reply]
O.city 10:09 AM 05-23-2022

It's all about value. Value gained, lost etc.

Taking a guy in the first round that plays a position that's easy to find, will bring expectations that he be better than those guys found elsewhere later in draft.

He isn't at this point.

Of course, I'd never draft a RB earlier than the 3rd round but that's just me.
[Reply]
O.city 10:12 AM 05-23-2022
FYP

This would be my philosophy as a GM. The fans would hate me, but we would never ever have down years due to the cap.
I have no problem paying elite players elite contracts if they play at said elite level.

Just not RB's. Ever.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:17 AM 05-23-2022
FYP

I understand the sentiment but you've got nearly $200m in cap space to spend.

You'd have let Kelce walk? Tyreek? You wouldn't have brought in Mathieu? Brown Jr? Thuney?
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:17 AM 05-23-2022

Yet 3rd stringer Derrick Gore broke off a 50+ yd and had other longer runs.
[Reply]
O.city 10:20 AM 05-23-2022
Gore broke off a run against some backups.

Again, I'm no CEH fan, not stanning for him here. I'm just going against the "doesn't break long runs" narrative. I just don't care too much about it. It's why, to me, RB's 40 times don't really matter to awful much.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:24 AM 05-23-2022
The same people that complain about CEH’s lack of speed don’t see the appeal/value in giving RoJo a shot on a 1 year prove it deal.
[Reply]
Page 240 of 295
« First < 140190230236237238239240 241242243244250290 > Last »
Up