View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 63 of 343
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:33 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
So you talked around in circles in pure nihilistic fashion quoting James Heitfield " Nothing Else Matters".

We shouldn't have an opinion, because god damnit we should accept the dildo with sprinkles on top.

Tell AustinChief he should just close the BB down.

BTW, OBJ wasn't Reid/Veach's choice

You don’t even have an opinion, dude. You’re worried OBJ is going to sit around masturbating all day instead of going to practice.

I’m saying that’s irrational.
[Reply]
SAGA45 05:06 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Brown played more snaps last season than Christian has played in his entire career and both were selected in the 3rd round of the 2018 NFL draft.

And Christian will have an opportunity to improve on his success, like a backup QB who has skills to be a good starter that has a chance.
An opportunity for Christian to improve (especially as a run blocker) and stay healthy is one thing. Banking on him to make OBJ unneccesary is another.

I can fully understand not wanting to pay OBJ top money, but hating the idea of Brown getting top money to the point of propping up Geron Christian as leverage against Brown is absurd.

If anything, the notion of Christian starting at LT actually helps Brown's side of the table in negotiations.

Lastly, I find it odd that you've repeatedly knocked OBJ for a poor combine performance that was four years, 4,524 snaps (including postseason appearances), 12 allowed sacks (1 per every 377 snaps) and three Pro Bowls ago....

....yet you champion Geron Christian - who in that same four year span, has played only 1,175 snaps, allowed 8 sacks (1 every 146 snaps) and suffered two knee injuries (2018 and 2020) that sent him to IR - as a viable replacement for and leverage against Brown.

That's crazy.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:25 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
An opportunity for Christian to improve (especially as a run blocker) and stay healthy is one thing. Banking on him to make OBJ unneccesary is another.

I can fully understand not wanting to pay OBJ top money, but hating the idea of Brown getting top money to the point of propping up Geron Christian as leverage against Brown is absurd.

If anything, the notion of Christian starting at LT actually helps Brown's side of the table in negotiations.

Lastly, I find it odd that you've repeatedly knocked OBJ for a poor combine performance that was four years, 4,524 snaps (including postseason appearances), 12 allowed sacks (1 per every 377 snaps) and three Pro Bowls ago....

....yet you champion Geron Christian - who in that same four year span, has played only 1,175 snaps, allowed 8 sacks (1 every 146 snaps) and suffered two knee injuries (2018 and 2020) that sent him to IR - as a viable replacement for and leverage against Brown.

That's crazy.
Championing as the permanent starter no, but more like a stopgap till we can trade OBJ if he thinks he's worth 149+ million dollars which he isn't. Since masturbating is his way for cardio while eating twinkies to keep in shape since he takes pride being worst athlete in the NFL.

Work ethic matters but suddenly he cares about his nutrition and his physical shape because he wants to be paid. His footwork is average, and doesn't mirror the opposition rather he washes them out being a waist bender and all. Patrick has to alter his playing style because how OBJ blocks.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:50 PM 06-22-2022
2022 NFL salary cap 208.2 million.

If the models projecting future years of the NFL salary cap are accurate, it could approach $230 million in 2023.
WGAF?
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:15 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You don’t even have an opinion, dude. You’re worried OBJ is going to sit around masturbating all day instead of going to practice.

I’m saying that’s irrational.
Wait, are you saying it's irrational for him to do the masturbating or for us to worry about the masturbating?
[Reply]
rtmike 06:34 PM 06-22-2022
Maybe I watched different games but he was getting beat when speed rushers went to his left side constantly?
Seemed like he was chasing a lot?

I prolly need to watch more games.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:48 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by rtmike:
Maybe I watched different games but he was getting beat when speed rushers went to his left side constantly?

Especially earlier in the season, when Mahomes was still taking really deep drops, yes.

It got a lot better as the season went on.

In my opinion, it took a bit for the entire line to gel with Mahomes, and for Pat to feel comfortable in a more normal pocket.
[Reply]
irafreak 08:13 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
2022 NFL salary cap 208.2 million.

If the models projecting future years of the NFL salary cap are accurate, it could approach $230 million in 2023.
WGAF?
There is no guarantee these projections will be correct though. Look at how covid screwed up the cap.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:06 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Especially earlier in the season, when Mahomes was still taking really deep drops, yes.

It got a lot better as the season went on.

In my opinion, it took a bit for the entire line to gel with Mahomes, and for Pat to feel comfortable in a more normal pocket.
This x1,000,000. Keep saying it. Pat had lost faith in his line in 2020. He finally got that faith back middle of last year. Before 2020 he was not dropping back a mile and it made Eric Fisher look better than he was.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:07 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
There is no guarantee these projections will be correct though. Look at how covid screwed up the cap.
Well as long as we don't have another COVID, then I'd say the projections are probably lower than what the cap will actually be. The new TV money is going to drastically increase the cap and Dan Snyder not hiding money lol.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:14 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Wait, are you saying it's irrational for him to do the masturbating or for us to worry about the masturbating?
yes.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:24 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
This x1,000,000. Keep saying it. Pat had lost faith in his line in 2020. He finally got that faith back middle of last year. Before 2020 he was not dropping back a mile and it made Eric Fisher look better than he was.
Most of the notion that Brown is no good is rooted in the first half of the year when the whole line was playing poorly. As is often the case with a brand new personnel group, they got better in the second half of the year and were playing well by the end. But some people made a snap judgement about it and are now set in that opinion.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:39 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Most of the notion that Brown is no good is rooted in the first half of the year when the whole line was playing poorly. As is often the case with a brand new personnel group, they got better in the second half of the year and were playing well by the end. But some people made a snap judgement about it and are now set in that opinion.
Plus I think all those PFF stats that show him as a middle of the pack LT only take into account the entire season.

I could be wrong, of course. But I'd like to see what they have to say about his second half of the regular season and even the playoffs.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:19 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by rtmike:

I think this right here is the source of all the back-and-forth.

1) Brown looked worse early than he did later in the year, with some of the reason being Mahomes and a lot of it being him adjusting to a new scheme

2) While Brown DID get beat on pure speed rushes at times, the way he plays can lead to considering a play a LOSS on his part when really it's a neutral snap.

Example: If someone speed rushes against Brown and gets to Mahomes at 9 or 10-yards in the pocket, it's a win for the pass rusher. But if that same pass rusher does an 11- or 12- or 13-yard deep speed rush where Brown surrenders ground and keeps pushing them deeper past the pocket, that is a NEUTRAL snap for Brown and a loss for the rusher. But it can look like the rusher is winning (because he's going to a place the offense is fine with him going to.

So I think it's easy to watch the snap and see the rusher getting around the outside, and chalk it up as a blocking loss with Brown, even when it isn't.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 11:26 AM 06-23-2022
I'd roll with Gerod Christian, **** OBJ if he's being an asshole.
Good idea. Get your 500 million dollar QB killed because you want to skimp on his key protector.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 343
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up