« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trey Smith Thread*****
Dante84 03:34 PM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:47 PM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Mitch Holtus came right out and said he looks as dominant as Will Shields.

I mean, that is some hype right there. Will is a HOFer. But, when given the chance to backtrack, he didn't.
Will Shields is the greatest RG to ever play in the NFL, in my homerish opinion.

Trey Smith would have been an early round pick, possibly even a first round pick, if he had never had the issue with blood clots.

A lot of us here, and a lot of media people, and experts on offensive linemen called Smith possibly the steal of the draft, with the proviso that he had no lingering health issue stemming from the blood clots. Anyone who watched his tape knew he was not a true 6th round pick.

I don't remember any direct quotes from Burt Verch about Smith, but he had to be extremely surprised that he was still available in the 6th round.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
kcbubb 12:00 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Will Shields is the greatest RG to ever play in the NFL, in my homerish opinion.
I love will shields and I’m pumped about trey smith and the thought of some power football. But Larry Allen has to be the best…
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:17 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I love will shields and I’m pumped about trey smith and the thought of some power football. But Larry Allen has to be the best…
Will Shields played his entire career at RG, and Larry Allen did not. I believe that there were stretches of Allen's career where he played every position on the line except center.

Larry Allen is obviously one of the best offensive linemen in history, but he wasn't better at RG than Will Shields. Again, this is just my homerish opinion.

[Reply]
mkp785 10:43 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

Trey Smith would have been an early round pick, possibly even a first round pick, if he had never had the issue with blood clots.

A lot of us here, and a lot of media people, and experts on offensive linemen called Smith possibly the steal of the draft, with the proviso that he had no lingering health issue stemming from the blood clots. Anyone who watched his tape knew he was not a true 6th round pick.

I don't remember any direct quotes from Burt Verch about Smith, but he had to be extremely surprised that he was still available in the 6th round.

This. I remember specifically seeing a number of draft guys call him "steal of the draft"

He absolutely would've gone 2nd round at the latest if not for the blood clots. I think in his high-school class he was the highest ranked guard in the country.

He's gonna be starting by Halloween. Grabbing me some CEH in all my fantasy leagues lol.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:45 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
This. I remember specifically seeing a number of draft guys call him "steal of the draft"

He absolutely would've gone 2nd round at the latest if not for the blood clots. I think in his high-school class he was the highest ranked guard in the country.

He's gonna be starting by Halloween. Grabbing me some CEH in all my fantasy leagues lol.
Starting from Halloween? It's looking likely that he starts from week 1.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:45 AM 08-10-2021

Ummm he’s already starting…
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:46 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ummm he’s already starting…
Maybe he meant if we went back in time to last Halloween and had him starting we would've won the Super Bowl.

That actually makes more sense.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:47 AM 08-10-2021

Week 1 starter, brah.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:48 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Maybe he meant if we went back in time to last Halloween and had him starting we would've won the Super Bowl.

That actually makes more sense.
Ugh, you gotta think had Niang not opted out, he would have filled in capably for Fish.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:21 PM 08-10-2021
Things wide open for Smith to take the job between Long’s injury and now LDT’s.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:24 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Things wide open for Smith to take the job between Long’s injury and now LDT’s.
:-) Smith has the job and if someone tries to take it- he will murder them with his bare hands.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:49 PM 08-10-2021
This kid is amazing.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:53 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Hes so violent with his hands. I love it.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:15 PM 08-10-2021
We’re gonna have the best OL in the NFL, aren’t we?
[Reply]
SAGA45 11:15 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We’re gonna have the best OL in the NFL, aren’t we?
Band of Bullies...
[Reply]
Page 28 of 52
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up