ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 51
« First < 344041424344 45464748 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
RunKC 05:37 PM 09-11-2022
Quick turnaround. Amazon’s new platformed TNF

First thought: love the offense now. Worries about injuries and OT’s. Mack and Bosa had a combined 4.5 sacks today. But they played the Raiders OL.

They won but nearly lost to a bad team. Very beatable IMO
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:00 PM 11-18-2022
I will be beyond disappointed if the Chiefs can’t run the ball well this week.

It’s one thing if they choose not to, but we should be able to if we want to.

Haven’t they lost like 5 or 6 DL?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:22 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
The Jags did something similar on Noah Gray’s touchdown
Josh Allen ended up on Gray and Gray just blew by him. :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 12:24 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Josh Allen ended up on Gray and Gray just blew by him. :-)
Not a good weekend for Josh Allens.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:58 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I will be beyond disappointed if the Chiefs can’t run the ball well this week.

It’s one thing if they choose not to, but we should be able to if we want to.

Haven’t they lost like 5 or 6 DL?
I generally don't mind our lack of commitment to the run game as long as we're efficient when we do run.

Only 15-20 called run plays at 4.5-5 YPC is better than 35 run plays at 4 YPC, IMO. Pat is just too good to not let him throw a bunch.

But, yeah, agreed. I will be really annoyed if we go out there and are consistently getting stuffed for 1-2 yard gains on early downs given the state of their roster.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:31 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I generally don't mind our lack of commitment to the run game as long as we're efficient when we do run.

Only 15-20 called run plays at 4.5-5 YPC is better than 35 run plays at 4 YPC, IMO. Pat is just too good to not let him throw a bunch.

But, yeah, agreed. I will be really annoyed if we go out there and are consistently getting stuffed for 1-2 yard gains on early downs given the state of their roster.
This.

It only has to be effective enough for them to have to at least consider it, instead of just blowing past our tackles and gunning for Patrick every snap.

If we're running well enough that Pat can give the little play action fakes that buys him that half step of indecisiveness, he's generally going to shred.

But if we go out there and pull a carbon copy of ineptness from the Titans game, averaging 1 yard or less, then someone somewhere needs an ass kicking. The Chargers have been through a meat grinder on the d line.

Line needs to make the holes, and the backs need to know where the holes are.

Staley will likely play scared and ban his Dicker the Kicker from the field out of abject fear, so they'll be gimped in the scoring department already.

We really should just destroy them but it wouldn't surprise me if the game became a thriller at some point. Prime time division games for us usually do have an extremely high entertainment factor.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:36 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
We've seen Andy pound the ball this season. 37 rushes at Tampa.

I expect the running game to perform against the JV Charger d tackles, but it could still turn into a night where Pacheco rushes only 10-11 times.

It's just hard to say with Andy. The guy ignored Jamall Charles repeatedly in favor of Alex Smith and scrubs at receiver.

With Mahomes and these new toys, it's going to be hard for him to call the more mundane rushing plays.
I always go back to the Bills game a couple years ago. Commit to it and let Pacheko run like the wind and McKinnon catch those screens.

Then play-action and kill them with Toney over the top.

Add a sprinkle of Kelce and we're done.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 02:45 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
We've seen Andy pound the ball this season. 37 rushes at Tampa.
This kind of stat always seems to blow my mind. I'll watch a game and think a team has run the ball 20 times and I look and they have 40 rushing attempts.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:03 PM 11-18-2022

Primetime in LA? That's a white tie affair �� pic.twitter.com/jdhrkSjWpu

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) November 18, 2022

[Reply]
ModSocks 03:05 PM 11-18-2022
Ah yeah baby, tampon jersey time. Bustin' out the Kotex's.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:06 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I agree with everything but the last part of the last sentence. I want Staley there as long as possible.
I mean, so do I. Maybe they win just enough to make it not work to fire him.

I keep hearing people suggest it's a no-brainer spot for Sean Payton. I don't see it.

If Payton is actively seeking a coaching job, you know his agent is going to work Jerruh, and Jerruh will move heaven and earth to make that happen.

Short of the Cowboys winning the SB, if Sean Payton is a coach in the NFL next year, I don't see any way it's not coach of the Cowboys.

I also don't think the notoriously light-pockets Chargers are going to be the team to pony up for him. Sure, they have Herbert. They also have blown most of their cap space for the Herbert rookie contract window with the Mack and Jackson deals, so they'd have to make painful cuts or restructures to create a lot of flexibility.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:20 PM 11-18-2022
let's fucking go :-)

Two days to go https://t.co/r4B3Y4hXJd

— Henry Winkler (@hwinkler4real) November 18, 2022

[Reply]
philfree 03:24 PM 11-18-2022
The Fonz needs to come to Arrowhead and beat the drum for our game against the Rams.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:26 PM 11-18-2022
So Allen and Williams are both expected to play.

Of fucking course they are. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:34 PM 11-18-2022

#Chargers HC Brandon Staley says Keenan Allen and Mike Williams will be game-time decisions vs. the Chiefs.

— Nick Cothrel (@NickCothrel) November 18, 2022

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:19 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I honestly don’t care. Our corners have been pretty damn good so far. And CJ has been killing OLs. I think Spags has something for that ass, and Lombardi is gonna have a hell of a time with what Spags dials up.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 51
« First < 344041424344 45464748 > Last »
Up