Page 26 of 37
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Hammock Parties 01:46 PM 12-10-2007
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

*NERDGASM*

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:47 AM 05-26-2008
Raiders is a true classic. One of the very best action films of all time.

Temple of Doom is cheesy, but its also kind of brutal and dark.

Last Crusade is lighthearted fun. More comical than the grittiness of the first two flicks.

Crystal Skull had a few moments, which i listed in another thread, but overall its a disappointment. Goatse is right, its not even in the same league as the original trilogy.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 11:10 AM 05-26-2008
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Raiders is a true classic. One of the very best action films of all time.

Temple of Doom is cheesy, but its also kind of brutal and dark.

Last Crusade is lighthearted fun. More comical than the grittiness of the first two flicks.

Crystal Skull had a few moments, which i listed in another thread, but overall its a disappointment. Goatse is right, its not even in the same league as the original trilogy.
I'm going to have to agree with this.

Now, after seeing Indy 4....I look back at the perfect ending of Crusade....and wished that it would have remained the perfect franchise ending.

As someone mentioned a few postings back - much of the action/stunts that were done in the first 3, albeit a bit far fetched, you didnt have too much trouble accepting them as being somewhat possible.

I'd say over 50% of the action/stunts in Indy 4 - are borderline comical at best.

As I stated earlier in this thread - I have a big problem with the unbelievable/comical stunts. I thought the acting (especially Karen Allen) by many of the supporting cast was robotic at best.

Maybe because they were russians (emotionless?) we didnt get the same kind of hated antagonists that we had in the first three films.

And a bizzarre ending for an Indy film....really.....I get the need for it....but couldnt we have gone in a different direction after the "ceremony" (trying not to spoil anything)?

After 3 days of reflecting on this film.....I'm not liking it more and more each day.

I should have known in the opening scene from the Paramount logo into the film....that they were going to take the piss (my homage to Lock, Stock...)
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 12:10 PM 05-26-2008
I had completely forgotten that Raiders was nominated for Oscar's Best Picture...
[Reply]
Frankie 01:13 PM 05-26-2008
Originally Posted by GOATSE:
Basically it's the worst Indiana Jones movie ever and doesn't begin to compare to the original three.
I haven't seen it yet. But it would have to go a long way to top Temple Of Doom for that honor.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:35 PM 05-26-2008
Originally Posted by Frankie:
I haven't seen it yet. But it would have to go a long way to top Temple Of Doom for that honor.
The bridge scene in Temple of Doom blows away any setpiece in Indiana Jones and the Pitcher of Crystal Lite.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:08 PM 05-26-2008
The bridge scene in Temple of Doom blows away any setpiece in Indiana Jones and the Pitcher of Crystal Lite.
Basically that whole last 40 minutes of Temple of Doom is one giant set piece. Anyhow, any 5 minutes out of that is better that the whole of Crystal Skull.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:12 PM 05-26-2008
Can anyone recall one single memorable line from Crystal Lite? I sure can't.
[Reply]
Third Eye 03:11 PM 05-26-2008
Oh come now. The Star Wars homage: "I've got a bad feeling about this!"

Even you had to like that part.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:15 PM 05-26-2008
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Oh come now. The Star Wars homage: "I've got a bad feeling about this!"

Even you had to like that part.
I thought it was cute.

But not a memorable line.
[Reply]
Third Eye 03:24 PM 05-26-2008

You disgust me. The Mummy was brainless. Indiana Jones was not.
All right then, what makes Indiana Jones not brainless? Tell me exactly what intellectually inspired thought these movies provided you with. Show me the depth.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:34 PM 05-26-2008
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
All right then, what makes Indiana Jones not brainless? Tell me exactly what intellectually inspired thought these movies provided you with. Show me the depth.
An engaging plot and great characters?

You're seriously attempting to reduce Raiders to some pile of crap directed by Michael Bay, simply because it has lots of action. It's infuriating.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:47 PM 05-26-2008

"None of them were you Honey"
[Reply]
el borracho 03:59 PM 05-26-2008
Too much comedy; too much suspension of belief (especially the stunts); not enough credible danger; no personality in the bad guys.
[Reply]
el borracho 04:01 PM 05-26-2008
Oh, and I have no idea why anyone had guns in this movie. There were like eleventy billion shots fired and no one got hit except the natives (which happened off-camera). Apparrently, natives are the only ones susceptible to bullets- everyone else is immune.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:04 PM 05-26-2008
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Too muh comedy; too much suspension of belief (especially the stunts); not enough credible danger; no personality in the bad guys.
Whats funny is, Lucas and Spielberg kept saying for 19 years they wouldnt shoot another one until they got the script right. That was the best they could come up with in 19 years?? WTF??
[Reply]
Page 26 of 37
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up