« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Hammock Parties 01:46 PM 12-10-2007
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

*NERDGASM*

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:32 AM 05-25-2008
Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan:
What happened tp Kasdan? Did he just sick of Lucas's shit or what? I think a Spielberg/Kasdan reunion would have been perfect but instead we got Shia who's the new Jar-Jar
As I mentioned earlier, Lucas played the smallest role of the three in the Indy films.

He didn't write the script.

He didn't direct.

He didn't edit.

He didn't act.

Spielberg and Ford own the lion's share of the success or failure of this film.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:35 AM 05-25-2008
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
As I mentioned earlier, Lucas played the smallest role of the three in the Indy films.

He didn't write the script.

He didn't direct.

He didn't edit.

He didn't act.

Spielberg and Ford own the lion's share of the success or failure of this film.
But apparently he had one of the majority votes on the screenplay and went with this one over others. Kasdan did several projects for Lucas a long time ago but they haven't worked with one another for some time and I was wondering if there was a falling out like Indy and Abner Ravenwood. Maybe Lawernce boned Lucas's daughter or something
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:39 AM 05-25-2008
But apparently he had one of the majority votes on the screenplay and went with this one over others. Kasdan did several projects for Lucas a long time ago but they haven't worked with one another for some time and I was wondering if there was a falling out like Indy and Abner Ravenwood. Maybe Lawernce boned Lucas's daughter or something
If Larry boned his daughter, he'd be in jail for child molestation, instead of doing prison time for bringing "The Dreamcatcher" to the big screen.

:-)

Did you at least see it at a cool theater like Arclight?
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:43 AM 05-25-2008
If Larry boned his daughter, he'd be in jail for child molestation, instead of doing prison time for bringing "The Dreamcatcher" to the big screen.

:-)

Did you at least see it at a cool theater like Arclight?
Nah man, regular old Edwards. I save arclight for awesome cinematography shit like NCFOM and There Will be Blood.

Although when I saw TWBB there the sound went out right at the end with the scene in the bowling alley, I went ****ing berzerk and screamed at the poor ticket taking dude.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:51 AM 05-25-2008
Nah man, regular old Edwards. I save arclight for awesome cinematography shit like NCFOM and There Will be Blood.

Although when I saw TWBB there the sound went out right at the end with the scene in the bowling alley, I went ****ing berzerk and screamed at the poor ticket taking dude.
I'm so spoiled by Arclight (the two bars, in particular) that I really can't watch a movie anywhere else. Going to the Chinese Theater is so aggravating that I just can't deal with it anymore. One person will save like 19 seats, which drives me ****ing crazy. I get stuck off to the side or get a sore neck from sitting in the front row. **** that.

Buying my seats online has ruined me for any other venue.

Plus, it's five minutes from my house :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:53 AM 05-25-2008
I'm so spoiled by Arclight (the two bars, in particular) that I really can't watch a movie anywhere else. Going to the Chinese Theater is so aggravating that I just can't deal with it anymore. One person will save like 19 seats which drives me ****ing crazy. I get stuck off to the side or get a sore neck from sitting in the front row. **** that.

Buying my seats online has ruined me for any other venue.

Plus, it's five minutes from my house :-)
Saving more than one seat should be illegal. This is America. People have a right to sit the **** down if there are 10 free spaces in the row.

I always get there early though. I'm anal as hell about sitting in the middle of the theater.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:56 AM 05-25-2008
Originally Posted by GOATSE:
Saving more than one seat should be illegal. This is America. People have a right to sit the **** down if there are 10 free spaces in the row.

I always get there early though. I'm anal as hell about sitting in the middle of the theater.
That's the beauty of Arclight Cinemas (and the stadium seating, two full bars and a restaurant).

You have the option of not only buying your ticket online but purchasing your actual seat. They sell them far in advance for each showing so I sit exactly where I want, any time I go. For me, that's the perfect center of the theater (half-way back from the screen, middle seats).

And I can arrive two seconds before the previews or movie and have a perfect seat.

It's awesome.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:11 AM 05-25-2008
That's the beauty of Arclight Cinemas (and the stadium seating, two full bars and a restaurant).

You have the option of not only buying your ticket online but purchasing your actual seat. They sell them far in advance for each showing so I sit exactly where I want, any time I go. For me, that's the perfect center of the theater (half-way back from the screen, middle seats).

And I can arrive two seconds before the previews or movie and have a perfect seat.

It's awesome.
How much do they charge?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:15 AM 05-25-2008
Originally Posted by GOATSE:
How much do they charge?
No more than any other theater in Hollywood.

$14 a ticket plus parking.

https://www.arclightcinemas.com/ArcLight/faces/Home.jsp

The 21+ screenings are badass. They have waiters and waitresses that serve alcoholic drinks to your seat in the theater. :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:35 AM 05-25-2008
No more than any other theater in Hollywood.

$14 a ticket plus parking.

https://www.arclightcinemas.com/ArcLight/faces/Home.jsp

The 21+ screenings are badass. They have waiters and waitresses that serve alcoholic drinks to your seat in the theater. :-)
Cinemark has a 21+ theater in KC - nowhere near as cool as Arclight, I'm sure. But I miss that theater, there's not one in MB. Pretty small, VIP lounge. And tickets are $20... but they have a full bar, waiters/waitresses, menu (not just popcorn and hotdogs), and leather recliners. And it doesn't matter in that theater where you sit, there isn't a bad seat in the room. Of course... there's only like 40 seats.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:02 AM 05-25-2008
Shia Ladouche is ****ing horrible. HORRIBLE. When I first heard he was cast in the new Indy move I was like "what the ****" and people were all "Ohhh no, give it a chance, you never know it might be good or whatever", well **** all that, I was right he sucks.
How does that loser even get these parts? I'm better looking and I bet I can act better and I'VE NEVER ACTED BEFORE. Stupid. **** all these Indy nerd/dork/geeks that hate on Lucas and whine whenever they think something isn't cool anymore because it has mass appeal but they're right this time. I love Raiders and always liked Temple of Doom for what it was but this bullshit makes TOD look like Citizen Kane.

More beer.
I have to disagree about Shia. I actually thought his interaction with Indy (especially some of the early scenes) were some of the best things about the movie. Loved that whole scene in the malt shop.

Not his fault he was saddled with some dumb scenes (CGI vines)

From what i was reading last night, it appears the script is credited to Koepp, but it was patched together by him from about 5 others over the past 15 years or so. Probably explains why there are nuggets scattered in there i liked, and others i didnt. The movie has a very patchwork feel to it. It doesnt flow very well.

Im willing to bet the stuff i liked came from Darabonts script. Damn you Lucas!!! You should have used that years ago!!! :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:31 PM 05-25-2008
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I have to disagree about Shia. I actually thought his interaction with Indy (especially some of the early scenes) were some of the best things about the movie. Loved that whole scene in the malt shop.

For me, he wasn't believable in pulling off the stuff he did.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:21 PM 05-25-2008
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Cinemark has a 21+ theater in KC - nowhere near as cool as Arclight, I'm sure. But I miss that theater, there's not one in MB. Pretty small, VIP lounge. And tickets are $20... but they have a full bar, waiters/waitresses, menu (not just popcorn and hotdogs), and leather recliners. And it doesn't matter in that theater where you sit, there isn't a bad seat in the room. Of course... there's only like 40 seats.
VIP room on the plaza?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:29 PM 05-25-2008
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
VIP room on the plaza?
Yeah. I really liked that theater.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:32 PM 05-25-2008
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I guess these types of theaters are the in thing these days. We have a few oh them here in San Antonio.

They are ok if you are trying to avoid the "typical Fri/Sat night teen" crowd. I try to avoid the peak times of movigoing these days. Ill usually go on a Sunday afternoon, or maybe during a weeknight when its less crowded. With Indy i couldnt wait though. I had to experience it with a big crowd.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 37
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up