ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Okafor re-signs
Tribal Warfare 11:30 AM 07-20-2021

Free agent pass-rusher Alex Okafor is signing back with the #Chiefs, source said. He gets a 1-year deal and will return to KC, his home for the last two seasons.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 20, 2021

[Reply]
oldman 11:13 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
PFF is complete and utter horseshit.

Regardless, Okafor's a talented guy, which is why he's been in the league for 9 years. He has value because he knows the system and the locker room and the Chiefs need rotational bodies.

He's a good fit.

If the Chiefs can get 4 or 5 sacks from a 30 year old playing on Vet Minimum, what's the problem?
I agree. The league wasn't beating down Okafor's door, so what's the harm in getting something for vet nothing (minimum)? It allows us to rotate some of our younger players in, move Jones around, and still present a decent front 4.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:29 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I agree. The league wasn't beating down Okafor's door, so what's the harm in getting something for vet nothing (minimum)? It allows us to rotate some of our younger players in, move Jones around, and still present a decent front 4.
Okafor just isnt the sexy option. He can run all the stunts and when healthy gets a good push to the qb. But he never had a Melvin Ingram like career.
[Reply]
oldman 07:11 AM 07-21-2021
Jones is going to draw a double team most of the time on the inside and I suspect Reed will see some double as well. That forces the opposition to either keep a TE for a blocker or go 1 on 1 against a DE. Move Jones around and throw in a blitz or 6 and see what happens.
[Reply]
R Clark 08:16 AM 07-21-2021
Gay for the win
[Reply]
RunKC 08:21 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Would it shock you to know that we allow roughly the same yards per attempt we did before Spags?

2016:4.5 yards per rush allowed
2017: 4.4
2018: 4.9
2019: 4.9
2020: 4.6

The chiefs still have a really bad run defense. The whole set edges thing is just a false narrative.
A big part of this wasn’t the DL though. Our LB’s were not good which is why they drafted Gay and Bolton.

If those 2 are even decent we’ll defend the run better
[Reply]
staylor26 08:35 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
A big part of this wasn’t the DL though. Our LB’s were not good which is why they drafted Gay and Bolton.

If those 2 are even decent we’ll defend the run better
Yea and there’s that guy Jarran Reed too…
[Reply]
O.city 08:36 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Is he that good against the run though? I always thought he was more pass rusher.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:46 AM 07-21-2021
Would it shock you to know that we allow roughly the same yards per attempt we did before Spags?

The chiefs still have a really bad run defense. The whole set edges thing is just a false narrative.
Come on, we aren't nearly the same. We were 31st in Run Defense in 2018 with no runs longer than 30 yards. We were 19th last year, with 3 runs over 40 yards... there is a drastic difference when you couple Spags philosophy to keep mobile QB's in the pocket. The edge was a joke with Dee Ford, it was more of a turnstile.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:52 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Is he that good against the run though? I always thought he was more pass rusher.
Yes. He’s a good run defender as well. Considering he’s essentially replacing Jones on run downs, he’s a significant improvement.
[Reply]
O.city 09:09 AM 07-21-2021
Yes. He’s a good run defender as well. Considering he’s essentially replacing Jones on run downs, he’s a significant improvement.
Honestly, I think the whole "bad run defense" thing is overblown. They aren't great against the run, but they're fine. Considering they're playing with alot of leads, if teams wanna run it, have at it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:10 AM 07-21-2021

Except it's not. Actually watch the games against the Bills and Ravens the last 2 years and you'll see it, especially from Okafor.

No, they're not good defending up the middle against running backs but they've done a pretty damn good job containing mobile QB's since Spags got here.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:13 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Honestly, I think the whole "bad run defense" thing is overblown. They aren't great against the run, but they're fine. Considering they're playing with alot of leads, if teams wanna run it, have at it.
They’re usually good when they need to be. That’s my take on it.

They should still be better this year with the upgrades at Lb and the addition of Reed though.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:17 AM 07-21-2021
I wouldn’t consider him a huge upgrade in run defense bc Nnadi is very good there. I think he’s one of the most underrated players in the league, especially as a run defender. We’ve definitely come a long way since Xavier Willims though.

Our biggest run problems came from putting Neimann and Sorenson at LB. we just cannot do that.

Which is probably what they saw given our pick of Nick Bolton
[Reply]
Redbled 09:21 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
He signed with Cleveland in April.
So you’re saying there’s a chance.
[Reply]
O.city 09:33 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I wouldn’t consider him a huge upgrade in run defense bc Nnadi is very good there. I think he’s one of the most underrated players in the league, especially as a run defender. We’ve definitely come a long way since Xavier Willims though.

Our biggest run problems came from putting Neimann and Sorenson at LB. we just cannot do that.

Which is probably what they saw given our pick of Nick Bolton
You've gotta have Lb's that can play both run and pass otherwise you just get gashed one way or another.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up