ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Okafor re-signs
Tribal Warfare 11:30 AM 07-20-2021

Free agent pass-rusher Alex Okafor is signing back with the #Chiefs, source said. He gets a 1-year deal and will return to KC, his home for the last two seasons.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 20, 2021

[Reply]
RealSNR 03:06 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
No he wasn't. At least we can count on Clark to play his assignment and not get washed out on running plays. We can't count on Danna to do that.
Clark plays his assignment, but he gets washed out on running plays more often than you seem to think. I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:12 PM 07-20-2021
No he wasn't. At least we can count on Clark to play his assignment and not get washed out on running plays. We can't count on Danna to do that.
Da Fuq? Danna is the one who is very sound in his run assignments. Clark struggles with that
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:31 PM 07-20-2021

Alex Okafor played one more regular-season game than Melvin Ingram over the last two years and has one more sack.

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) July 20, 2021

[Reply]
MVChiefFan 03:56 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
BOOM!!!
[Reply]
TRR 04:14 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Very misleading. You would have to go back to 2014 to get a comparable season (from Okafor) to Melvin Ingram’s 2019 season.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:26 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
We are going to have a top 3 blitzing defense this year. Our offense is going to put up points behind our shiny new line and teams are going to play a LOT of catch up against us.
I like your optimism.....I just dont see it happening.

Would love to be proven wrong.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:57 PM 07-20-2021
Where'd you hear that at?
Dude, it was pretty common knowledge that he was pissed off when he left. The bridge might not have been burnt completely to the ground but it was definitely on fire.
Matt Derrick has mentioned several times that Houston is very unlikely. Said the only reason he would not rule it out is because of Veach and the things he has done.
Pat McAfee mentioned on his shows that Houston had said some disparaging remarks against the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:40 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Are they really so married to having Chris Jones at DE that if Houston signed, they wouldn't kick him back to his natural position?

Houston-Jones-Reed-Clark would be a really great lineup.
What recent evidence have you seen to believe Clark helps form a great D line?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07-20-2021, 08:29 PM
This message has been deleted by ThyKingdomCome15.
ThyKingdomCome15 08:30 PM 07-20-2021
PFF says he's JAG.
[Reply]
-King- 08:56 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
What recent evidence have you seen to believe Clark helps form a great D line?
None but if he's your worst starting D-lineman, then you likely have a really great line.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:07 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
PFF says he's JAG.
PFF is complete and utter horseshit.

Regardless, Okafor's a talented guy, which is why he's been in the league for 9 years. He has value because he knows the system and the locker room and the Chiefs need rotational bodies.

He's a good fit.

If the Chiefs can get 4 or 5 sacks from a 30 year old playing on Vet Minimum, what's the problem?
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:37 PM 07-20-2021
Chiefs already had a 2 million dead cap hit this year for Okafor- so whatever he gets will be added on that.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:37 PM 07-20-2021
I would like a pass rush, but not at the expense of teams running roughshod to the outside. Since spags arrived, we haven't had the sacks everyone wants, but we have set pretty good edges. It's really, really hard to do both and with our offense, I think I prefer to set edges and not allow them to run the ball and take the ball out of Mahomes hands...
[Reply]
-King- 09:48 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I would like a pass rush, but not at the expense of teams running roughshod to the outside. Since spags arrived, we haven't had the sacks everyone wants, but we have set pretty good edges. It's really, really hard to do both and with our offense, I think I prefer to set edges and not allow them to run the ball and take the ball out of Mahomes hands...
Would it shock you to know that we allow roughly the same yards per attempt we did before Spags?

2016:4.5 yards per rush allowed
2017: 4.4
2018: 4.9
2019: 4.9
2020: 4.6

The chiefs still have a really bad run defense. The whole set edges thing is just a false narrative.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:36 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Would it shock you to know that we allow roughly the same yards per attempt we did before Spags?

2016:4.5 yards per rush allowed
2017: 4.4
2018: 4.9
2019: 4.9
2020: 4.6

The chiefs still have a really bad run defense. The whole set edges thing is just a false narrative.
Considering we have basically the same cast just with new names this isnt surprising. We had one good edge then(Houston) and dee ford who was hit and miss, we have Clark and a jag now. Dogshit Line backers then, dog shit/ unproven young guys last year. Berry/parker is less than HB/Thornhill overall, but thornhill is recovering from an injury or a rookie so far during spags years. And the corners, well i cant remember who was even opposite of Steven Nelson at the moment, but it was probably more investment and less return that we are getting now.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up